Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Sexual Misconduct: Guilty Until Proven Innocent; Personally Ruined Even if Proven Innocent

All I know is that Mike Tyson was innocent.

Well I'm glad someone has numbers. I was just ballparking my estimate based on how shitty I thought people were. In any case, the presumption that you have to fight for your innocence is just a product of the world we live in. As an observer, you should not pass judgment until all the facts are laid out and in the open, and give the accused the benefit of the doubt. As the accused, you should fight to make sure your case is air tight and leave no room for anyone to doubt your character. It may not be a thing you have to do in a perfect society, but we clearly don't live in one of those.

I don't know who I think is innocent or who I think is guilty. I don't think we should jump to conclusions in either direction, though, which is the point of this discussion. We need to teach men how to treat women, but we also need to teach future generations how to treat the accused. We've got a lot of work to do as a society. Can you imagine being accused of some kind of sexual misconduct right now? How would it affect you?

The right to a fair and speedy trial is a constitutional right. Nobody should be denied habeas corpus under any circumstance. I do think you can have an opinion on the sexual harassment/abuse cases though and I do think that in some cases they should be reported on. I always ask people if they think OJ Simpson was guilty and invariably they have an opinion. If that's ok then this is ok too. It's when people don't look at the facts and separate one case from another when we start to run into problems imo.

I don't think you can blame the media for the guilty before proven innocent stuff...they usually say accused or something in their title. It is people/social media that go the extra mile and assume they did it before anything really comes out.

Honestly I think that is what scares me the most. Obama and his dumb ass campus rape policy that catered to the bullshit 1 in 3 statistic has cost a lot of men their futures. Obama basically said the accusation alone will get you kicked off campus, and thrown out of school. It shows a complete lack of due process which we are all entitled too. What scares me is because of all these crybully bitches we are having fundamental constitutional rights violated to appease a mob. Once the president started being a party to all this dumbassery it was the beginning of the end for due process for men.

The funny part is now men are getting the last laugh because they are suing the schools that did it...and they are winning. These guys have basically said show me the evidence, and show me where I was granted my constitutional right, and now its the schools who are having to bend over and bite the pillow. The problem is that it has happened to begin with. I used to have women from the front office that I would invite to bars with the guys, but now I dont. I give them cash or a company card to have a girls night out on the company, but the coed things have stopped because I dont need a lawsuit. None of the guys are those kinds of guys but I dont need drunken words sinking my company.

I just wish we were more pragmatic about it, and not everything was subject to someones feelings on that particular day. If a guy says,"I can smell your cunt" tell HR and get his ass gone. If a guy says,"You look nice to day" take the compliment and keep it moving. I think due process is a right that should not be infringed upon no matter how many crybullies march.

So there's yet to be a single case of false accusations and you're worried it's a widespread problem?

There has been cases though. Bens second one, Brian Banks, Mark Weiner, Kojo Bonsu, Treva Throneberry, Jemma Beale. I mean there are actually quite a few. A long way from a majority granted, but it does happen.

You want obvious innocence? Look into the deals of the recent case against an Oklahoma RB.

Edited by BwareDWare94