Vin

The Walking Dead

To each his own. I largely prefer the show to the comic. Maybe it gets better after where I stopped reading (Hunter arc), but eh.

Thought it was funny on Talking Dead last night that they were treating it as some huge loss. I get that it's a big deal when any longtime cast member leaves, but really, what are we losing?

I care about that death (granted I didn't care to see it) as much as T-Dog's. :rofl:

Fuck you guys.

I liked the ep. and I was sad. :(

Maybe I shed a tear or ten...maybe I didn't... :shifty:

:mjtears:

The ep was kinda boring. Kinda likes Beth and thought she was one of the last characters in the "original" (pre jail) group that still had a lot of room left to develop. Her death was kinda pointless IMO.

• Upvote 1

The ep was kinda boring. Kinda likes Beth and thought she was one of the last characters in the "original" (pre jail) group that still had a lot of room left to develop. Her death was kinda pointless IMO.

Ya, I think the time in between her capture and her death was very destructive to the show and their plan for her. It really killed the momentum her character had to grow and develop... And I realize it wasn't truly random, but for lack of a better word for describing it... It just seemed kind of random how they picked her character back up this season and then ended it just as swiftly. It's like she died when she got captured, because we really didn't get the time to rebuild the connection to her that the writers had been working on previously.

• Upvote 1

gfdydi3.gif

• Upvote 2

I didn't particularly care for Beth much, though her campfire song a while back was one of the better moments in the show IMO.

asian-crying.gif

Ya'll are fucking monsters.

Thought the episode, like most of their finales, was garbage.

Just the fact that they didn't kill all of those assholes was ridiculous.

I hope I'm not the only one that prefers the comics over the show. :inouteek:

Wasn't a terrible episode I guess. Wasn't great but whatever, I was entertained. Par for the course for this show, if you expect greatness then you're just gonna be disappointed. Watching Daryl cry made me a little sad, he's such a good actor. I don't think the show's really gonna miss Beth at all.

I thought Rick was cruel to kill the cop in the beginning though. :badass: Rick is definitely transforming into a darker character.

I hope I'm not the only one that prefers the comics over the show. :inouteek:

Nope. Agreed that the comics are a ton better.

I can't wait for the return but I to wasn't upset with the death of Beth, I found her to be a glorified singing baby sitter so no big deal.

So I hate zombies as a subject matter and thought the show looked cheesy from the pieces that I saw, but my girlfriend convinced me to watch it from the beginning and I've loved it so far.

I read through this entire thread while I was re-watching some earlier episodes, so I'll post some of my thoughts when I have a chance. I'll do a "TV vs. Comic" characters list like Vin once I finish the 3rd book

I bought the first three hardcover books and I read through two and a half of them in one day, lol. Each book is 12 issues (whereas the trade paper backs are only 6), so currently I'm about 30 issues in.

Spartan/others, if you're going to talk about the comics in this thread use spoiler tags, please. I'd like to participate in here from here on out, but I loathe spoilers about more than anything. I don't even watch previews for the next week, like JD.

• Upvote 2

I await your list, Zack. :yep:

I finished the 3rd book and I've ordered the entire rest of the series (as well as pre-ordered the 11th book). They get here tomorrow. :D

For the sake of comparison and the fact that I agree 100% on some of your opinions (bolded are the ones I agree with:

TV Rick > Comic Rick
TV Carol > Comic Carol (I never even knew this was even possible, but it happened)
Comic Dale > TV Dale (TV Dale was great, but Comic Dale is more of a main character and not an old guy that's wise)
TV Shane > Comic Shane
Comic Carl > TV Carl (Carl's best moments in the show are ahead of him I think, but I've gotta take his comic counterpart, even though he's just a kid and doesn't really do anything...)
Comic Andrea > TV Andrea (By far the biggest thing the TV show has screwed up. Comic Andrea's actually pretty cool.)
Comic Lori > TV Lori (As with Comic Carl, Comic Lori wins just by doing nothing)
TV Glenn > Comic Glenn
TV Maggie > Comic Maggie (I'm beginning to think that Kirkman can't do female characters. Comic Maggie and TV Maggie are just so different.)
TV Herschel > Comic Herschel (I think this revelation saddens me the most. TV Herschel is amazing, unfortunately, his comic counterpart doesn't share that)
TV Tyreese > Comic Tyreese (Comic Tyreese starts out cool, then descends into mehness. Very disappointing.)
TV Michonne > Comic Michonne (Didn't think this was possible either, but once again, it happened. Where she's at now in the show is a much better place than in the comic)
TV Governor > Comic Governor (As far as villains go, the Comic version wins hands-down, but as a character, TV version wins. TV version is more tragic and I prefer that version.)

