Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

The modern weapons is kind of a push. They have some modern and about half with M1 Garands. I mean if that is your definition then yeah theyre powerful. I am just not sure that they would stand any real chance against us. It looks like we must agree to disagree here.

If that's an exaggeration, then I'll let it slide; but if it's not, it's just blatantly false.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_People%27s_Liberation_Army_Ground_Force?wprov=sfla1

Their main service rifle is the QBZ-95, with other weapons in service with seconds forces.

It is not a push. They have equipment in the latest generation of military technology outside of aircraft (the US is the leading power in airborne stealth technology and design).

I will put it like this. They would not make it across the Pacific if they tried to invade us. They would likely beat us back if we invaded them. There is more parity in North Korea, but that nation affords them several advantages that would make confrontation very costly if not futile. The US military is not invincible, especially given the logistical advantage favors China. On papee, it's the strongest military in the world, but wars aren't fought based on how they look on paper. It's cliche as hell but it's true.

Edited by OSUViking

Biiiiiiiiiiig difference. Iraq and A stan where coin fights. This would be much different. And we monkey stomped their asses.

I mean yeah we technically "won" those wars in the sense that we overthrew their government, but its not like they're looked at as big successes.

I mean yeah we technically "won" those wars in the sense that we overthrew their government, but its not like they're looked at as big successes.

That is how you want to look at it. Did we get faaaar more of them then they got us ? Yep. Did they have any resounding wins? No. Did we win and take every major city fairly easily, we wanted. The only battles that took more than a week that I can remember was Sadr City, Fallujah, and Baghdad. Even Baghdad was over in a few days.

Did we bring stability to the region? No. Did we win any favor with anyone ? No. Did it cost us far more than it hould have? Yes, but that was the intent.

If that's an exaggeration, then I'll let it slide; but if it's not, it's just blatantly false.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_People%27s_Liberation_Army_Ground_Force?wprov=sfla1

Their main service rifle is the QBZ-95, with other weapons in service with seconds forces.

It is not a push. They have equipment in the latest generation of military technology outside of aircraft (the US is the leading power in airborne stealth technology and design).

I will put it like this. They would not make it across the Pacific if they tried to invade us. They would likely beat us back if we invaded them. There is more parity in North Korea, but that nation affords them several advantages that would make confrontation very costly if not futile. The US military is not invincible, especially given the logistical advantage favors China. On papee, it's the strongest military in the world, but wars aren't fought based on how they look on paper. It's cliche as hell but it's true.

I think we would take them if we wanted them. They are still far behind us in ordinance, and Navy. They have nothing like the Ghost Hovercraft, the bullets that can correct themselves in mid flight, and so on. The predator, and reaper drones are the best at what they do, They are just far enough behind us in every phase I feel there is not anything they could do outside of nukes to stop of from toppling Beijing if we felt so inclined. Would we lose people? Sure would they lose more? Absolutely.

Really I am just tired of the China could win rhetoric, or we need to be afraid of China because it is such a falsehood. The only area I think they may have us, is their anti-satellite program, which may not even be better than our own, but it is damn close if it isnt.

Did we bring stability to the region? No. Did we win any favor with anyone ? No. Did it cost us far more than it hould have? Yes, but that was the intent.

So, it was a failure.

So, it was a failure.

That is different person to person. Imo we won if only by virtue of we didnt lose. By your standards we may well have lost.

And people would be ok with not attacking even if we did somehow get hit with a nuke ? I am not saying it is inevitable, but it is possible and that is not good. That really is not a price I am willing to pay. Millions of American lives> North Korean personally.

When people say we should risk it, we are already saying some loss is acceptable, so we would start off with that loss and then what ? If I KNEW FOR A FACT that China would keep their word, then ok, I could get on board with that train of thought. The thing is though, I dont trust them and they have everything to gain from letting NK hit us first, watching us gear up an deploy thinking we have one type of fight on our hands and then China showing us it is something different. That is smart for them and is something i think they are likely to do.

