Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

He isn't necessarily wrong. Don't get me wrong, though. I think it should have come earlier and he made it sound like he was only saying it for politics reasons which isn't obviously good.

There is nothing he could have said nor could he have said it fast enough to satisfy people.

Obama didn't come out and denounce racism right away when a black sniper shot and killed 5 white police officers -- explicitly saying he was inspired by BLM and his hatred for white people.

Not many people really gave a shot though because obviously all leftists are cold blooded racists filled with hatred.

(Sarcasm)

Edited by Olenna4Ever

He isn't necessarily wrong. Don't get me wrong, though. I think it should have come earlier and he made it sound like he was only saying it for politics reasons which isn't obviously good.

There is nothing he could have said nor could he have said it fast enough to satisfy people.

Obama didn't come out and denounce racism right away when a black sniper shot and killed 5 white police officers -- explicitly saying he was inspired by BLM and his hatred for white people.

Not many people really gave a shot though because obviously all leftists are cold blooded racists filled with hatred.

(Sarcasm)

Obama's statement took longer to be made because the shooting happened at night, so he addressed it in the morning.

And while he doesn't call out black on white racism explicitly, he did make it clear that that wasn't the answer to BLM's grievances.

I will have more to say about this as the facts become more clear. For now, let me just say that even as yesterday I spoke about our need to be concerned, as all Americans, about racial disparities in our criminal justice system, I also said yesterday that our police have an extraordinarily difficult job and the vast majority of them do their job in outstanding fashion.

He made it clear, killing cops is wrong, and never justifiable (harsher than I'd say, but that doesn't help your point).

Meanwhile, Trump made an incredibly half-assed statement 5 hours after it happened, despite it being the daytime, in which he blamed "both sides" for what happened. Then he was silent until today, 2 days later, when he condemned the nazis with the same vigor a 5 year old has when his parents force him to apologize. People wouldn't have given him a ton of credit for a strong condemnation, but that's because condemning murderous nazis is literally the easiest political stance you can take. He couldn't even do that.

Then, on the same day you make your little complaint, he goes after the media like they're the real enemy. Favre, you're not dumb. Which do you think bothers Trump more, the media insulting him, or literal nazis killing Americans on American soil? That's why this is so disgusting. Its more confirmation of what we know. Trump might not be a nazi, but he sure doesn't have a problem with them. Of course, that's unsurprising since he literally has nazis working for him.

I think you are just making excuses for Obama.

Even after he had time... At the police officers FUNERALS.. he made a speech about how we aren't divided. He also made it extremely political, talking about under-investing in schools, how we need gun control, etc etc.

Like fuck you and your political-ness at this point in time. Show a little remorse or respect.

He did originally tweet about praying for the families of those lost, so that's great.. But to politicize their funerals. To stand on their graves like he did disgusts me.

Trump on the other hand tweeted

We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one!

And of course had his comments today.. Which almost equally disgust me and for almost the same reasons. It shouldn't have to take two days to denounce racism or the KKK. And then when you make the comments and basically scoff at the notion or seem annoyed that you had to say something like that... Please. You're disgusting too.

Both Presidents handled those two events almost exactly the same way... Yet Obama gets a pass because it's night time... No.

Racism is bad. I don't care if you are white, black, yellow, orange, or purple. Those acts need to be denounced. If you fail to do that, you need to take a look in the mirror. We shouldn't be making excuses at the failures of our highest office (or for our fellow humans) just because we agree with them politically.

Wrong is wrong.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Ok, well it just seems like no matter how hard he tries, trump somehow keeps ending up associating himself with racists.

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/897300363530850305

Oh, and lookie here again. A police chief who flat-out refused to stop racial profiling despite many court orders. Trump's gonna let him off the hook. Oh also, this guy was a birther.

Garsh he's just identical to Obama isn't he.

Ok, well it just seems like no matter how hard he tries, trump somehow keeps ending up associating himself with racists.

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/897300363530850305

Oh, and lookie here again. A police chief who flat-out refused to stop racial profiling despite many court orders. Trump's gonna let him off the hook. Oh also, this guy was a birther.

