Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

If we attack North Korea, more US soldiers will die than in every war since Vietnam combined (and not too much less if you include Vietnam). This doesn't even count the estimated 1,000,000 dead South Koreans.

I'm not saying war with them should be 100% out of the question, but it has to be an absolute last resort.

Good. I am glad he said what he said and i hope he follows through.

I understand not liking Kim Jong Un but nuking civilians who have done nothing wrong is realm fucked up. Could we win a war against Russia and China and a ton of other other countries, probably but millions would die. For what? So we could flex our muscles? That is beyond fucked up.

If we attack North Korea, more US soldiers will die than in every war since Vietnam combined (and not too much less if you include Vietnam). This doesn't even count the estimated 1,000,000 dead South Koreans.

I'm not saying war with them should be 100% out of the question, but it has to be an absolute last resort.

How do you arrive at those numbers ? With Gen. Mattis at the helm we would absolutely and utterly annihilate them. Not to mention the pent up rage the armed forces has for NK. It would be an ass kicking that they would be wholly in awe of.

You can decimate North Korea without using nuclear weapons.

Also blots, I agree that war should be a last resort.

• Upvote 1

I understand not liking Kim Jong Un but nuking civilians who have done nothing wrong is realm fucked up. Could we win a war against Russia and China and a ton of other other countries, probably but millions would die. For what? So we could flex our muscles? That is beyond fucked up.

Why is that fucked up? They would not hesitate doing it to us, and I would like to get theirs before they get ours. 911 the enemy drew first blood and it was too much. I would not hesitate doing it to them whatsoever. This is not flexing our muscle, we have tried diplomacy. It didn't work. This is not getting hit on the western seaboard and potentially losing millions by destroying anything resembling North Korea. It is time to drop the hammer on those pussies.

So I can't find a good source for the 1 million number, but back in the 90s, the US estimated it'd be about 50k US Soldiers and half a million south Koreans. If the North Koreans have short-range nukes like it seems like they do, that's very bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPLAN_5027

North Korea is literally shitting their pants in fear of us like they have for decades. They have to talk strong in order to try to not be bullied and they can do that because as mentioned before, they have China as a firewall.

It's mostly hot air though. I am very very against starting a war just because they "threaten" us. We are watching them all the time, I'm confident we could stop any missile attack they would theoretically launch against us. If and when that happens, then we can retaliate because they would more than likely lose the support of their biggest allies and they'd be fucked anyway.

If we attack first, it looks like we're doing what we do all over the world... instigating conflict, nation-building, and initiating regime change.

Very very against.

So I can't find a good source for the 1 million number, but back in the 90s, the US estimated it'd be about 50k US Soldiers and half a million south Koreans. If the North Koreans have short-range nukes like it seems like they do, that's very bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPLAN_5027

Not being condescending or anything, but a lot has changed. That THAAD platform would give us and SK enough notice and shots to get it down. Also back then the ROK army was nowhere near the level it is today They really could probably hold their own against NK, and with just the forces we have now we could keep them at Camp RedCloud or Ouijongbu at the lowest.

For perspective Iraq had a top 10 military when we went to war, and we utterly destroyed them. NK has nothing close to that.

North Korea is literally shitting their pants in fear of us like they have for decades. They have to talk strong in order to try to not be bullied and they can do that because as mentioned before, they have China as a firewall.

It's mostly hot air though. I am very very against starting a war just because they "threaten" us. We are watching them all the time, I'm confident we could stop any missile attack they would theoretically launch against us. If and when that happens, then we can retaliate because they would more than likely lose the support of their biggest allies and they'd be fucked anyway.

If we attack first, it looks like we're doing what we do all over the world... instigating conflict, nation-building, and initiating regime change.

Very very against.

Can you really say we instigated this though. China has already told NK to shut the fuck up. I think if ANYTHING happens on that peninsula NK will no longer be taught in geography. And I think no one will mourn for them either.

If war does break out in Korea, which I don't think it will, Seoul is 100% fucked. Giant kill box with millions of potential casualties.

Edit: And no, this is not something that can be avoided with preemptive airstrikes. Maybe Seoul reacts quickly enough to minimize casualties, but a lot of people will be hurt or killed and the city devastated in terms of destruction. Seoul basically has a loaded gun trained on it at all times.

Edited by OSUViking

A statement by the spokesman for the Korean People's Army, carried by the North's state-run KCNA news agency stated that North Korea was "carefully examining" preemptive missile strikes on the US territory of Guam.