It is not Democrat VS Republican, they both suck. Democrats weaken our military, and Republicans send us to war knowing that. They are both equally culpable.

Your claim that Dems weaken the military by wanting to spend less money on it simply does not hold water. As stated, we have a higher military budget than the next 27 countries combined. Money is not the problem.

If NK nukes us, we annihilate them. Period. Trump's in power, there is no way he and Mattis do not respond with overwhelming force. You had said what if NK hits us with a nuke first and cripples our ability to respond. I was talking about the subs because no matter where NK hits, we still have our ships and can respond in that fashion.

You're talking out of two sides of your mouth here. First, you claim China is no threat at all, then you claim that somehow if NK nukes us China goes from not being a threat at all to being a huge threat. Which is it? What happened to all your rah rah talk about us proving to the world how tough we are by beating up on China?

Finally, why is it smart for China to attack us at all? If we attack NK after they hit us, and China sides with NK, they have no moral ground to stand on. The rest of the world will be on our side. They would lose any ensuing conflict- your own words. So what do they gain? Our economies are intrinsically linked. It just makes zero sense for China to make a complete enemy of the US.

(I am not overestimating China. I am being plainly realistic. Your posts are chalk full of nationalist rhetoric)

Well at least someone said it.

Your claim that Dems weaken the military by wanting to spend less money on it simply does not hold water. As stated, we have a higher military budget than the next 27 countries combined. Money is not the problem.

I didn't say it was the budget. If you are going to argue Democrats dont weaken our military then I dont know what to say to you. Not that you would know because you are armchair QB'ing, but its cool your opinion is totally valid. I said they weaken it, I never revealed how.

If NK nukes us, we annihilate them. Period. Trump's in power, there is no way he and Mattis do not respond with overwhelming force. You had said what if NK hits us with a nuke first and cripples our ability to respond. I was talking about the subs because no matter where NK hits, we still have our ships and can respond in that fashion.

And it would be a limited response if they were to hit Diego Garcia, JBLM, Ft Wainright, MT. Home, or Pendleton.

You're talking out of two sides of your mouth here. First, you claim China is no threat at all, then you claim that somehow if NK nukes us China goes from not being a threat at all to being a huge threat. Which is it? What happened to all your rah rah talk about us proving to the world how tough we are by beating up on China?

No dude, just stop lol. At least OSU has rational things to say. You're all,"Oh my feels" lol, What I said was I dont trust China to keep their word so their is no point in me relying on that as a motivation for decision making.

Finally, why is it smart for China to attack us at all? If we attack NK after they hit us, and China sides with NK, they have no moral ground to stand on. The rest of the world will be on our side. They would lose any ensuing conflict- your own words. So what do they gain? Our economies are intrinsically linked. It just makes zero sense for China to make a complete enemy of the US.

Yes because they world is won and lost on morals....the fuck outta here. Yeah I am sure the Muslims, the French, and so on would back us. They are like most people, there is nothing ever worth a fight ever. The whole "Better Red than Dead" mentality.

Well at least someone said it.

Way to go Mr.Cosigner dude, you showed me lol.

I didn't say it was the budget. If you are going to argue Democrats dont weaken our military then I dont know what to say to you. Not that you would know because you are armchair QB'ing, but its cool your opinion is totally valid. I said they weaken it, I never revealed how.

Then lay it out. And please get off your damn high horse and quit acting like you're the be-all end-all on military matters and no one else knows what soldiers have to deal with. My dad was in the Navy for 28 years. All of us know military people, some more than others. Your argument was that the Dems were responsible for our soldiers being in the field with less than adequate gear. Money is the first thing that comes to mind. I happen to think it is the money, just not the amount of money. It's not being spent correctly. But both parties are guilty of that.

And it would be a limited response if they were to hit Diego Garcia, JBLM, Ft Wainright, MT. Home, or Pendleton.

Why? What type of response are you envisioning here? A ground invasion? We'd be fools to do that. We could bomb them to hell and back with what we already have on the ocean.