Garsh he's just identical to Obama isn't he.

That's not what I said and you know it. We were talking about two specific examples. I pointed out the direct correlations between them. Instead of countering or even remaining on topic-- you instead derail the conversation to Trump and Obama aren't identical because Trump associates with racists.

What in the actual fuck. How does that even happen? How does a conversation jump so unpredictably from one topic to another while one person still haphazardly believes he's talking about the same thing.

Bush and Obama really expanded executive power during their administrations. Then the keys got handed over to Donald Trump. A big part of me is really enjoying this back firing in their faces. The scrutiny that Trump brings this office is a good thing.

• Upvote 2

Bush and Obama really expanded executive power during their administrations. Then the keys got handed over to Donald Trump. A big part of me is really enjoying this back firing in their faces. The scrutiny that Trump brings this office is a good thing.

Ok but at the same time it is ludicrous that people are bitching that it took him 5 hours to respond to the event, like he doesn't have other things to do/going on.

Ok but at the same time it is ludicrous that people are bitching that it took him 5 hours to respond to the event, like he doesn't have other things to do/going on.

He was golfing.

He was golfing.

And in your example, Obama was sleeping.

And in your example, Obama was sleeping.

So was everyone. That's why they waited until the country was awake. It's also not like they immediately knew the situations of everything. Trump is the guy that likes to make up unconfirmed bullshit about terrorist attacks (when it looks like it's a Muslim).

Regardless, the five hour delay isn't the real issue. The issue is thee fact that after his delay, he called out "both sides" of the issue and only bothered to say that Nazis were bad after being forced to two days after the fact. And he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because again, he literally has Nazis working for him.

So was everyone. That's why they waited until the country was awake. It's also not like they immediately knew the situations of everything. Trump is the guy that likes to make up unconfirmed bullshit about terrorist attacks (when it looks like it's a Muslim).

Regardless, the five hour delay isn't the real issue. The issue is thee fact that after his delay, he called out "both sides" of the issue and only bothered to say that Nazis were bad after being forced to two days after the fact. And he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because again, he literally has Nazis working for him.

The police chief said both sides were combative . Probably where Trump got that from.

The police chief said both sides were combative . Probably where Trump got that from.

You really like twisting logic to find a way this has nothing to do with the way trump has a consistent history of cozying up to nazis

My "trump likes the nazis" take seems to have aged well.

You really like twisting logic to find a way this has nothing to do with the way trump has a consistent history of cozying up to nazis

Facts and twisting logic are the same thing now, apparently. Lmao

The police chief literally said "mutually combative individuals".

Facts and twisting logic are the same thing now, apparently. Lmao

The police chief literally said "mutually combative individuals".

Ok. Did you see his comments today?

Ok. Did you see his comments today?

Is t relevant or are you changing topics ?

Are you gonna share or just keep us in suspense ?

Well, if you want the transcript, here you go.

Highlights include:

Defending the rally the night before, where the neo-nazis carried torches, did the seig-heil, and literally shouted nazi chants.

Said that the counterprotesters were the reason violence happened because they didn't have a permit.

And when the reporters basically asked him if the nazis were worse than other people, he wouldn't answer. That is such a softball thing to say, and he just won't. It's pretty obvious why he wont, but there it is.

And the relation to blaming Trump is what exactly? Make the connection for me.

EDIT
And weren't counter protestors the non-racists? The original protestors where the racists from what I read..> So, the not racists incited the fighting is what you are saying? I could be wrong though, please correct me.

Edit II:

Yeah, according to this website (which may be wrong, idk).. The original reason anyone was there at all was a "Unite the Right" rally because people were pissed off that they were going to remove the Robert E. Lee statue...

So by your own comments, the violence was started by the non-Nazi's, Non-Racists, etc. I don't see how that helps you or your point of view.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

So by your own comments, the violence was started by the non-Nazi's, Non-Racists, etc. I don't see how that helps you or your point of view.

That was in the section where I was talking about highlights of what trump said.

That was in the section where I was talking about highlights of what trump said.

I thought we were talking about the police chief? Lol

Is he incorrect?