Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Already been pushed back 2 or 3 times though. Just getting old... And this.

Not that it's all that surprising, but today it was confirmed that Activision will continue its trend of releasing a yearly Call of Duty game.

The revelation came in a recent fiscal year earnings call, but what's most interesting is that Activision also addressed that the company is unsure how the new game will perform due to the unpredictability of new consoles. While no platforms were confirmed for the next Call of Duty entry, it is interesting to hear about new consoles and Activision's flagship on new hardware. After all, Activision plans to release the next Call of Duty in its traditional fourth quarter window. With new consoles rumored for this same timeframe, we very well may see this align with the new console releases.

Looks like Ill be playing video games A LOT till I find a new job. Any suggestions?

You need to give us a bit more than that. What type of games do you like?

You need to give us a bit more than that. What type of games do you like?

Anything really man. Shooters, RPGs, etc. I like games like Skyrim and Fallout the most.

Far Cry 3 is awesome if you haven't got that one.

Borderlands 1+2 are great. Both are these are mixes of shooters and RPGs, BL1+2 lean more towards the shooter side of things, FC3 towards the RPG side of things.

Mass Effect 1-3. Dishonored. The Witcher 1+2. Kingdoms of Amalur.

I have far cry, ill have to give an actual chance, haven't really played it that much.

I have most of the games you listed besides Dishonored and Mass effect 3. I hated

Kingdoms of Amalur on the PC. I always find myself getting a game sometimes never playing it for some reason. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll get Dishonored and Far Cry 3 a go for now.

This bass is tiring as hell. Working on fc'ing ( hitting every note without breaking a streak) it.

Woo. Got the 100 % FC last night.

My dad's been playing Day Z lately...

I've never heard of it before, but I'm very jelly after listening to him talk about it.

Decided to get back into Skyrim seeing as the Dragonborn DLC is set release this week. I hadn't played the game in weeks and honestly, I forgot how engrossing the game can be, I lost like 7 hours yesterday without even realizing. I only stopped because I hadn't eaten anything in that time and I was dying of hunger.

My dad's been playing Day Z lately...

I've never heard of it before, but I'm very jelly after listening to him talk about it.

Its full of hackers right now, so you may spend hours or days farming gear for your guy only to have a hacker bomb the server and kill everyone.

Just playin some Madden 2010. That's right. >_>

Been messing with overclocking my Crossfired 6950 graphics cards. Started playing Metro 2033 again. My god that game is beautiful with maxed everything.

The Witcher 1 was one of the best games when it came out. I greatly enjoyed it.

The Witcher 2 improved on practically every aspect minus the inability to take potions in combat.

The Witcher 3 is apparently removing all QTE as well as making it completely open world- the comparison is to Skyrim, with CDPR saying it is 20% bigger than Skyrim's world.

The plot is extremely complex, the way magic is used in society, the issues dealt with- racism, class warfare, etc., make for a very engaging storyline.

I have gotten both books that have been translated into English, and was also delighted to learn that they have finished the 3rd one and it is slated for release in June, (the games continue after the books end).

It is very realistic the way he portrays society, and very much like how I imagine a real world version of such a place would be, (well, were it set in medieval times).

Some people strongly dislike the combat system in TW1. I'd recommend downloading the demo, which you can find right here: http://www.fileplanet.com/183167/180000/fileinfo/The-Witcher-Demo

It will take you through a bit of Act 1- you will have to restart if you get the game as you can't use the save from the demo, (its okay, you skip quite a bit of stuff in the demo. But seriously do not use the save from the demo, as it will let you, at first, and then crash when you try to start Act 2).

The Witcher 2 is very different than TW1 in combat style, I'd look up a video of its combat, but its mostly in the preparation. Actual combat strategy revolves almost entirely around Signs, (spells), which you can use to set enemies on fire, knock them back into objects, trap them so they can't move, turn them to your side, and shield yourself from attacks. I think those are the five basic signs. There is a sixth one in the book, (being able to fall great distances without hurting yourself), but it is never implemented in the game.

IMO, they are both fantastic games and some of my favorite RPGs of all time. I'd highly recommend them.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Reached the Floating Continent on FF3 last night. WOO! Almost to the World of Ruin!...

Just a general question to all you computer gamers if we have any on this site... How many of you guys use laptops to play these games, and what kind do you use? Cost?

I'm not looking for a laptop to play games on, but I am looking for something really powerful and willing to pay north of $1200.

Guest Phailadelphia

Any particular reason it has to be a laptop? You could build an upper tier desktop gaming PC for $700-800.

Any particular reason it has to be a laptop? You could build an upper tier desktop gaming PC for $700-800.

Either or is cool with me. I don't need it for gaming, I'm just getting into 3D Design, and my older brother told me if I don't do it on a computer with video game speed and video quality, the computer will just fry like my old laptop, and that one cost me $1200...

I'd be able to help suggest stuff if you were making a desktop computer. All together my PC cost me around $2500 (lost track) in April 2011 when I built it.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I just downloaded the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim. Loving the new areas to explore, haven't really messed with the main story yet, though.

I'm looking to start fresh in either Fallout 3, GTA IV, or try Fable 3 for the first time.

What do you guys think? Fallout would be played on my PC, the other on 360. I certainly loved Fallout and would like to play through the whole thing this time around.

Mav for the love of god do not get fable 3. THE GAME FUCKING SUCKS. I can't believe they were able to sell that piece of shit game for sixty bucks.