No dude, just stop lol. At least OSU has rational things to say. You're all,"Oh my feels" lol, What I said was I dont trust China to keep their word so their is no point in me relying on that as a motivation for decision making.

There's nothing remotely resembling "oh my feels" in that quote. No idea where you're getting that from. I'm literally just asking whether or not China is a threat. You stated that they are no threat, that we could kick their asses, rah rah, etc. Then stated that if we wait for NK to strike first, there's no telling what China will do. Well, if we can just kick their asses six ways from Sunday, who gives a shit what China will do?

Yes because they world is won and lost on morals....the fuck outta here. Yeah I am sure the Muslims, the French, and so on would back us. They are like most people, there is nothing ever worth a fight ever. The whole "Better Red than Dead" mentality.

Oftentimes it is won or lost on the appearance of morals, yes. If you don't think countries pander around to try to act like they have the high ground, you really haven't been paying attention at any point in history class.

You also completely missed my point. I was simply going down a list. China attacking us after NK bombs us is stupid because

1) No moral ground to stand on so no one else is going to stand with them.

2) Their economy, (and ours) will be destroyed because of the way we're linked.

3) They would lose any straight up military fight.

So why on earth would China side with NK? There are no upsides to it. The moral thing was just one aspect of it.

So no one else is worth a fight. So then why don't we just bomb everyone else to hell just to be sure that no one can ever hurt us, eh? And who cares if they don't back us? We can just beat everyone anyway, since we're the US and we're the best, right?

Better Red than Dead mentality? The French and the Muslims would rather be commies than be dead? This is completely unsupported by any evidence and also entirely irrelevant to this conversation because NK/China isn't going to be taking over France or "the Muslims" anytime soon. So I really don't get how that statement is at all relevant to the discussion.

For a person who claims to be upset that the GOP sends us to war, you are hands down the most war hawkish individual I've ever personally talked to.

Edited by Thanatos

Then lay it out. And please get off your damn high horse and quit acting like you're the be-all end-all on military matters and no one else knows what soldiers have to deal with. 0. All of us know military people, some more than others. Your argument was that the Dems were responsible for our soldiers being in the field with less than adequate gear. Money is the first thing that comes to mind. I happen to think it is the money, just not the amount of money. It's not being spent correctly. But both parties are guilty of that.

Why? What type of response are you envisioning here? A ground invasion? We'd be fools to do that. We could bomb them to hell and back with wh2at we already have on the ocean.

There's nothing remotely resembling "oh my feels" in that quote. No idea where you're getting that from. I'm literally just asking whether or not China is a threat. You stated that they are no threat, that we could kick their asses, rah rah, etc. Then stated that if we wait for NK to strike first, there's no telling what China will do. Well, if we can just kick their asses six ways from Sunday, who gives a shit what China will do?

Oftentimes it is won or lost on the appearance of morals, yes. If you don't think countries pander around to try to act like they have the high ground, you really haven't been paying attention at any point in history class.

You also completely missed my point. I was simply going down a list. China attacking us after NK bombs us is stupid because

1) No moral ground to stand on so no one else is going to stand with them.

2) Their economy, (and ours) will be destroyed because of the way we're linked.

3) They would lose any straight up military fight.

So why on earth would China side with NK? There are no upsides to it. The moral thing was just one aspect of it.

So no one else is worth a fight. So then why don't we just bomb everyone else to hell just to be sure that no one can ever hurt us, eh? And who cares if they don't back us? We can just beat everyone anyway, since we're the US and we're the best, right?

Better Red than Dead mentality? The French and the Muslims would rather be commies than be dead? This is completely unsupported by any evidence and also entirely irrelevant to this conversation because NK/China isn't going to be taking over France or "the Muslims" anytime soon. So I really don't get how that statement is at all relevant to the discussion.

For a person who claims to be upset that the GOP sends us to war, you are hands down the most war hawkish individual I've ever personally talked to.

That sure makes you an expert lol. I know someone who knows someone. I am no end all be all, but I know more than you. You are such a hypocrite.

