Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I'm not nearly as liberal as you think. America is just so damn conservative.

Blots has jokes.

Brother, google what is considered "left wing" over in Europe.

The US is definitely very conservative though. Way, way more than Europe. Remember how much of this country is rural. The US is pretty massive and not very densely populated. It's kind of interesting though on the flip side because issue by issue the US is actually much more liberal than they vote. The only reason Republicans have dominated the elections for the past few years is because there is no liberal party in the US...I mean, we have the Green Party I guess lol.

Republicans get shit done and fight for things done and Democrats play the role of fake resistance. The liberal ideas that the public wants are not on their agenda because their donors don't want it.

• Upvote 1

Brother, google what is considered "left wing" over in Europe.

We're not in Europe brother.

Hence my saying that the US is an incredibly conservative country, and that I'm only "super-liberal" if you go by the absurd standards of America.

In truth Europe as a whole isn't that liberal. Maybe 5 or 6 uber liberal countries and that's it.there are only a handful of countries more liberal than America.

In truth Europe as a whole isn't that liberal. Maybe 5 or 6 uber liberal countries and that's it.there are only a handful of countries more liberal than America.

We're the only western country without universal health care.

We're the only western country without universal health care.

Is that the singular qualifier for not being conservative ? I though there would be more to it.

Edited by Omerta

Europe is also FAR more pro Union, which...unless you have 7 figures in your bank account, you should be too lol. At least I know for a fact Ngata is haha.

• Upvote 1

There aren't many factual statements in politics, but, unions are the only way for people to get paid what they're worth.

Oh btw they're trying to gut healthcare again. They're trying to bribe murkowski by basically saying Alaska gets to keep Obamacare. What a bill this is.

You act as if that's not how politics works in this country. Obama and his time bribed half the country to get it passed to begin with as I documented for you in earlier posts

Yeah but the bribe isn't usually "this bill just doesn't exist for your state."

Finally another Republican denounces it publicly . Following in Rands footsteps is almost always wise

lol Rand only dislikes this bill because it doesn't hurt enough people. If he's the deciding vote I think he'll flip, just like last time.

You sound like Trump more and more every day.

You sound like Trump more and more every day.

Normally I'd be insulted, but I know coming from you that's a compliment.

What did I say that was wrong? Rand Paul dislikes this bill because it doesn't cut benefits enough for his tastes. He also flipped the last time they tried to get rid of Obamacare.

Of course not. As I've said before, Rand Paul is a useful idiot and I appreciate what he's doing this very second. However, I don't give him credit for being a good person or anything since he opposes this bill for the worst reasons possible.

Republicans benefit way more by keeping the core of Obamacare in place, than by doing what rand wants. Screwing people over is what they do.

Rand's health care bill, at least the one I read that he released early this year is much better than this. In my opinion anyway.

What we need is to either go to single payer or go to free markets. Either one would hopefully drive prices down immensely. That's the plan, anyway. Forcing everyone to pay for overpriced coverage isn't REALLY doing them that many favors. Drop the price of coverages in this country and you will see a lot larger of a benefit.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Hold up, Favre why did you ask me this to try to get me to support Rand Paul or pretend that he isn't an idiot or whatever?

Do you want this bill to pass?

When you also posted this.

That should scare you.

It's a prime example of the ends justifying the means. Or so it seems. I don't know what exactly is in this stricter border security, but I am sure it isn't that bad. Even Canada, who relatively recently called on all immigrants to move there, has been deporting illegals because it's crushing their local economies. Weak borders just don't work.

So do the ends justify the means or don't they? It sure seems like you're arguing inconsistent viewpoints in order to simply disagree with me in every situation. That can't be correct though.

If Obamacare was financially feasible for normal Americans for the foreseeable future, it wouldn't need to be repealed and replaced. But it isn't, so it does. It's up to Republicans in Congress to come up with something that's tenable in regard to a calm conscience with each individual that votes. So far they have failed in that regard. I hope they keep trying to come up with alternatives.

I think we can safely assume the quality of each bill before it's released based on the look on Mitch McConnell's face. So far his face has only implied, "oh boy oh boy oh boy, we'll get to screw over so many people if this passes!"--so, they need to come up with something, and we need to be looking for something that allows McConnell to contain his horrendously evil excitement

In ok with repealing it or keeping it. I M extremely lukewarm about it because it has some good things and some dumb shit. I am not sure universal healthcare is the best thing, but its better than what we have.