Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Titanfall

I'm really diggin' it.

It's really fast paced and just smooth. The controls are very well done and not hard to get the hang of at all.

My ONLY gripe with the game is that campaign-story mode blows. They basically just incorporated the campaign w/ the multiplayer, but the story is rushed and just blows. Hopefully they change/fix that in the second one.

Other than all of that, I really enjoy the game...I thoroughly have fun playing it...

Guest Phailadelphia

Ok, Titanfall is FUN. The gameplay is smooth and effortless, the movement and spacing dynamics are new, refreshing, and nearly perfect, and the graphics are beautiful.

I've been chasing the fast-twitch FPS high I was addicted to back when Unreal Tournament and Quake were running the show. CoD4 came close to matching those games, but Titanfall really nails it.

If you're not looking for a fast-paced, quick twitch shooter, this is not for you. But It's my favorite type of FPS and I find this game loads of fun. I wish I still had the time to sit down and spend 10 hours a day playing video games. I could do that easily with Titanfall and not get bored.

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1

Anyone else disappointed that Dark Souls II has basically the same exact.... everything? Not a bad game by any means but... even the story is practically identical. >_>

I'm about level 10 now which is still pretty early into gametime but I'm enjoying Titanfall so far. Love running around with the SG. Haven't quite figured out Titan vs Titan warfare but its interesting. I like going jihad with the Ogre, its pretty funny.

Just bought thief and Plants vs Zombies for 50 bucks.

Guest Phailadelphia

Only complaint with Titanfall so far: the game does a bad job balancing teams in matchmaking. But Respawn seems to have acknowledged this really quickly and is working on a patch, which is promising.

Anyone else disappointed that Dark Souls II has basically the same exact.... everything? Not a bad game by any means but... even the story is practically identical. >_>

love that tbh. not much wrong or if anything at all in the first one to change in the second.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT (diablo).

what i wish though is that your ending in dark souls 1 somehow affected 2.

ds1 spoiler

i mean how mad would it be if you got the dark lord ending and you had to vs yourself from 1, become the new successor to the dark lord and continue the age of dark. that'd be too good though

Edited by funnygunny

It's lazy and not nearly as effective the 2nd time through.

So finally hit ranked in LoL, An my I now understand the meaning of elo hell. I started in bronze 2 and got straight dropped to bronze 5. To start I wasn't ready but now I know I am good enough to be at least silver and yet I get trolled hard by some people.

I am pretty beast in the jungle though with WuKong.

Probably gonna cop Infamous. It looks amazing.

• Downvote 1

There is no such thing as elo hell. If you play enough you will be where you should be.

Guest Phailadelphia

After playing COD for so many years, Titanfall is hard as hell. Trying to re-adjust to jumping around and off of everything to avoid damage rather than simply strafing while still maintaining aim on the target. Forgot how difficult it can be.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Grinding for gear and getting ready for Reaper of Souls! So Hype!

I get more legendary drops now after Blizzard lowered the chances than I did before when they were fairly common. :shifty:

Ran through half the game on my DH.. I think I have his build pretty much solidified for a run through of Act V after much tweaking post patch 2.0. Then ran through and beat the entire games Acts I-IV on my Wizard in a single sitting. Got a bunch of legendary drops -- 4 of which were improvements over current equipment. I don't have his build perfected quite yet, not sure I will. :shifty:

Finally got this game-sized patch downloaded. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

• Upvote 1

Torment VI blows, F4E, just thought you should know. The very first mob I run into is shielding/extra health/waller/arcance sentry. :mellow: Had to lower it to Torment III to deal with them. The drops are absolutely awful too, I'm either getting nothing at all, or crap, even from the unique I managed to kill. :disgust:

Just stopped a 12 hour Diablo 3 session. Holy hell. Reaper of Souls is GODLIKE! So many reasons to actually keep playing now. Like... actually having to WORK for the best gear instead of betting on lady luck to drop it for you (well, still kinda that way, but chances are way lower).

The story and actual plot in ACT V is epic. Backgrounds and level designs are pretty darn cool as well. And it actually poses a challenge. I was getting FUCKED up playing through Act V the first time. Getting so frustrated. Even after lowering the difficulty twice -- still no walk in the park.

Ugh. Time for work.. then to come home and... PLAY SOME MORE REAPER!!!!

