Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

I am just not drinking the kool aid on it anymore. It's been hyped as a title that would change FPS gaming forever, something nobody has seen before. It's a feel good FPS with no single player campaign... If you really suck at other horrible FPS games like CoD or Ghosts you should get Titanfall because it's almost impossible to truly be horrible at the game. If you can't kill other players, just go around and kill the NPCs that have some of the worst enemy AI in the history of the industry. They group up in 4's and don't even try retaliating. Who can farm the enemies with the IQs of rocks faster?

Not saying it's a horrible game. It just, IMO, hasn't / can't / will not live up to the hype the media and industry in general has built it up to be.

I love terrible FPS games, I get CoD every year and I am okay with that. But don't tell me how this title is going to change the genre when it's on the level of CoD / BF but with mechs and jumping off walls.

You want go play Titanfall? It's called Battlefield 2142 and it released almost a decade ago. Lmao.

• Upvote 1

Are you telling me a brand new game has some small bugs to work out? I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked!!

i guess if you classify not being able to load the game as small...then ok.

Edit: Besides the fact that I never once said I was shocked at bugs. Every game has them at launch. I was simply stating my experience with it.

Edited by SteelersNation36

And Battlefield 2142 is better. Agree with Favre on this one.

• Upvote 1

I played Dead Rising again today with a friend and I must say the gaming is boring as shit. Couldn't play for longer than an hour without falling asleep.

As for Heros of the Storm, I've watched a few streams of it and...it looks alright. The group gold and XP is a bit odd and the fact you don't have to last hit a minion. Not sure how its going to evolve from now until launch, but it has some promise.

Yea BF2142 is totally Titanfall. Because the walkers are so similar to Titans, everyone had a jetpack, you could run on walls, land mechs on people and jump on other mechs. Not to mention it was incredibly fast paced. Oh wait, no it wasn't lol.

No idea why this comparison keeps getting made. The similarities between the two games end at FPS. There's always a group of people that will blindly hate a game solely based on how hyped it is and not for what the game actually is.

"Oh lol, its just COD + mechs + jetpacks and a bit of parkour hurhruhr"

So? Like you said, you willingly buy COD every year and you hate it. How would YOU redefine and FPS genre?? There's been ten billion FPSs released that its almost impossible to find something genuinely new. At the end of the day, you'll have a gun, you'll run around and you'll kill people. The better FPSs add more shit you could do between those things, which is what Titanfall is doing. What you would call gimmicks is fun gameplay that has actual replay value. How would you have improved Titanfall? Please tell.

Your issue with the AI is an issue in only ONE game mode (attrition where AI kills count to your overall score) and let me tell you I'm positive there is noone on this entire planet that would feel a sense of gratification after killing a few grunts.

"THEN WHY PUT THEM IN THE GAME FUNGUN?? WHY NOT JUST MAKE THE MAPS A LIL BIGGER AND MAKE IT ALL PLAYERS?"

Because holy fuck that would be so chaotic. Imagine anything more than 12 titans at a time on a field. The devs explained it quite well in a video if you can be bothered to look for it. The game would become super imbalanced, chaotic as fuck and almost broken. So how do you fix this issue? Add AI to fill up the map and make them unable to ride titans, but shoot at titans (and they do a surprising amount of damage, mind you). Simple, efficient and fixes the issue. Oh, and if you hack specters in groups, you have like 6 extra people running behind you and shooting the guy you're aiming at. That's surprisingly useful, so yea, the AI isn't THAT retarded.

Its a breath of fresh air and a new take on the genre in almost 10 years since 2142 and COD4 (and BF3), which are arguably the best multiplayer FPSs. How could you even begin to deny that. Sure its not the best and won't REDEFINE the genre. Sure there are people that will ride its dick into oblivion claiming its the best game of all time, but aren't there people like that in every game/genre? Namely FF7 and FF10 fanfaggots above the rest. After 10 years of beating a dead horse in the FPS genre (every COD after COD4 lol), its pretty fucking far above the rest. Its without a doubt the most balanced (and actually working) FPS in the trinity of FPSs right now. BF4 is so broken beyond repair atm, and I won't play it till they fix it, and I can't vouch for Ghosts now that I think about it, but who still plays Ghosts lol.

And campaign. lol. Again, if you're buying an FPS for its campaign you're playing the wrong genre. Noone paid 60 bucks to play single player COD4. Noone paid 60 bucks to play BF3 single player. Its just an extra thing to do before/after/while playing the multiplayer.

At the end of the day, experiences in games will and always be subjective. You have your opinion on the game and I respect that, and I gave you my opinion.

Go play a 10 year old game with no player base if its so good lol.

(P.S. Diablo 3 is still actually the biggest letdown of all time and that's objective :))

• Downvote 1

Through that entire rant, you didn't actually say what makes Titanfall a good game...

Probably because it isn't. ;)

Literally the only good thing you said was that is was a semi-new idea that hasn't been used in less than a decade. Your conclusion about the game is exactly identical to mine, you just have differing opinions on some of the mechanics.

Very little difference between us.

Guest Phailadelphia

Your opinions of the game are based on the beta, which you even admitted doesn't possess most of the features of the game--at least not refined and ready for the full release. You don't think your criticism is a bit harsh given you haven't really played the full game yet?

