Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Just started up Blade & Soul. Created my character and did some of the grunt work to get started. It seems really interesting and hopefully I have time to keep playing it. We will see how long it can keep my attention. ;)

What server?

What platform you playing on? I'm on xbox Cpk13 is my GT if you're playing it there add me. I'll be playing it a bit tonight and tomorrow

PC, sorry :/

What did you think of it tho?

What server?

It was one of the "new" servers at the time anyway. Junghado.

Took me quite a few tries, but it's not bad once you get the hang of it.

I take it back, it's awful.

Been trying to get the full mastery for it. Turns out, it's not killing 355 enemies or whatever, you gotta kill everything in there. Ran out of time with one enemy left somewhere. Ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

XCom 2.

Failed the first mission. :yao:

Leveling up hardcore in Blade and Soul :smug: Not really though, super casual scrub mode on. But it's still fun. ha.

PC, sorry :/

What did you think of it tho?

I personally loved it, last day of beta I just decided to troll. This guy ran up to me and yelled "congratulations" then started laughing, he only had 1 hp bar so when he turned to run away I used the BFB on him and yelled congratulations....LOL

XCom 2.

Failed the first mission. :yao:

Xcom 2 is freaking tough. I think I'm gonna lose my third attempt.

Three guesses what happened in the first two.

I failed the second mission too, which apparently the makers of the game didn't think was possible, because since I didn't get the engineer as the reward, I couldn't progress past the "assign an engineer to clear the construction" screen and had to reload from the beginning of the mission.

It definitely seems harder than Enemy Within, but I think that's because it's a different playstyle. Playing cautious will only get you killed.

Sectoids shouldn't be allowed to mind control at the start of the game.

I haven't made it far enough to wager any guesses, but I'd say, glitches of some sort? I remember reading stuff about the final mission being bugged and whatnot.

Day later edit:

Probably gonna have to restart. My squads are getting murdered left and right. Different enemy types are popping up that I can't hang with. I don't understand this game. I suck.

post-10504-batman-cant-deal-with-it-gif-

Edited by Vin

I personally loved it, last day of beta I just decided to troll. This guy ran up to me and yelled "congratulations" then started laughing, he only had 1 hp bar so when he turned to run away I used the BFB on him and yelled congratulations....LOL

Yeah, on the last day (really like the last 6 hours) my squad went full rogue and made sure that no one else had fun in the DZ. It was awful... and awesome. Turns out you can get a ton of awesome gear when you steal it from other people B|

• Upvote 1

One of the primary things I would emphasize is the overwatch trap.

This is where your team is in concealment. The game almost assumes you will wipe out the first enemy "pod" with little to no wounds.

How you do this is get all of your squad close to the enemy, and then have the final member toss a grenade at the aliens. Or a rocket. Or just shoot one. The aliens will then take damage, but they will then also take their free move that they always get upon discovery- and this will trigger *all* your overwatches at once. Generally this results in all but one of the enemy pod dying and the remaining member being grievously wounded.

Overwatch traps are a near-necessity in some of the missions where pulling multiple pods is inevitable.

Yeah. That's hard to do though when either on the first turn or the beginning of the second turn you get behind some cover that's randomly in the enemies line of sight, despite the fact that it's only like 8 blocks from where you started. That's pretty fun. Had it happen a couple times.

Doesn't help that I'm essentially playing ironman without the actual option turned on.

Yeah, on the last day (really like the last 6 hours) my squad went full rogue and made sure that no one else had fun in the DZ. It was awful... and awesome. Turns out you can get a ton of awesome gear when you steal it from other people B|

Yeah for sure...I definitely like the game.

I played The Walking Dead games by Telltale because I got them for free.

Didn't expect them to be good but damn they got me. If only the show could manage to make me care about a character that much...

I was pretty surprised that in the end only 13% stuck it with Kenny. Jane was nuts.

Edited by Barracuda

Rocket League is really fun.

Soccer with Cars lol. No idea who thought of that or how, but its really fun.

The Division

I've actually been waiting for this game since it was first announced and it's the first game I've bought for myself in over a year.

I'm having a blast playing the little bit that I've played it so far (only lvl 6) and I've yet to play it within a party which is mostly what it's made for.

But yeah, the only games that I've seen announced that are MUST BUYS for me have been the above mentioned, Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4. I'm still really looking forward to the latter two.

How big of a grind is the Division?

Honestly I cannot say definitively, as like I said, I'm still low level. I imagine that it would be faster, as in any RPG MMO type game, leveling in parties and I have yet to do that.

I have watched some people play it on Twitch and there are people that are already at the main level cap of 30, but there is a dark zone (where the pvp is at) level that is completely separate. A popular streamer named Summit1G already has his dark zone level at 50+.

If you like shooters and the rpg/mmo types, I do not see any reason why you wouldn't have fun with this :yep:

Other unrelated tidbits in the link but...

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/14/letter-chris-charla-idxbox-updates-gdc/

This will be ID@Xbox’s third Game Developers Conference showing off amazing new games from independent developers in the ID@Xbox program. For us, it’s a great time to highlight new games, but also a place to connect with new developers and old friends and listen to their feedback about our program – what people are liking, and where we can do better.

We actually started ID@Xbox by going out on a listening tour that seemed huge at the time (more than 50 developers!), but today, with more than 1,400 studios creating games for Xbox One and Windows 10 via ID@Xbox, 50 seems like a pretty small number!

Our core principles haven’t changed though – make sure we deliver a huge variety of awesome games to players on Xbox One and Windows 10 by making it as easy as possible for independent developers to publish games on our platforms. The developers have certainly held up their end of the bargain! The list of unbelievably good games on Xbox One from independent developers is really too long to list. And we’re still listening, and we’re still working every day to make things better.

I’m excited today to announce a couple new things that grew directly out of developer feedback.

Cross-Network Play

First, in addition to natively supporting cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10 games that use Xbox Live, we’re enabling developers to support cross-network play as well. This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks – including other console and PC networks.

Of course, it’s up to game developers to support this feature, and Xbox Live players will always have the option of choosing to play only with other Xbox Live players. We’re thrilled to confirm that Psyonix’s Rocket League will be one of the first games to take advantage of this new capability by enabling cross-network play between Xbox One and PC players, with an open invitation for other networks to participate as well.

:ooo:

Well cross-console platform is a very dangerous game IMO, whichever has the best controller will end up winning over the pro scene probably. And PC players will have the advantage over all though due to how much easier it is to aim with a mouse.

Yeah, cross-platform play between console and PC doesn't sound very appealing to me. PC gamers are going to wreck console gamers, especially in shooters as, like BJORN mentioned, it's a lot easier/more efficient to aim with a mouse.

Anyone playing or thinking about playing Stardew Valley?

Not much of a PC guy but I've been playing a lot of Total War lately.

Specifically, empire edition and conquering with Egypt

Anyone playing or thinking about playing Stardew Valley?

My gf is huge into it.

First complaint about the Division....the lack of a true role/class system