Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

You are merely a statistic Vin.

Started up Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition. You'd think being that I played this before, that I would be good at it... Nope.

I see over watch getting boring for people without squads.

CoD apparently isn't and they just remake the same game every year.

Not the greatest example as CoD is getting absolutely torn apart within the community right now... it will probably still sell decently, but regardless.

CoD apparently isn't and they just remake the same game every year.

cod doesn't require the teamwork Overwatch does. You won't win often if everyone is playing dps.

So you swap to a tank.

So you swap to a tank.

What about support? Or countering what the other team picked? Or picking all offensive chars on defense? etc.

If you are saying that the general FPS community is too dumb to understand how/when to switch roles, then you are correct, sir.

I doubt it's going to stop people from playing overwatch, however.

Edited by Thanatos

If you are saying that the general FPS community is too dumb to understand how/when to switch roles, then you are correct, sir.

I doubt it's going to stop people from playing overwatch, however.

They are definitely too dumb :yep: The big thing is... Will Overwatch still be fun for people when this stupidity happens to them constantly. With a game like Team Fortress, I don't care so much about my K/D or how often I die because it's just flat out fun... If Overwatch emulates that feeling, I think it will be okay. If you get a bunch of "more than your casual" gamer who is trying to take Overwatch super seriously, I think they are bound to have a bad time.

Those kind of players are going to need a team to find the game fun, people they know and can communicate with in order to be more coordinated and such.

Haven't played the game myself though, so talking fairly broadly. May get it for PC, but want to get like an Xbox controller adapter because I hate playing on a keyboard. lol

Edited by Favre4Ever

Where is CoD gonna go from here? They already dove into modern warfare a bit, but it seems that they've thoroughly overdone the futuristic setting already. Will they go back to modern times, or will we see more games set in the 20th Century?

I kind of think a Korean War game would be cool...

Where is CoD gonna go from here? They already dove into modern warfare a bit, but it seems that they've thoroughly overdone the futuristic setting already. Will they go back to modern times, or will we see more games set in the 20th Century?

I kind of think a Korean War game would be cool...

Call of Duty is going into space (yes, really) even as fans have been crying out for the exact opposite for years.

Battlefield is moving back to old school warfare and fans are flocking to the franchise more than ever right now.

Starting a new run through in Fallout 4, role playing as The Punisher. Story line (my biggest gripe with the game) is close enough.

Darksiders on the hardest difficulty may have been a mistake... Just battle after battle, absolutely brutal. I suck so much, ha.

Starting a new run through in Fallout 4, role playing as The Punisher. Story line (my biggest gripe with the game) is close enough.

On survival, or...?

You need to remember that Overwatch was only in the beta phase, Once the game is out properly people are going to realize that they need to cover all roles, also people will learn quickly that they are better at other roles other than DPS.

Also if you haven't watched them already, the Overwatch anime shorts are awesome, they have released 3 out of 4 so far. It's worth a watch

On survival, or...?

I didn't see that they changed it until now. But my play through was going to be very role play heavy with similar elements (no fast travel, sleeping, food, etc.). I will definitely be playing on survival now.

COD developers will hopefully realize that the community does not want Halo 2.0

Infinity Ward has had so many great moments and it really is sad to see them continue to push this space bullshit. Treyarch skirted the line perfectly on Black Ops and that's as far as it should have gone.

It's also fucking disgusting how Activision has acted about the remastered MW1. $80 for the duo of IW and MW, when really they should just sell remastered MW for $60 solo. When asked about the negative response to IW, the CEO basically said "Yeah that shit happens, but we will just continue to make money and sell games."

COD developers will hopefully realize that the community does not want Halo 2.0

Infinity Ward has had so many great moments and it really is sad to see them continue to push this space bullshit. Treyarch skirted the line perfectly on Black Ops and that's as far as it should have gone.

It's also fucking disgusting how Activision has acted about the remastered MW1. $80 for the duo of IW and MW, when really they should just sell remastered MW for $60 solo. When asked about the negative response to IW, the CEO basically said "Yeah that shit happens, but we will just continue to make money and sell games."

Halo is amazing and much better than CoD.

Halo 5 sucked big time

Halo 5 sucked big time

Can't be worse than the last few installments of CoD, although I will let you know after I finish Darksiders because it's next on my list. Is that purely a multiplayer experience talking or just the whole thing?

Old school COD demolishes Halo. Current COD sucks though.

• Downvote 2

I dunno, old school Halo was pretty bad ass. Still remember the competition a friend and I had to get the Katana on Halo 3. Epicness.

Can't be worse than the last few installments of CoD, although I will let you know after I finish Darksiders because it's next on my list. Is that purely a multiplayer experience talking or just the whole thing?

Multiplayer experience, you don't want to set yourself to the standards of CoD.

52-wut-gif-659.gif

Multiplayer experience, you don't want to set yourself to the standards of CoD.

52-wut-gif-659.gif

Yes. First modern warfare - Black Ops 1 is greatest run of FPS shooters ever.

• Downvote 1