Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

I never said to use the guide to avoid missing rare weapons, lmao. I said it so you wouldn't miss the NPC storylines, which result in covenant opportunities and some other rewards. If you don't talk to certain NPCs at certain times you'll have to do a LOT of backtracking later on if you wish to pursue their stories in that playthrough.

And I also never said NOT to go out of your way to get the weapon, I said you can't slight the game when you got a weapon that normally one wouldn't have until later. Most people wouldn't have gotten it without the guide. You also can't slight a game for being easy when you've grinded. As I said previously, grinding will make any game easier.

Furthermore, as funny said, the game gets harder as you go, so I guess we'll see what you think further in.

Okay.. So exhaust areas doesn't include weapons and you only get non-weapons from NPCs. I didn't know that, and apologize for making faulty assumptions.

Regardless, if the weapon wasn't meant to be had, that is some poor game design. Making it so easy to get at that point in the game shouldn't be an option if you aren't supposed to have. :shrug:

Game is actually challenging? Better go grind some more. :troll:

Okay.. So exhaust areas doesn't include weapons and you only get non-weapons from NPCs. I didn't know that, and apologize for making faulty assumptions.

Regardless, if the weapon wasn't meant to be had, that is some poor game design. Making it so easy to get at that point in the game shouldn't be an option if you aren't supposed to have. :shrug:

Game is actually challenging? Better go grind some more. :troll:

I think mostly it's there for people that have trouble with the game initially and they end up grabbing a guide. :shrug:

I think mostly it's there for people that have trouble with the game initially and they end up grabbing a guide. :shrug:

This isn't adding up.. You aren't meant to get it until later, yet they purposefully put it there for you to get at that point.

Doesn't matter either way. Guide or not, I was getting it. Awesome players left me messages, "HERE" "WEAKNESS TAIL" "TRY RANGED ATTACK".

ANYWAY. Game should be getting harder. My brother is a bit further than I am (still not very far, unfortunately) and he says it's really cranking up.

Wow. I did not know it was an MMO.

Interest gone now.

Why?

Looking through their news now I'm not seeing anything about mmo. When some friends showed it to me, they said it was mmo but they look to be wrong.

If it is mmo, it could be good. There has never been a good shooter mmorpg.

The trailer looked pretty killer, but I want to see some real gameplay before I make any decisions. @Cyberpunk discussion.

• Upvote 1

Why?

Looking through their news now I'm not seeing anything about mmo. When some friends showed it to me, they said it was mmo but they look to be wrong.

If it is mmo, it could be good. There has never been a good shooter mmorpg.

It's an MMORPG.

CD Projekt RED recently unveiled the teaser trailer for their upcoming Intellectual Property, Cyberpunk 2077, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG). Though the game is still in its infancy, the developers have done well in garnering attention and excitement for the upcoming title.

I'm burnt out on MMOs. Just don't like the constant repetitive gameplay. The only two I've really enjoyed are Rift and GW2- Rift because of lots of friends, GW2, because the storyline is different for each character.

Edited by Thanatos19

Do not want.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/18/report-sony-retiring-dualshock-with-ps4

A new report is suggesting that Sony will ditch the DualShock controller for the PS4 and instead create a new one possibly containing a LCD touch screen or even biometrics.

An unnamed source spoke to CVG and claimed that many of the controllers currently being tested by Sony's R&D department mark a rapid departure from the loyal DualShock, which has served PlayStation consoles for 16 years.

These versions apparently include new additions ranging from an integrated LCD touch screen to biometric sensors on the grips. A second source explained that Sony was supposedly trying to emulate the UI philosophies behind the Vita, and this is what inspired the whole touch screen thing.

We've also heard previously about a version that incorporates the PlayStation move into the traditional DualShock design, which it seems could still be a possibility given the claims of multiple prototypes.

