Aussie Falcons Fan

What are you reading???

The Hobbit. Not really sure how I managed to never read it before now. It is on my daughter's summer reading list, so I figured I would read it before she does and I will be able to discuss it with her and help with her project.

Part of Sartre's Being and Nothingness.

A Feast For Crows. Despite people saying it's awful, I find my self enjoying the book a lot, even if there is none of the awesome POV characters in it.

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm about to start reading The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I found the Collected Works of F. Scott Fitzgerald for $10 and couldn't pass it up. I'm excited.

I'm about to start reading The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I found the Collected Works of F. Scott Fitzgerald for $10 and couldn't pass it up. I'm excited.

Fitzgerald is a great writer. Most people just know him for The Star Spangled Banner, which is kind of sad.

I am finishing The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett, and will move into its sequel Desert Spear, likely this weekend.

:clap:

Fitzgerald is a great writer. Most people just know him for The Star Spangled Banner, which is kind of sad.

Wait. You know he wasn't the one who wrote the Star Spangled Banner, right?

Lot of Florida people on here it seems check out Carl Hiaasen's Stormy Weather. Pretty damn good.

Into the Wild. We're reading it through school, but it's a hell of a book. It really makes you think and question some things about people and society. It's around 250, so it's not a tough read. Look it up.

Just finished reading all of Edgar Allen Poe's short stories... The Tell-Tale heart, The Fall of The House of Usher, Ligeia, The Cask of Amontillado, The Black Cat etc...

I'm moving on to Nathaniel Hawthorne's stories next. After that, I'll probably hit up some Thoreau, then maybe Walt Whitman. I've already read a lot of this stuff, but I'm going back over it again.

Reading Phaedo for Philosophy class.

I'm reading the narrative of Frederick Douglass. Amazing.

I just read Thoreau's Walden for the first time... what a book...

Just started reading E. E. Knight's Dragon Champion. I did not know anything about it when I picked it off of my brother's bookshelf, it seems like it may actually be a book for young adults.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy. One of the best books I've ever read. If you guys are looking for a good read then definitely take the time to go read this book. :yep:

Edited by Patriots2994

This thread. Loljk, but really, Don Quixote for English class

I just read Herman Melville's "Moby Dick." :clap:

I just read Herman Melville's "Moby Dick." :clap:

Melville is a fucking CHORE to read.

I am reading Cross by James Patterson, in a continuing effort to read all 90 or whatever of his books. Though he puts them out like mad, so that may wind up being impossible.

Re-reading The Great Gatsby for the 99th time. Still the greatest novel I've ever read, 98 reads later.

• Upvote 1

Black Like Me for a Sociology assignment. It's actually a really good book, especially for a university related read. I suggest that everyone read it.

Melville is a fucking CHORE to read.

I am reading Cross by James Patterson, in a continuing effort to read all 90 or whatever of his books. Though he puts them out like mad, so that may wind up being impossible.

Indeed. I was so spun around by his language at some points that I had no idea why what I was reading was relevent to the rest of the story. lol

Meditations on First Philosophy by Descartes

• Upvote 1

Deception Point By Dan Brown.

Nice to read something from him that (so far) has nothing to do with religious conspiracies and all that shit.