Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Picked up two games today. Xcom Enemy unknown and Arkham city

Lemme know how XCom is. Been thinking about picking it up.

I put a bunch of time into Lords of Shadow 2 today, and I can honestly say that I don't see where all the hate is coming from. Things did start off a little slow and kinda directionless (though maybe that's just me), but I'm really liking the game right now.

I am so off the Titanfall bandwagon. I was going to buy an Xbox One for it, now I am not. I will wait for it to be massive reduced at Gamestop for 360.

Lemme know how XCom is. Been thinking about picking it up.

I put a bunch of time into Lords of Shadow 2 today, and I can honestly say that I don't see where all the hate is coming from. Things did start off a little slow and kinda directionless (though maybe that's just me), but I'm really liking the game right now.

I thoroughly enjoyed Xcom: Enemy Unknown, one of the best games I've picked up recently.

@Favre: Why are you off the bandwagon?

The beta was so very underwhelming to me. Granted, it's not even close to all the features, but I just wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. The Titan stuff honestly seems SUPER OVERRATED and a huge gimmick. The AI on the enemy drones is so completely moronic you can just sit there and farm them all game with little to no repercussions. Not exactly what I was expecting -- I probably set the bar too high.

I've read that it's a really tedious game, Fart. Not that I am saying that makes it a bad game... This comes from somebody who loves grinding FF titles and senseless hack and slash titles like Dynasty Warriors. Just wondering if you agreed or would dispute.

My friend is a lot further than I am in the game, and he said you definitely have to grind if you want to level up your jobs.

I've sunk about 11 hours in it already, and I haven't really had to grind up levels or anything for the bosses just yet.

If you liked FF6 (3 in America) or FF5 you will absolutely love this game. The strategy/approach while playing this game is second to none.

I have actually been roped into playing EVE Online.

Or as my other friend put it, "Spreadsheets in Space."

It's actually rather cool. I dont know if anyone else plays or has an interest in playing, but I can get you a 21-day free trial instead of the 14-day free trial if you want to give it a shot.

Diablo 3 so good.

This might be one of the best patches in video game history -- for real. Although, for that to be the case, the game had to be pretty much shit to start with. If only this is how the game played from the beginning.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

About to re-build my PC to play Titanfall.

• Upvote 1

FUCK YOU FFE DIABLO 3 IS THE BIGGEST LETDOWN OF ALL TIME

You haven't played Titanfall, yet. :p

Guest Phailadelphia

NOOOOO. Don't get Windows 8. Don't do it. Just don't do that to yourself, please Phail.

I'm not. That was a mistake. Getting Windows 7 64-bit.

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1

I am going to assume nobody is talking about Titanfall because... it's really good and all of your time is being spent on it?

Lmao, who am I kidding? Ya, right.

Sooo, somebody is at this very moment streaming an alpha version of Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm. It's Alpha, but I can confirm this game is shit and is nothing to look forward to (at this point anyway)

Edited by Favre4Ever

Guest Phailadelphia

I haven't talked to anyone who hasn't liked Titanfall yet, and the lack of complaints on Reddit seems promising seeing as those people can't have fun doing anything.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Sooo, somebody is at this very moment streaming an alpha version of Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm. It's Alpha, but I can confirm this game is shit and is nothing to look forward to (at this point anyway)

Entirely disagree. I know people that are in the alpha, the game is exactly what a lot of us have been waiting for- a fast paced MOBA.

Entirely disagree. I know people that are in the alpha, the game is exactly what a lot of us have been waiting for- a fast paced MOBA.

It looks EXTREMELY casual. Dumbed down League, which is saying something. It is Blizzard though... that's kind of what they do.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I haven't talked to anyone who hasn't liked Titanfall yet, and the lack of complaints on Reddit seems promising seeing as those people can't have fun doing anything.

oh yeah the game is great. Except for the fact that I can't load maps when i'm in a party with friends ( xbox one) If I stay in a lobby for more than one game I again get stuck on the infinite loading map BS. Can I play the game ya sure by myself and not for more than one game in each lobby. I have to back out and search again which is annoying because i'd say half the time I get thrown into a match that's already half gone with my team getting shit on.

Guest Phailadelphia

Are you telling me a brand new game has some small bugs to work out? I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So you guys think it's lived up to the billing as the revolutionary game changing title in the FPS genre? Maybe the only two to hold that opinion, but not always a bad thing.How's the campaign? Enjoying it? Wish more games would use the formula?

Edited by Favre4Ever

Guest Phailadelphia

I'll answer that question next week. Haven't put the new PC together yet.

Alright well I'm not much into the atmosphere of the gaming culture as some you guys, but what is Titanfall? I've only heard a few things about it, that it was made buy a company that used to make Call of Duty or something, and it was more robotic..

I'd never heard anything about it being a revolutionary game of sorts, and I was never going to even consider buying it. Could someone just sum up what was the general expectation for this game and why FFE hates it so much lol.

Edited by badgers