Edited by Phailadelphia

My original opinion was based on BETA. It has been released and my opinion hasn't changed. I am not saying don't buy, I am not saying it is completely worthless. Just don't tell me it's something that it isn't. And Funny hasn't done that. As I mentioned above, he generally agrees with me... I see no issue with my opinion. lol

Guest Phailadelphia

Oh, so you bought the game after it released? My bad. Didn't see you mention that earlier.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My friend has it and I've played with him. :shrug: He's back to playign Fable Anniversary edition on 360 already -- it's that good.

You said it was shit so you won't play it because its BF2142. And you will still play COD (what).

I said how it wasn't even remotely close to 2142.

The reasons why you don't like it are the same reasons why people love it. You just don't like the features while others do lol. I've said it was awesome and I like it. I think jetpacks, parkour and mechs are fucking awesome. You don't lol. Do I have to spell that out for you? While I do agree it isn't the greatest of all time, my main point was why even bitch about the game and belittle the people that actually do enjoy the game in the first place lol. Does lol-ing at people doing well in an easy game make you feel better about yourself? Is it cool to be part of the not even 10% that hate the titanfall hype?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have belittled no one. My comparison to 2142 wasn't to point out that Titanfall was bad, it was to point out that it wasn't a groundbreaking idea (as you have agreed to). 2142 was epic, so that isn't as much of a diss as you make it sound. Hell, I haven't even said that I won't play it.

That entire post of yours contains nothing but lies and statements that you made up and attributed to me -- which I really don't appreciate funny.

If you are trolling, you are really bad at it. If you aren't trolling, you are really sad.

We can have differing opinions on the game without actually getting upset. It's not that big of a deal man... It really isn't worth getting worked up over.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Re play of Arkham Asylum

I am going to assume nobody is talking about Titanfall because... it's really good and all of your time is being spent on it?

Lmao, who am I kidding? Ya, right.

So you guys think it's lived up to the billing as the revolutionary game changing title in the FPS genre? Maybe the only two to hold that opinion, but not always a bad thing.How's the campaign? Enjoying it? Wish more games would use the formula?

If you really suck at other horrible FPS games like CoD or Ghosts you should get Titanfall because it's almost impossible to truly be horrible at the game. If you can't kill other players, just go around and kill the NPCs that have some of the worst enemy AI in the history of the industry. They group up in 4's and don't even try retaliating. Who can farm the enemies with the IQs of rocks faster?

I'm not worked up at all, or even mad in the slightest lol. I actually think its funny.

But tell me how that isn't being AT LEAST condescending/belittling. I understand its in jest, but making a point.

• Upvote 1

Because I know the definitions of condescending and belittling? The fact that I am not riding the hypetrain on Titanfall like you or Phail doesn't make me actually think I am better, superior, or more important than you in the absolute slightest. We are talking about gaming... lmao. I am not some noob "PC Master Race" guy who goes around and actually wishes death on people who don't agree with me (embrace the hyperbole).

Thanatos and I disagree on almost every gaming topic in existence... Not for a second do I think I am a "better" gamer or whatever the hell one would think than he is. I am sure I play a ton of games he thinks are crap (I play a lot of games I think are crap :p). And I bet he plays a lot of games I don't like... Doesn't make me better than him. lol

If anything, I could say you were belittling me... Pot, Kettle, etc. However, I won't do that.. Because I used to like you. :p (Embrace the sarcasm).

I also like how you took the time to quote my posts, but ignored the other things you conveniently made up and just focused on the one thing. ;)

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Just finished Lords of Shadow 2.

Ended up at like 65% complete after my first playthrough. Now I gotta go through it on the hardest difficulty, find everything, and then complete all the trials. Should add quite a bit of time to the game.

I really don't see why this game has received the hate that it has. Yeah, the castle sections are more fun, but that's mainly because those sections are more story driven and therefore are more engaging, but that doesn't mean the modern area is bad. The stealth sections aren't bad at all, even the one that supposedly took a reviewer 4+ hours to get passed it. And the combat, while it took some time to unlock some stuff, is better than the first. Once the gauges fill up a bit things are actually quite fun.

As for the negatives:

I would've liked to see some of the modern elements/characters fleshed out some on-screen, instead of using scrolls to fill out the background of said characters. Also, the game seems too easy on normal. I didn't have much problem with any of the bosses until the last two. Though, there are quite a few normal enemies that do pose a challenge.

All-in-all, I'd give the game an 8.5. Now, bring on the DLC (particularly the second piece, which is supposedly being done by a different developer than the one that did the main game and first piece.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-2MG52wog

bioshock 1 and dark souls.

so keen for dark souls 2 to come on PC. are you keen as well Vinge?

PC?

:no:

Watching more of Heroes of the Storm, I am warming up to it more. I will definitely try it out at the very least... Looks like it is going to be a micro transaction whore house though, which is going to suck.

Watching more of Heroes of the Storm, I am warming up to it more. I will definitely try it out at the very least... Looks like it is going to be a micro transaction whore house though, which is going to suck.

Haha that's what blizzard does best.

I've been addicted to NHL 14 lately, so I haven't been able to really get into Titanfall yet.

By now I hope everyone has come to the realization that no FPS will ever touch COD4. :smug:

Arkham City