Aussie Falcons Fan

What are you reading???

Now that summer is back and I am working at the beach again, I like to read during my breaks. Right now I am reading "Flags of Our Fathers.".

Edited by WindyCitySports

Dance of Death by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. I have loved almost every book these two men have collaborated to write.

The Prince - Niccolo Machiavelli

• Upvote 1

just finished The Long Walk by Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman. Awesome book. Read it.

Now I'm working on a collection of horror tales as well as my usual summer read-through of the Harry Potter series. On book 1. It's how I get through working so much. I read that in my downtime to make sure I can keep working like crazy.

Just finished The Ender series by Orson Scott Card. Loved it. Ender's Game blew my mind. The "Bean" books were solid as well. If you like Sci Fi, read Ender's Game.

Also just finished Soft Apocalypse by Will McIntosh. Pretty damn interesting, and kinda horrifying.

Currently reading Every Demon Has His Day by Cara Lockwood. It's fluff but it passes the time.

Edited by GA_Eagle

Everything Matters! Ron Currie Jr. The basic premise is what would you do if you knew from the time you were an embryo that the world would end when you were 36 years old and no one else does. Its pretty awesome.

Toys. James Patterson. I love the way he writes, he keeps the pacing perfect so that one can read his books in no more than three days.

Just started The Nine by Jeffery Toobin. I have to read it for school, and Im not liking it. Too boring. I always seem to find school summer reading books boring. I'll give it a few more days before I SparkNotes the crap out of it.

Cemetery Dance. By Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child

Usually I just read biographies but occasionally a fiction.

I just got done reading a bio on civil war general William T. Sherman. It's just called Sherman. Very well written and researched. Just starting another bio: Hells Angels: The Life and Times of Ralph "Sonny" Barger and the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club written by Sonny Barger and the Zimmerman brothers. Some very interesting stories. Believe me, I am good friends with some members around here and these guys are nothing like what the media and everyone else makes them out to be. Very good read so far.

Started Nine by Jeffery Toobin. Put it down and have barely touched it since. Looks bad, but I have to read it for school. Maybe I'll SparkNotes it and move on to a book I actually want to read.

The Reality Dysfuntion by Peter F. Hamilton. Its the first part of the Night's Dawn Trilogy. It's a roughly 4000 page space opera. So far its bad ass.

My goal by the end of the year is to fill half of my bookcase. It's looking bare so it's time to read.

"This Is A Book" by Demetri Martin is what's in my pool bag right now. His short stories are hilarious.

Guest Durant4MVP

Currently reading Academically Adrift: Limited Learning on College Campuses.

Re-reading the A Song of Ice & Fire series. Just started A Clash of Kings.

An Innocent Man by John Grisham. Read it once before, but didn't realize it. I am on a major "true crime" kick as of late.

An Innocent Man by John Grisham. Read it once before, but didn't realize it. I am on a major "true crime" kick as of late.

Read this a couple years ago. What a great book.

Re-reading the A Song of Ice & Fire series. Just started A Clash of Kings.

I'm going to download the ebook on my phone and start reading A Game of Thrones.

Phoenix Rising. by William Johnstone.

I love the plot, but the book seems to have been written by a teenager. NOT a good thing.

Gonna read that new ESPN insider book this weekend.

Black like me. great book.