Also Omerta, I wouldn't have such faith in Mattis given that there's a chance war will be declared with no one telling him in advance.

https://twitter.com/mccormackjohn/status/895253786201141248

Unaware he was going to tell the wprld os a far cry from not having known. Gen Mattis is so connected their would not be an arms room that gets unlocked without him knowing.

Yeah, because Trump isn't know to be impulsive at all. lol

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Unaware he was going to tell the wprld os a far cry from not having known. Gen Mattis is so connected their would not be an arms room that gets unlocked without him knowing.

If he tells the world without telling anyone else, that gives North Korea time to start their blaze of glory.

"The Justice Department has reopened the investigation of Hillary Clinton's mishandling of classified material on her private email system while she was secretary of state, and is considering offering her a plea bargain if she will agree to plead guilty to charges of breaking the law, according to a Clinton attorney," Newsmax reports.

The discussion of a plea bargain took place late last month and was offered by a high-ranking Justice Department official to the Clinton lawyer.

During the exploratory talks with the prosecutor, the Clinton attorney was told that despite former FBI Director James Comey's decision last July not to prosecute Hillary, the Justice Department has reexamined the email case and believes there are ample grounds for prosecuting Hillary on a number of counts.

Under the Justice Department's plea offer, Hillary would be required to sign a document admitting that she committed a prosecutable crime. In return, the DOJ would agree not to bring charges against Hillary in connection with the email probe.

Also as part of the agreement, the Justice Department would not proceed with an investigation of Hillary's pay to play deals with foreign governments and businessmen who contributed to the Clinton Foundation or who paid Bill Clinton exorbitant speaking fees.

The Clinton attorney cautioned that normally a plea is offered by a prosecutor only upon arraignment, and Hillary has not yet been charged with any crime.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

I love some people's attitude towards Hillary Clinton's email scandal. She's AT LEAST guilty of obstruction of justice. This is probably ultimately an exercise in futility though because she's untouchable.

Seth Rich is dead because he was the wikileaks source. If you believe anything different there's probably not any point in having a conversation because you're fucking BEYOND a lemming.

• Downvote 1

Seth Rich is dead because he was the wikileaks source. If you believe anything different there's probably not any point in having a conversation because you're fucking BEYOND a lemming.

If he was the wikileaks source, why won't wikileaks produce any evidence of that? He's already dead, so its not like he can get reprisals against him.

because he still has surviving family members.

So you're saying the Hillary Clinton cabal knows Seth Rich leaked the damaging information and killed him for it, but now they won't kill the family unless its proven that he was the one who leaked it? If Wikileaks has proof of that (which they undoubtedly would if he was), then why don't they release it to the relevant government authorities to get her taken down? Certainly the current administration would love to jail her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7FkLBRpKg

Assange seems to heavily suggest that Seth Rich was the source. I think it's possible that Rich and Assange/Wikileaks had agreed that he not be specifically named for that reason and they're honoring it. I was speculating on the reason. The guy was killed in a "robbery" in which nothing was stolen. Seymour Hersh who only just recently backed off of saying Rich was the leak has probably had his life threatened too.

I do appreciate that you at least concede that Hillary is guilty of obstruction of justice though.

Edited by seanbrock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7FkLBRpKg

Assange seems to heavily suggest that Seth Rich was the source. I think it's possible that Rich and Assange/Wikileaks had agreed that he not be specifically named for that reason and they're honoring it. I was speculating on the reason. The guy was killed in a "robbery" in which nothing was stolen. Seymour Hersh who only just recently backed off of saying Rich was the leak has probably had his life threatened too.

I do appreciate that you at least concede that Hillary is guilty of obstruction of justice though.

I'm not conceding shit. I'm going after the extreme part of what you said.

And I know Assange has been suggesting it. If its true, he has proof. Rich is dead. Release it. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe its part of his usual shtick of being a mouthpiece for Russia.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, because Trump isn't know to be impulsive at all. lol

I dont think you understand how loyal the military is to Mattis. I'll say it like this, for those that want to see a civil war, watch us get into a war and trump throw mattis under the bus. Troops will not respond to him without Mattis.

As to the Clinton e-mails, I want to see a trial. Not to crucify her, but to once and for all put it to rest. If she is guilty we will know. If she is innocent double jeopardy protects her.

James Comey means nothing. He has no say in whether or not to prosecute her, he is not a lawyer. He should have gathered evidence and let the AG decide. Why his opinion is brought up as relevant I do not understand.

• Upvote 1

How is Hillary NOT guilty of obstruction of justice? She deleted thousands of emails and destroyed servers before a pending investigation. Isn't that like...the definition of obstruction of justice? lol