This list will likely change, but I'm to the part in the comics where

Rick just told everyone to be ready for the prison to be attacked.

Comic Rick > TV Rick (So far, I've liked that Comic Rick is less of a pussy and doesn't make dumbass decisions that get people killed like TV Rick did by letting the Governor live and shit.)

TV Carol > Comic Carol (There's just not a lot of depth in Comic Carol and she's kind of annoying. TV Carol is one of my favorite characters now.)

TV Dale > Comic Dale (I just don't get the same vibe from Comic Dale, but I do like him. TV Dale was one of my favorite characters.)

TV Shane > Comic Shane (TV Shane was actually a character I kind of liked. He started out doing what needed to be done, but cunt Lori fucked with his mind amid the stress of a zombie apocalypse. He did some shitty things, but he didn't just go off the deep end like Comic Shane.)

Comic Carl > TV Carl (TV Carl is annoying and unbelievable. Kid went from whimpering mommy's boy to standing toe-to-toe intellectually with the adults in what, weeks? There's a lot of room for his character to grow and it's obvious that's where they're going with him, but still, they did it poorly.)

Comic Andrea > TV Andrea (Vin covered it. TV Andrea's stupid fucking face having probably a season's worth of material in all wasted on her infuriates me.)

Comic Lori > TV Lori (I loathe both characters completely, but the Comic one is less of a manipulative cunt.)

Comic Glenn > TV Glenn (I kinda liked TV Glenn at first, but he and Maggie started to get really annoying. They're kind of the same in the comics, but Comic Glenn seems...better, idk. We'll see when he progresses more in the books.)

TV Maggie > Comic Maggie (Comic Maggie is a lame character. TV Maggie is alright, but slightly irritating).

TV Herschel > Comic Herschel (TV Herschel was amazing after the bullshit with the barn ended. Comic Herschel was douchier at first, but maybe he'll turn out like TV Herschel did.)

Comic Tyreese > TV Tyreese (I like TV Tyreese, but he's too much of a pussy sometimes. Comic Tyreese is awesome, imo.)

TV Michonne = Comic Michonne (Aside from one shitty thing that Comic Michonne did

(going down on Tyreese as soon as she meets him)

, I love both characters and feel like they'll remain equal.)

Comic Governor > TV Governor (TV Governor had a great actor that made you really loathe his character, but the bullshit where we were supposed to sympathize with him on TV annoyed me, especially during the mini "redemption".)

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

We pretty much agree, so that's kinda cool. Michonne managed to ruin two characters at once for me, so that was pretty awesome.

This reminds me that now that I'm back in school I need to pick back up where I left in the comics. I quit right before what is essentially the Terminus arc, IIRC.

Edited by Vin

I haven't even watched this video yet, and won't.. But I saw the headline and thought maybe a few of you would be interested. Especially the spoiler lovers like Vin...

I hate spoilers, so I won't be watching.

In fact, I credit AMC's lack of info-filled trailers for my interest in continuing to watch the show. I really have no idea what the plot for the next half-season will be about, which makes me curious to watch.

Stuff and thangs gonna happen.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/04/andrew-lincoln-says-walking-dead-return-brutal

“This back eight is my favorite back eight we’ve done since we started the show, for many reasons,” says Lincoln, “mainly because it’s almost like a reset. We get to reimagine and sort of dial back some of the characters. And we meet so many new people. It’s sort of a wild rabbit hole that we all go down, and I think the storytelling is phenomenal.”

So consider yourselves warned. “Be prepared,” says Lincoln. “I think episodes nine and 10 are two of my favorites. They’re brutal. They’re incredibly emotional, and I think there will be a lot of surprises along the way.”

Stuff and thangs gonna happen.

You DO realize that the cast and crew of that show almost ALWAYS lie about what's gonna happen, right?

Lincoln's not really a BSer though.

Also, we need to get you over your negativity towards the show. :yep:

Finished book #10 last night. Hardcover #11 comes out on Feb. 25th and I've already got it pre-ordered.

Negan is a hilarious and awesome character. I really hope he somehow lives, though I don't see how he could.

Well that's a bummer.

Looks like no version of Tyrese gets a good death...

Ya, confirmed suckage. What was the point of that? Seriously... there wasn't one.

Still disappointing I see, lol

Appears that way. Glad I stopped watching when I did.