• Upvote 1

Ya I went through Reaper of Souls last night as well. Really good expansion and act 5 is sooo frustrating. Boss fights are ridiculous but that makes it feel so good when you kill them. The tight corridors in some of the areas can be frustrating against arcane sentry, plague, desecrator, or molten mobs. Also fuck frozen pulse and how blizz made it even more annoying.

The ending was interesting...

So Diablo was released which allows them to make another game if they choose so, but the ending cinematic, which was disappointing as it wasn't as epic as Vanilla cinematics, Tyrael says the main hero can be corrupted so sometime they may have to choose between good and evil. It would be cool to play the game from a dark side but that would be hard to do. Should be interesting.

On to adventure mode!

ADventure mode is so good, in the few hours I played it. Only thing that sucks, IMO, is the trading in of the blood shards or whatever. Terrible odds, and at 70, you aren't going to find many upgrades there. Or I didn't, anyway.

One of the oddest things, for me... Is that I have actually sacrificed a lot of superior +Damage gear to ensure I had resistances and life regen . Made it a lot easier to get through Act V. As a DH, I can tank through pretty much any group of monsters. I sat on top of a desecrator / plague duo location through an entire elite fight and made it through fine.

Frost Nova is most definitely a bitch, though. :laugh:

There is no such thing as elo hell. If you play enough you will be where you should be.

I dunno I've been in promotion 4 times to get out of bronze 5 and due to having a team that won't play together, 3 of the 4 fails have not been my fault.

Ill go on 5/6 game win streaks to get in and then imploding team

You are the only constant on your team.

If you truly are better than your opponents, then think about it this way.

There are 5 chances for an idiot to be randomly placed on the enemy team, and there are 4 chances for an idiot to be placed on your team, (since you have 1 of the spots).

If you play 900 games of ranked, you will go 500-400 solely based off of that. The better you are than your opponent, the more games you can carry despite idiots.

WildTurtle has 3 different accounts in Challenger. There is no such thing as elo hell, and don't even begin thinking there is. If you blame your teammates, you won't be going anywhere. It doesn't mean you can carry every game, but you have to stay positive and keep playing your best.

What generally happens is people get a couple games where they weren't at fault, get frustrated, then they play like shit, and now the games are their fault but they don't realize it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Re-installed D3 to check out the new patch. Legitimately impressed. Game is way more fun and I'm enjoying my witch doctor.

Ok so maybe I was a bit over dramatic there.

Just to clear this I very rarely will harass team mates more often than not I will move out of position (I now jungle then support) to accommodate the team. I just seem to get that one player when it comes to promo that gets out picked or a power house (nasus/yasuo) isn't banned and they go on tear.

I have the whole day tomorrow that will a hopefully allow me to get out of bronze 5.

Damn on phone wrong quote

Wizards are SO INCREDIBLY OP right now and they probably require the least skill to play. I don't mean that in a demeaning way toward Wizard players (I have switched from my primary DH to lay Wizard).. That's just how it is right now.

And to be honest, I dunno if they can fix it (or if they even want to)

Archon is obviously the biggest problem, I and my group of wizard pals can use Archon and depending on enemy density -- crit for 65M damage.. Lmao.

However, Archon is the least of their worries... because the AoE nature of the class, with their buffs and DPS potential make them incredibly dominant. With multiple wizards you can stack black hole skills (pulls enemies into one location) and just DESTROY EVERYTHING in seconds with the buffed AOE skills.

My guess is they probably won't want to nerf the wizard, but the overwhelming number of Wizards being played online right now is so insane that I don't think they will have a choice.

Grinding for mats and legendary drops is so time consuming but so much more rewarding. Not only to craft items.. but just to reroll a SINGLE STAT is costly. And trust me, rerolling is not guaranteed to be anything amazing, haha. I have gear on my wizard that is all upgraded to Lvl 70 (RoS content) but they all have a stat needing to be rerolled. So while I am good now, I know I can be SO MUCH BETTER and that drives me to keep playing -- something Diablo couldn't do before Patch 2.0 .

This is honestly one of the best games I have played in a long time (Patch 2.0 + Reaper of Souls content). It is quickly going to become my most played game of all time. (Just time-wise). I don't invest much time into a lot of the top time killers like the WoWs and MOBAs of the world.. So I think the most time I have put into a game was FF Tactics and that was about 500 hours in total over all saves and playthroughs. Next would be Monster Hunter for Playstation 2 which was about 350-400 hours. And then Minecraft at about 250-300 hours.

Still need to double my Diablo playtime.. but I am ready.

TAKE ME!!!

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1