Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Jets to move on from Eric Decker

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jets have informed Eric Decker he will be traded or released by the end of the week.

The Jets see the tanking 2016 Browns' 1-15 and hope to raise it to 0-16. This is a scorched-earth rebuild, one where as many parts as possible are being stripped away in hopes of getting younger, cheaper and better draft picks. Typically, when a player's release becomes preordained, they become impossible to trade, but there's a chance a Decker trade market develops. Now 30, Decker is one of the league's premier touchdown scorers when healthy. He's due $14.75 million over the next two seasons.

:Ravens:

Ozzie will get someone.

David Harris is also on the way out.

So, is tanking in the NFL a real thing now?

So, is tanking in the NFL a real thing now?

I guess they're tanking for Darnold and/or Rosen. Would be hilarious if they both decide to stay in college another season just to avoid going to the Jets or Browns. :laugh:

Imagine both of them Pulling an Eli and refusing to play somewhere.

Just speaking personally, I think I could get behind being drafted by the Browns right now. But the Jets? Absolutely no thank you. I'd want to stay away from that mess at all costs.

• Upvote 1

Cutting Decker isn't a tank move imo. It's a financial move. He played 3 games last year and just turned 30. The Jets probably didn't want to pay they guy. As far as David Harris goes he's 33 years old and very replaceable. Lets not get carried away here guys. They're not the Bears lol.