You missed the point with "Better red than dead" thing, and I am no going to explain it to you again if you have not caught it by now.

Lol,"you are hands down the most war hawkish individual I've ever personally talked to." Dont flatter yourself, you have never personally talked to me.

Edited by Omerta

Nice.

A very well thought out and intelligent response to the points I made.

And then the classic, "If you can't understand what I'm saying, I'm not going to bother explaining it to you."

Just checking all the boxes today!

Nice.

And then the classic, "If you can't understand what I'm saying, I'm not going to bother explaining it to you."

Nice.

Man, that was an easy response. It's not my fault you don't get it.

Edited by Omerta

Wow, now you're literally repeating words back like a five year old.

It's always funny to see when people can no longer defend their positions and know they can't defend them, how exactly they handle that.

Edited by Thanatos

Wow, now you're literally repeating words back like a five year old.

It's always funny to see when people can no longer defend their positions and know they can't defend them, how exactly they handle that.

Oh don't give yourself that much credit. I have this habit of when you start acting like you do being a hypocritical dick, I respond in kind. If you werent hypocritical, and an egomaniacal dick, we could get somewhere. With you though, not likely. You're ego wont allow you to be wrong, so you become a hypocrite.

So I literally respond to hurt your fragile sensibilities, that way I can watch you whine and stroke ego in your reply. It is a hobby.

Edited by Omerta

Sure, bud. Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night. Glad you admit you're just being a troll now.

Fact remains I was still discussing with you when you decided to refuse to explain a statement I honestly do not understand in order to continue discussion, while ignoring all salient points in the post. Instead, you bring up a strawman argument and put words in my mouth in the very first sentence. Never claimed to be an expert, just saying you don't have a monopoly on military things, especially not in regards to a hypothetical situation over North Korea. You being in the military has basically no bearing on it.

Just calling it like I see it.

If you really think you can hurt me with words over the internet- and are intentionally trying to do so- I pity you. But you're welcome to keep trying. I was just here for an interesting discussion, if you're just going to be a troll now I can leave you to it.

• Upvote 1

Sure, bud. Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night. Glad you admit you're just being a troll now.

Fact remains I was still discussing with you when you decided to refuse to explain a statement I honestly do not understand in order to continue discussion, while ignoring all salient points in the post. Instead, you bring up a strawman argument and put words in my mouth in the very first sentence. Never claimed to be an expert, just saying you don't have a monopoly on military things, especially not in regards to a hypothetical situation over North Korea. You being in the military has basically no bearing on it.

Just calling it like I see it.

If you really think you can hurt me with words over the internet- and are intentionally trying to do so- I pity you. But you're welcome to keep trying. I was just here for an interesting discussion, if you're just going to be a troll now I can leave you to it.

But by your own logic I am the authority lol. That is why you are a hypocritical douche lol. You are never here for discussion, dudes like you need your ego stroked so you can validate things in your life. Nobody has ever stood up to you which is why you think you get to change the rules to suit your narrative. When you come up with something that is salient, I will answer it.

I answer Blots all the time, I could not really explain to you how much we are different, but at least he is consistent. You are just a hypocrite and trolling you is so easy, because of your desperate need to be right. IT is sad, but entertaining.

Nope. Once again you demonstrate that you are unable to grasp more than a simple black and white concept of what blots and I were trying to tell you.

Not everything is that simple in this world.

Nope. Once again you demonstrate that you are unable to grasp more than a simple black and white concept of what blots and I were trying to tell you.

Not everything is that simple in this world.

Oh see I got it, I just disagree lol.

And come one, you're that simple.

Alright, Phil. Whatever you want to say, man. I'm done.

Maybe the two problems can solve each other.

Let the angry white guys go kill some North Koreans and maybe they'll come home ready to cool off. :p

• Upvote 1

Give a bonus incentive for any neo-Nazis to join a special strike force to take out the North Korean threat! I like it.

Give a bonus incentive for any neo-Nazis to join a special strike force to take out the North Korean threat! I like it.

Their incentive could be an excuse to kill minorities.