GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Episode 1 is still my favorite

What

• Upvote 2

Just saw TFA... Didn't live up to the hype at all. 5.5/10

Edited by Spartan Havoc
  • Downvote 2

Lived up to the hype and then some, actually. But its ok, Sparty, you can be one of the 10 people that didn't like it. :p

• Upvote 1

What

I think this conversation has been had before on the other thread. Lol.

Like I said before, for a multitude of reasons, I hated Jar Jar Binks. Even more so now that ive grown up. But past that if you ask me which one I wanna watch, 10/10 its episode 1. I've seen/read all the complaints against it and pretty much disagree with all of them.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I think this conversation has been had before on the other thread. Lol.

Like I said before, for a multitude of reasons, I hated Jar Jar Binks. Even more so now that ive grown up. But past that if you ask me which one I wanna watch, 10/10 its episode 1. I've seen/read all the complaints against it and pretty much disagree with all of them.

Episode 1 is far and away my favorite of the prequels. Easily. No question.
1. Hayden Christiansen isn't in it.
2. Pod-racing is cool.
3. Darth Maul
4. Best light saber fight in the series.
5. Jar Jar is supposed to be a doofus you're annoyed by. Mission accomplished.
6. Unless Jar Jar is a Sith Lord in hiding, then that makes the other two movies even worse.
Now, if you're saying you like 1 better than 4, 5 , or 6, I don't agree with you.
The Force Awakens - 10/10 - I'm easy with ratings but this is an easy 10 for me. They don't make movie spectacles like this anymore, at least not many of them.
Ridiculous 6 - 7/10 - It was goofy, I laughed a lot. Crazy castings.
Edited by theMileHighGuy
  • Upvote 1

Simon Pegg "didn't love" the first Star Trek Beyond trailer released earlier this week.

The 45-year-old actor - who co-wrote and stars in the third film in the rebooted series - doesn't feel the promo video does the film any justice and has urged Star Trek fans to be patient because there is a lot more to the movie that isn't showcased in the trailer.

That... makes me... feel.... better.... ???

Sicario - 9.5/10 - I would prolly give it a 10 if I didn't just give Star Wars a 10... didn't enjoy it quite as much but it's a damn good movie. Saw it in theatres when it came out, too.

Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse - 7/10 - Kinda dumb, but I really liked the cast and it had some good moments. If you're a fan of Workaholics the opening sequence is amazing. Lots of good music in this one throughout.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: 7.5/10

While Episode 1 is not my favorite....don't worry DMAC I GOT YOUR BACK! I like the prequels. Don't be ashamed. :nope:

My full review: http://tobtr.com/s/8169853

• Upvote 1

I loved The Force Awakens. I thought that Adam Driver was great as Kylo Ren. 9/10, I fully intend on seeing it multiple times. The only thing that detracted from it, IMO, was a very confusing political atmosphere. Other than that, I loved this movie.

Edited by OSUViking

Creed - 7/10 - Better than I expected. There's a lot more too it than I expected, too. Still, it gets a little cheesy and is obviously predictable. Really liked the way the fights were shot.

The Hateful 8 - 7/10 - The first half of this movie is brilliant. It's dialog driven and outstanding... great music and it's well shot. Then cus it's Tarantino it gets off the rails and gets weird for a while. It mostly comes back together in the end. Tarantino is still a great storyteller if anything.

The Revenant - 9/10 - I dunno if Leo will get an Oscar for this one or not, but it was definitely a great performance (There just wasn't a lot of dialogue). Not really at all what I expected from this movie from the trailer. One of my favorite Tom Hardy characters to date. It runs pretty long and sometimes drags, but overall not too badly.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Creed - 7/10 - Better than I expected. There's a lot more too it than I expected, too. Still, it gets a little cheesy and is obviously predictable. Really liked the way the fights were shot.

The Hateful 8 - 7/10 - The first half of this movie is brilliant. It's dialog driven and outstanding... great music and it's well shot. Then cus it's Tarantino it gets off the rails and gets weird for a while. It mostly comes back together in the end. Tarantino is still a great storyteller if anything.

The Revenant - 9/10 - I dunno if Leo will get an Oscar for this one or not, but it was definitely a great performance (There just wasn't a lot of dialogue). Not really at all what I expected from this movie from the trailer. One of my favorite Tom Hardy characters to date. It runs pretty long and sometimes drags, but overall not too badly.

This list of movies you saw got me like 55298158.jpg

This list of movies you saw got me like 55298158.jpg

They're all online. Every awards season someone leaks the films, and I hope they never get caught. :smug:

A Very Brady Christmas :badass:

Creed: 6.5/10

Really ended up being the movie I thought it was before the Oscar hype. The performances are fine, but pretty much most of the stuff that happens outside of the dialogue is the draw to this movie. Would have jumped a full point if the final fight was shot like the second fight. The style was just so innovative and captivating that its a real shame Coogler didn't use that again for the last fight. I really didn't feel all the Rocky nostalgia that everyone was talking about.....granted I'm not the biggest viewer of Rocky....however it felt more like a Philly style overall and not just the character. Plenty of problems with the plot, but overall very well shot, good pace, and great action.

Plenty of problems with the plot, but overall very well shot, good pace, and great action.

How so? It seemed very straightforward to me.

How so? It seemed very straightforward to me.

Don't want to get into spoilers, but basically I felt most things came a little too easy for Adonis and then your classic montage could not really justify his ascension in skill given who his opponent was.

Can I get some Christmas movie suggestions? Even if you think I've seen it, just list it anyway.

Never seen classics like Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story.

I usually watch Home Alone & The Santa Clause lol. I'd like to check out more. 

Re post :shifty:

Elf is a good one, oochy thanks as well

Try Christmas with the Kranks :yep:

Try Christmas with the Kranks :yep:

Enjoy that one very much actually.

The YEar Without a Santa Clause is one of my favorites

And don't forget Die Hard