Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Game of Thrones Final Season **SPOILER WARNING**

Not sure why there is no topic here,  you guys disappoint.

MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE FIRST TWO EPISODES

I SAID MAJOR SPOILERS.

AND I'm using a spoiler tag, you have no excuses:

My theory, which is apparently not just mine, huge topic on reddit atm, is that the Night King is not going to Winterfell. He's going to King's Landing to destroy the city and take the huge population of KL for his army. KL being a million souls + has been said many times in the show for what reason we know not.

Anyhow, let's get some fucking discussion here! I need some people to talk to!

Major Spoilers:

No major characters are gonna get wight'd or die in the next episode.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RazorStar said:

Major Spoilers:

No major characters are gonna get wight'd or die in the next episode.

You might be right.  But I’d be surprised if we don’t get death. Episode 2 felt like a good bye for many. There also seems like a few... “throwaways” out there ready to die. And even if they aren’t the most “major” characters, I still think they will be missed. 

Brienne, Grayworm and Jorah are all toast. I wish they had more time to wrap the show up. The last two seasons have been enjoyable because of the acting and you love the characters and the CGi has been off the chain but the last two seasons just don't have the same depth. Part of it is that the show runners are so inferior to Martin as writers that it's not even funny but also just the constraints of showbiz. I'm gonna watch anyway of course but it would have ended so much better in just even 1 more season. It sucks to see GOT turn into Avengers. I like all that stuff as much as the next guy but GOT was always different and special and smart instead of just fun. 

Also, saw this on YouTube but it would make an awful lot of sense for the Iron Bank to turn on Cersei. She gave them all the money the crown owed...which is incredibly dumb. What's to stop them from betting on the winning side? Far as they know they're going up against a much bigger army with 3 dragons and the Golden Company sent only 2 thousand men? She should have paid half so that the bank had to ensure she would win because a new person on the throne isn't likely to pay back somebody that went to war against them. 

Lots of people think the Night King is en route to King's Landing to frag Cersei

4 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Brienne, Grayworm and Jorah are all toast. I wish they had more time to wrap the show up. The last two seasons have been enjoyable because of the acting and you love the characters and the CGi has been off the chain but the last two seasons just don't have the same depth. Part of it is that the show runners are so inferior to Martin as writers that it's not even funny but also just the constraints of showbiz. I'm gonna watch anyway of course but it would have ended so much better in just even 1 more season. It sucks to see GOT turn into Avengers. I like all that stuff as much as the next guy but GOT was always different and special and smart instead of just fun. 

Also, saw this on YouTube but it would make an awful lot of sense for the Iron Bank to turn on Cersei. She gave them all the money the crown owed...which is incredibly dumb. What's to stop them from betting on the winning side? Far as they know they're going up against a much bigger army with 3 dragons and the Golden Company sent only 2 thousand men? She should have paid half so that the bank had to ensure she would win because a new person on the throne isn't likely to pay back somebody that went to war against them. 

The Golden Company sent twenty thousand men, not two thousand. They far outnumber the combined Starks/Targaryens army, which is going to be further diminished by fighting the Night King.

Cersei is playing for it all here, she's trying to let her two enemies kill each other. Only issue is, as Bjorn alluded to, I don't think the NK is at Winterfell. I think he is heading for King's Landing. And Bronn is going to see it on his way south, that's why they sent him off there.

Edited by Thanatos

I’d like to see Brienne survive. She’s just so incredibly fantastic. The scenes with her were just phenomenal. 

Theon, Gendry,  Pod, Thormund, Beric, and Davos on top of the two Sean mentioned seem to be on the chopping block to me. 

Jamie survives long enough to go back to kings landing and be crushed like a grape by zombie mountain who the hound comes in and kills.

Who gets to kill Cersei at this point .... so many people have a reason. Lol 

Jaime is going to kill Cersei because Jaime is the prince who was promised, and according to the witch Cersei met, her "valonqar"- literally the second sibling- is the one who kills her. 

That always seemed too literally to me. Not saying that’s wrong, because it’s probably going down that way. But I wouldn’t mind a bit of a twist on it. 

Jamie has had his chance tho, what is going to push him over the edge? Death of Tyrion or Brienne from Cersei’s direct order ? 

@Thanatosi must have misheard what the guy said when talking to Cersei but is 20,000 really enough to outnumber the Dothraki, unsullied and northern army? Seems like Danny's Calisar by itself is more than 20,000 strong. It's pretty much the same size if not bigger than Drogo's was or at least that's what I would think.

Naw, its not even close. They lost a lot of people during the fights over there, and Drogo did not have nearly that many men. Drogo had 2-3k. Plus Cersei also has the rest of the Lannister army.

I don't think Gendry dies, last of the Baratheon line. I think it makes sense for him to survive and be king of one of the kingdoms in the end.

12 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Naw, its not even close. They lost a lot of people during the fights over there, and Drogo did not have nearly that many men. Drogo had 2-3k. Plus Cersei also has the rest of the Lannister army.

Are you sure about Drogo's Calisar? I guess when I think back it makes sense but I also remember he was the baddest Dothraki and had the biggest Calisar ever. Idk, I guess it wouldn't really serve much of a purpose to have Cersei have a smaller force lol. 

Honestly though, who tries to fight Dragons without themselves actually having one Dragon? Like how many people have ever killed a dragon without having one? Bronn managed to hurt Drogon but Drogon definitely ass raped the Lannisters.

Been a solid but slightly underwhelming start to the season so far. Obviously next week is gonna be insane.