Until Sony announces anything, it's best to take all of this with a huge pinch of salt. Having said that, even if the above does turn out to be true, it seems unlikely that the company would write-off the DualShock completely. It's much more likely that they'd still be able to be used as bog-standard controllers in a similar manner to how Wii Remotes still work with Nintendo's Wii U, with suped-up versions featuring some of the additions mentioned also available.

This is the latest rumour in what's been a busy couple of months for leaks linked to the next-gen consoles. Former AMD execs have been in trouble for allegedly sharing highly-sensitive details about them, dev kits have surfaced all over the place and Sony is meant to be taking steps to prevent you playing second hand games on it's next box.

With so many leaks coming thick and fast, surely it won't be long until Sony and Microsoft step out of the shadows to set the record straight once and for all?

prevent you playing second hand games on it's next box.

What? I buy most of my games second-hand. That would be a really dick move on Sony's part. I would honestly expect something like that from Microsoft, but not Sony.

LCD screen on your controller? Fuck that noise.

And they have been gearing up this antiGameStop (I realize there are TONS of other 2nd hand video game stores, just gonna call them all GS for the sake of time) crap. All of these online codes and garbage we've been getting lately?

They can suck my dick. And if MS plans any of this with their 720, I will rampage.

Arkham Asylum. While I still think batman is uber gay.... this game is pretty redonk and look forward to Arkham city.

O great so that means if I wanna buy another controller, I'll have to spend 200 dollars on it. All this touch screen crap for video games needs to end. Keep the basic controller and stop ripping off costumers.

• Upvote 1

O great so that means if I wanna buy another controller, I'll have to spend 200 dollars on it. All this touch screen crap for video games needs to end. Keep the basic controller and stop ripping off costumers.

I think the market is just moving too damn fast. Devs all think we want the newest, most advanced, most expensive stuff. Maybe the case when you are talking about phones, computers, etc. But I don't want screens on my controller and shit.

I don't THINK microsoft is planning this yet.. but I am not sure. Please no.

I am pretty sure this "leak" was intended by Sony to gauge interest from the community. Kind of like the "leak" of the boomerang controller for the PS3 before it was released. Not a bad marketing idea.

• Upvote 1

I am pretty sure this "leak" was intended by Sony to gauge interest from the community. Kind of like the "leak" of the boomerang controller for the PS3 before it was released. Not a bad marketing idea.

Possibly. I'm not sure I believe anything that's been released so far about next gen consoles. The dualshock has been around forever, and I can't see them just dumping it.

Anyway, just finished Spec Ops: The Line. It's not the longest game, or the prettiest game, but I enjoyed the gameplay, and the story, especially as things progress, is pretty good.

To give an idea about the game, here's an excerpt from one of the intel pieces you find pretty early in the game. Always liked this for some reason...

In old horror movies, they always use silver to kill the monster. Stakes, crosses, bullets - didn't matter, so long as it was silver. In Dubai, these hostiles are using silver bullets to kill soldiers. Guess that makes us monsters...

Haven't played Dark Souls in about a week. But gettin back at it finally.

Stopped grinding and it is picking up a little bit in difficulty, but I still contest that the situations they put you in are much harder than the enemies or what have you although that is changing a little with the induce bleed effect assassins. The small staircases and paths you have to pass with no guardrails.

I FINALLY learned that sitting in a cramped corridor and banging my sword against the wall is going to get me killed no matter what level I am. I also learned something... Mechanics of the game so heavily rely on that right thumbstick. If you have the right camera angle, your sword (or other melee weapon) will react so much more positively than if you have it at a bad angle. I know that maybe sounds like common sense, but I just recently realized how important it is fighting a band of dogs (smaller enemies height-wise) on an uneven environment.

Maybe it was my grinding early on, I don't know. But these bosses are still rather disappointing. Gargoyles just had a long reach, but if you use your shield, they go down easily. Moonlight Butterfly was horribly weak, but the VERY VERY narrow bridge on which you fight it makes it somewhat of a challenge. And the Capra demon is a very fast boss in a VERY tiny area but he goes down within 90 seconds. The dogs that charge at you right from the get go were the only reason I died on that boss twice as they yielded my effort to get to that staircase in the corner.

