The Falcon

Last TV Show You Watched?

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Probably the best episode of the series thus far, they finally introduce a character from the actual MCU (Marvel Comics Universe). I know a lot of people are abandoning the show because it hasn't moved as fast as shows like Arrow. However, this show was never really intended to be about superheroes from the MCU, but about people living in the "real" world after the events of The Avengers. It is about normal people who have to deal with abnormal situations.

I really think that the show is going to really get rolling over the second half of the season (it is taking a break until March 4, I assume in order to not compete with the Olympics).

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/06/amc-preacher/

Could Preacher become AMC’s next Walking Dead? AMC has officially put into development the long-rumored TV version of Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon’s twisted 1990s comic series. Sam Catlin (Breaking Bad) will serve as executive producer and showrunner, while Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg (This is the End) will executive produce and write the pilot draft.

Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg said in a statement: “This is amazing! We’ve tried for seven years to work on Preacher and we’re so psyched AMC is finally letting us. It is our favorite comic of all time, and we’re going to do everything we can to do it right. Humperdoo!”

AMC’s official description: “Preacher follows Reverend Jesse Custer, a tough Texas preacher who has lost his faith, has learned that God has left Heaven and abandoned His responsibilities. He finds himself the only person capable of tracking God down, demanding answers, and making Him answer for His dereliction of duty. Accompanying Jesse on his journey is his former girlfriend and a friendly vampire who seems to prefer a pint in the pub to the blood of the innocent. On his tail is one of the most iconic bad guys in print – an immortal, unstoppable killing machine named the Saint of Killers – a western lone gunman archetype whose sole purpose is to hunt and kill Jesse.”

Plus, Ennis gave fans a lengthy statement: “Steve Dillon and I are very happy to see Preacher being developed for TV, which seems a much more natural home for the story than a 2-hour movie. Between them, Sony TV and AMC have brought viewers two of my favorite shows with Breaking Bad and Mad Men, and it’s exactly that kind of creative commitment and courage that Preacher needs. Obviously it’s taken a while, but Ken Levin along with Neal Moritz and his team refused to give up, long after the point when I myself grew skeptical, and their unrelenting enthusiasm for the project has gotten us where we need to be. I’m particularly impressed that Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and Sam Catlin understand Preacher fully — meaning they get it for what it is, not some vague approximation. All in all, it looks like Preacher can now be brought to TV in a way that I’d previously not have thought possible, and I very much appreciate that Steve and I have been included in the conversation in the way that we have.”

I have no experience with the source material, but I have no faith in Seth Rogen.

Bates Motel.

Don't know if I like it quite yet, but I have nothing else on my viewing plate at the moment, so I guess I will give it a full run through.

"Friends With Benefits" on Netflix. The first 12 episodes are very enjoyable, but #13 is out of order

Just started watching House of Cards.

Man it is soooo good

Season 2 of House of Cards is now on Netflix. Finished episode 1 and HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I love this show. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this fucking show man. I get massive erections whenever Frank talks directly to the audience, and acknowledges their (our) existence. OH FUCK ME... This is perfection... GENIUS.

"For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain -- there can be no mercy. There is but one rule.... Hunt or be hunted. Welcome back."

• Upvote 2

I binge watched the hell out of House of Cards this weekend. MAN it's SOOO good!

LOVE!

IT!

I'm already 4 eps into season two! LOL

I still have a few eps left of Orange is the New Black and am wanting to check out True Detective.

http://www.thewrap.com/obama-asked-hbo-chief-true-detective-game-thrones-advance-episodes/

It turns out President Barack Obama is a TV fanboy.

We already knew that Pennsylvania Avenue’s most famous resident is a “Homeland” fanatic, but that’s not the only small screen favorite that sets his pulse racing.

The president asked HBO Chief Executive Officer Richard Plepler at last week’s state dinner for French President Francois Hollande if he could score him advance copies of “True Detective” and “Game of Thrones,” according to the New York Times. President Obama reportedly was hoping to catch up on the two shows over the Presidents Day Weekend.

“True Detective” has aired five of its eight episodes, but “Game of Thrones” does not premiere until April 2, so nabbing that screener would be a true feat of executive power. As the Times article goes on to note, President Obama is content agnostic. He is equally enamored of streaming video as he is of premium cable shows.

On Thursday, the president tweeted that “House of Cards” was about to start its second season and beseeched the online community, “no spoilers please.”

Do not come between the POTUS and his shows.

Season 2 Ep. 1 of House of Cards. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

NBC has announced that Heroes is coming back.

• Upvote 1

House of Cards. Frank Underwood is a person I'd vote for even if he is an awful person.

Edited by OSUViking

^ Watched House of Cards over the past couple weeks. I'm sad I'm already caught up and will have to wait so long for the next season.

As everyone has already said, excellent show. Kevin Spacey is the man.

I was disappointed, to say the least, that it has only been two seasons. It feels like so much longer since I started seeing ads for it. I hope it stays for a while.

Well...I finished House of Cards s2 last weekend (I couldn't help myself) and am all caught up on True Detective...

TD is so damn good and I'm not sure how they're going to match this season and the performances from Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in the next season. I can't wait to see who the new cast will be. Although it shouldn't be hard to get top actors to sign on for such a highly popular/rated show for one season.

With that said, it sucks there is only two eps left and...

What's everyone's guess as to who the Yellow King is??

My guess is the lawnmower dude who was riding on the riding lawnmower in front of the abandoned school.

But it'll probably end up being someone that hasn't made an appearance on the show yet.

Sleepy Hollow. What a stupid, show. I really like it.

Edited by Bay

Well...I finished House of Cards s2 last weekend (I couldn't help myself) and am all caught up on True Detective...

TD is so damn good and I'm not sure how they're going to match this season and the performances from Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in the next season. I can't wait to see who the new cast will be. Although it shouldn't be hard to get top actors to sign on for such a highly popular/rated show for one season.

With that said, it sucks there is only two eps left and...

What's everyone's guess as to who the Yellow King is??

My guess is the lawnmower dude who was riding on the riding lawnmower in front of the abandoned school.

But it'll probably end up being someone that hasn't made an appearance on the show yet.

I think it's going to end up being Woody Harrelson's wife's father. I think his wife is either in on it — or the grandfather (her dad) watches the girls and that's how the daughter saw those things. Meaning their daughter's drawings of ritualistic sex and how she made her dolls position with 5 men standing over a naked girl on the ground.

I finished season two of House of Cards on Friday, and I loved it. Just as good as season one. Absolutely incredible. This could be Kevin Spacey's best work.

How bat shit insane is it that Frank had all the odds stacked against him this season and ended up ascending to the presidency? Epic. I'm gonna miss Doug, though. :(

Sleepy Hollow. What a stupid, show. I really like it.

Hahaha. I so get what you mean.

And I agree Stevo.

RIP Doug

Actually, F4E, the end of the season made me think of something you said in the shoutbox...

How many more seasons will the show have? Now that Frank has gone from majority whip to POTUS, how interesting can they keep the storylines? How long until the show just becomes a dark, badass version of The West Wing? Next season should be interesting with midterms seemingly occupying the first few episodes, and Frank will have his skeletons to work out, of course, but what's the long-term angle?