My general prediction for the last 4 episodes:

Ep 3: Battle at Winterfell

Ep 4: Transition episode as the living retreat to King's Landing after losing the battle

Ep 5: Big final battle at King's Landing

Ep 6: After beating the dead, one last episode to decide the throne

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, SteVo said:

Been a solid but slightly underwhelming start to the season so far. Obviously next week is gonna be insane.

My general prediction for the last 4 episodes:

Ep 3: Battle at Winterfell

Ep 4: Transition episode as the living retreat to King's Landing after losing the battle

Ep 5: Big final battle at King's Landing

Ep 6: After beating the dead, one last episode to decide the throne

And what, Cersei just lets them in? And they're okay with what she did by lying to them?

21 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

That always seemed too literally to me. Not saying that’s wrong, because it’s probably going down that way. But I wouldn’t mind a bit of a twist on it. 

Jamie has had his chance tho, what is going to push him over the edge? Death of Tyrion or Brienne from Cersei’s direct order ? 

I think he could do it if Cersei is turned into a wight by the Night King. Thus the "pale white throat" mentioned in the prophecy.

I'm telling you guys, NK is not at Winterfell, he's going to King's Landing.

Edited by Thanatos

16 hours ago, Thanatos said:

And what, Cersei just lets them in? And they're okay with what she did by lying to them?

Thus the 80-minute runtime for the 4th episode. Your Night King theory could add to the intrigue.

The fact that Miguel Sapochnik is directing episodes 3 and 5 tells you there will be two big battles. This is the guy who directed "Hardhome" and "Battle of the Basterds."

Cersei and the Night King are gonna fuck.

So if The Night King is going to Kings Landing, could Euron be the one to kill Cersei? He fits the prophecy kind of loosely right? Wonder how much wildfire is left after the Sept of Baelor got nuked if any at all. Guess the Pyromancers would still be producing it right? 

What do we say to the god of death?!? 

Not mother fucking Today! 

QUEEN OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS

Holy shit boys.. My heart, mind, body, and soul can't take this much longer. Good thing the series is ending. Literally the greatest show ever created. Masterpiece. 

My three stars for the episode:

3. Jorah Mormont. Went ham right from the start, thought he came back a wight after that first exchange of blows, but dude just kept on ticking, took a million stab wounds for his queen, and went out like a motherfucking boss. Way to go Jorah.

2. Theon Greyjoy. Dude fricking killed it with the arrows, and we're led to believe he took out that entire swarm of zombies before the night king cometh.

1. Arya Stark. The Lord of Light delivers. The most ruthless assassin of them all, killing the god damn Night King and ending the rest of the undead army deserves major props.

And the least valuable player goes to... Dany

Light the fucking trench you dumb cow. Stop getting your dragon covered in zombies! At least thin their numbers or something instead of going for a fucking joy ride! Honorable mention to whoever the fuck came up with their tactics, because sending in the Dothraki first was a real good way to make an even bigger army to fight against. What the fuck were you planning to do if Melisandre wasn't gonna show up? Rush at them with plain old steel? Come the fuck on.

• Upvote 1

Actual thoughts on the episode. Uh... it kind of sucked? Like really sucked. The tactics were horrible (in line with Jon Snow tactics, but that's still not a forgivable offense. The black levels were hideous and the whole thing was shot really roughly. Like scale, sense of place, it was really just jarring and distorted. Randomly cutting to Arya having a fucking scooby doo dodge the zombies moment in the library was a bunch of mularkey, and I believe I mentioned how useless Dany and Jon ended up being on the dragons, but like whatever. It really felt like more named characters should have actually bit it, especially since some just freaking disappeared. The whole thing in the crypts was silly, like how was there a safe hidey hole for all those people when there's gonna be a fuck ton of stark corpses in that crypt? I don't know. Also Jon, bitch, light the trench. You dumb motherfucker. At least he rekilled like a thousand wights offscreen, because that's what he does best, but fucking still.

• Upvote 2

It would have been better if I could’ve seen what was happening. Terribly lighted. 

Other than that, decent episode. I don’t give a shit about tactics like Razor because seeings those Dothraki swords extinguish in the dark was badass.

Now it’s time for what we’ve all been waiting for: Clegane Bowl. 

Also, Jon and Dragon Queen should have fucked right beside Jorah as he died. Make him the ultimate cuck one last time for old times sake. 

Let’s not forget about Lyanna Mormont ! Biggest badass confirmed. The Mormont line has come to an end, but that didn’t stop anyone from doing what they get they had to.... Jorahs death, by the way, near perfection. If you had to draw up a plan or story to kill off Jorah it couldn’t be better than what we just got. 

Also, I think that is the brilliance of that episode. We’ve been shipped, as an audience, to believe Dany and Jon are the big heroes of the series. We’ve been waiting for their team up for years... and in the final battle of the living vs the dead.... it isn’t them who saves the day. 

You have Jon just kind of wondering around like he finds himself doing far too often. Being trapped inside Winterfell... You have Dany ditching the plan after she sees her horde or Dothraki be obliterated... I can’t blame her all the way for that one, she finds herself in the middle of the zombie horde helpless and alone until Jorah saves the day. 

But those are the heroes.... the Mormonts, Theon, even the Lord of Light puts in work — telling Arya exactly what she needs to hear to get her ass moving through Me. Beric for saving her and the Hound, taking way more wight stabs than anyone should have to. 

Those are our heroes. Don’t forget it!

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1