I think I am only about 1/3 of the way through, but I have to wonder if the pattern has been established on boss battles.

My brother tells me one of the hardest bosses in any game he has ever played is ahead... So I look forward to that one and getting frustrated with it. :laugh:

Edited by Favre4Ever

I have also decided that this is the worst Cooperative gameplay in any game ever. Fable II held that role for many years, but it had to be surpassed some time. That time is now.

dark%20souls%20prepare%20to%20die%20alone.jpg

How exactly is the cooperative gameplay terrible? Demon's Souls and Dark Souls co-op are the best out of any game I've played, lol. You're probably way too high a SL to find any summon signs (especially being on 360 where the population is lower to begin with). Can't blame the game for that.

How exactly is the cooperative gameplay terrible? Demon's Souls and Dark Souls co-op are the best out of any game I've played, lol. You're probably way too high a SL to find any summon signs (especially being on 360 where the population is lower to begin with). Can't blame the game for that.

There are summon signs all over the place... lol. At the bonfire in the depths there were 6 I could pick from and another 3 before passing into the light for the boss... Unfortunately, none of them were my brother. Most worthless cooperative play I have ever seen in my life. Why make it so difficult to play with your friends? If they don't want you playing coop or coop with friends, just get rid of the feature. It's awful and needs to be redone.

It's not like I need to play coop. Raped that shitty ass dragon in The Depth without dying... But jesus. It sure would make the game more fun to play with people I know, who have the game, and are the same level as me.

Edited by Favre4Ever

There are summon signs all over the place... lol. At the bonfire in the depths there were 6 I could pick from and another 3 before passing into the light for the boss... Unfortunately, none of them were my brother. Most worthless cooperative play I have ever seen in my life. Why make it so difficult to play with your friends? If they don't want you playing coop or coop with friends, just get rid of the feature. It's awful and needs to be redone.

It's not like I need to play coop. Raped that shitty ass dragon in The Depth without dying... But jesus. It sure would make the game more fun to play with people I know, who have the game, and are the same level as me.

The only problems I've ever had were getting the sign, but not being able to actually get the summon to complete. Did you try quitting the game and reloading? There are different "lobbies" that you randomly get put into.

The game isn't supposed to be like COD where you click your friends list and head into a game with them. The co-op is not a game mechanic, but an actual part of the lore in the game, something most co-op games cannot boast. Moving into other worlds as a phantom is explained by Solaire as something that happens in Lordran randomly and without reason. Finding Solaire again is, according to the game's story, left up to chance. So why is it then surprising that the co-op system is molded the same way?

The game is not meant for hanging out with your friends and playing, but it can be done.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/608635-/63858935

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/608635-/60651652

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

LOL. Oh give me a break.

If running into Solaire was supposed to be random not every person would find him in the same exact spots on every single play through. So, apparently, Dark Souls doesn't even follow it's own lore. "Finding this character is said to be random even though we know exactly where and when he will be". lol

The whole thing with Solaire and phantoms is much more about fate and interwoven fates, if you ask me. Not randomness.

Also. I don't think I have ever witnessed a company try to use lore for the fact that they split their game into multiple servers, not allowing you to play with friends. The problem isn't being able to invite or join your friends. It's the fact that it is such a headache to meet up with them in general. Getting on the same server is the hard part, not actually summoning them.

Far Cry 3 has one of the more intense opening sequences I've played. Pretty awesome game so far. Loving the psychological aspect, the game lets you know this is going to be a theme by opening with a quote from Alice in Wonderland:

"In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again."

I won't spoil anything, but if anyone who likes shooters/lite-RPGs/good stories sees this game on sale somewhere, I would say get it. Very well crafted, amazing graphics, great set up for an engaging plot. We'll see just how good it is as I get more playtime into it.

Edited by Thanatos19

Just about to start playing Dishonored.