Vin

The Walking Dead

This has already been said but seriously what is with these lame montages at the beginning of each episode. Laughable.

I liked the old kill everybody Governor better.

I'm so tired of these snuff film episodes

snuff film? what?

Please elaborate what you mean by that.

Did you guys see the writing on the barn? Wonder if he ditched his real family or was separated like Rick.

Did you guys see the writing on the barn? Wonder if he ditched his real family or was separated like Rick.

Nah. I think it was supposed to be the ditching of his former self in favor of a new name and persona. Figuratively starting over.

Of course, I don't know. It could be because its a snuff film... :shrug::shifty:

Edited by GA_Eagle

Nah. I think it was supposed to be the ditching of his former self in favor of a new name and persona. Figuratively starting over.

Of course, I don't know. It could be because its a snuff film... :shrug::shifty:

Yeah your right....think his actual name is Phillip

I'm so tired of these snuff film episodes

A snuff film is a motion picture genre that depicts the actual murder of a person or people, without the aid of special effects, for the express purpose of distribution and entertainment or financial exploitation.

:think:

I loved that last episode. I thought it was a nice break from the "Prison's in danger + solution = episode" formula that has been this season thus far.

I kinda want the governor to win now. :yep:

Alonzo-Mourning.gif

• Upvote 1

What the hell does that mean.. haha

Thought it was a pretty lackluster episode. I like the character progression and what not, but to push the governor one direction only for him to fall back to old habits makes the last episode feel really unnecessary. I also hate mid-season finales. Seriously.

• Upvote 1

I had hoped that they were going to go in a different direction, instead, it's just used as a reason for the Gov to attack the prison. The stupid. It comes.

I didn't mind the episode...definitely not what I was hoping for though...

They gave a bit of hope with, "hey...maybe the Gov. has changed..." and then pulled the rug out from us (or maybe just me lol)...

I figured that he had changed...second chance on life type of deal...and that it would take the chick or the little girl dying to drive him back into Bat-shit-crazy mode. Welp...he's never changed and he's just one of those dudes that is in a world such as the one they're in and he chooses to handle situations and experiences in an extreme, crazy manner. He then tries to justify it by saying he's doing what he's gotta do to survive and protect those around him.

It's a vicious cycle with him. His plan in taking the prison is probably exactly how he got Woodbury. Although, he's got extra incentive...the chance to take out Michonne and Rick...

I hate mid-season finales too. I wonder if it's the end of the Governor and they start a new chapter of things after the break.

The first option would definitely be better, but in what world will that ever happen? It would be extremely interesting if the Governor approaches the prison with a small group of people... I am not holding my breath, though.

Welp...looks like we're gonna get our first option wish...just not the friendlier version we had hoped for...

lol

Edited by BucD

Gov. just needs his meds. Dude is bipolar as fuck.

I'd be shocked if the Governor makes it out of this alive. I'd also guess that this fight is going to draw the huge walker horde to the prison (though maybe not since they did that at the end of season 2) and that Carol somehow deus ex machinas and saves the day.

Projected deaths:

Herschel :(

The Gov

Beth

Judith

Glenn/Maggie (I'd guess Glenn)

Lily's family except Lily or Lily's family except the little girl

Sasha

Other black guy that's not Tyreese is a wildcard. I don't think they'd kill him off because they haven't really done anything with him, but who knows. Weird "zombies are still people" girl is another wildcard. I don't think they're going to kill her off either, but she's going to do something of note.

To me, all the chicks in the new camp look exactly the same... I can't tell them apart to save my life. ha. And ya, I don't mind that the governor is still the governor.. But it was dumb how the good guy spanned less than an episode. There was little evidence of any time passing so it just seems like one day he goes to bed as a changed man, and he wakes up the next morning evil again. Just really poorly done, IMO.

Also, TWD is playing into this same mold nearly every season... Find a place, camp out the place, develop character, place gets overrun, people die, group moves, group finds a place, they camp out the place, develop characters, place gets overrun, people die, group moves.

I am ready for something new...

My only question really is.. Are we going to see Carol already or are they going to save her for the actual season finale later on?

Edited by Favre4Ever

"The end of the world aint nothing when you have a tank"

That tank symbolizes the end of the prison...no doubt. It's been a little too safe anyways. I could see them showing that one camp get raided as a sign of what's to come for the survivors of next week's episode.

The Governor kills that guy's brother and throws him a smoke....then its all good? Can't buy that.

That chess game....showed that the family and the new crew are just pawns in the Governor's game. Him, failing to answer the little girls question pretty much sealed the deal on whether he had changed or not. I really really wanted him to say yes to that. And the only way that the prison group is going to win is by doing what they failed to do in the first place....kill the king.

Edited by BJORN

Tank is retarded., just makes no sense. But oh well it's a tv show.

Can't move half a mile without a gallon of gas. Hopefully they don't actually fire it because that's a whole other story. Ammunition would be nearly impossible to come by and if you did you'd just be wasting it.

Maybe it'll just be an intimidation tool. :p

Anyways, I'm glad the governor is back to his old self. But happened much faster than I thought it would.

• Upvote 1

If I had a tank during this, I wouldn't be leaving that thing ever.

S3dI4RS.gif

I might be overly critical but I feel that the finale was just poorly put together IMO. Also, for me not a single surprise in it.

Michone could've ended it quickly. AK47 falls at her feet during her little escape and she has them completely flanked. Are you telling me she doesn't act right then and there? She legitimately could've taken out the majority of the people with out them being able to do a thing.

Also, I love how the Governor is able to out muscle Rick with a gun shot wound on his arm.

Edited by BJORN
  • Upvote 1

The governors return seems so completely trivial. :laugh: I don't really see the point of the last 3-4 episodes. Ha. That was pretty bad. I liked Rick's monologue... That's about it.

Honestly.. watching the actors for Maggie and Herschel on The Talking Dead was way better than the episode itself.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2

The governors return seems so completely trivial. :laugh: I don't really see the point of the last 3-4 episodes. Ha. That was pretty bad. I liked Rick's monologue... That's about it.

Honestly.. watching the actors for Maggie and Herschel on The Talking Dead was way better than the episode itself.

Completely trivial? Destroying the prison, causing the group to split up, and killing Herschel is completely trivial?

The amount of stories that has the potential to create tells you the purpose of the Governors return. Just figuring out who the psycho was that fed the rats to the Walkers and was the cause of the directed frog that Tyrese found is going to be interesting enough. That person is likely on the bus with all the other survivors and not a single one of the "main" characters to help protect the group. Rick and Carl went a completely different direction from everyone else, too. The people in the bus are obviously going to be far ahead of Daryl and the others.

Reading posts like yours and some other people commenting on the episodes(outside of here) makes me wonder if you guys just look for stuff to complain about. It's like you guys try so hard to find any error you can and completely ignore anything good/interesting that can come from the episode.

Edited by .AirMcNair.
  • Upvote 2

The prison was on the way out anyway. Before we even saw the governor, the future of that location as the permanent residence of the group was in quest... The Gov. merely sped up that decision process for the group. Nothing was gained in the slightest from keeping him alive beyond last season. Oooohhh, we had one episode where he almost kind of wasn't evil. Yay!

I am just glad he is dead... Watching him jump from group to group and leading them all to their deaths was getting quite boring. Don't think I could have handled him doing it for a 3rd time. Would have been so much better if those people would have revolted against him... After the Woodbury incident, would have been a great contrast to what we have already seen compared to doing the same thing all over again.

Why'd that group so blindly follow the Governor? They barely knew him, had no reason to trust him... And nobody budged on the idea that Rick was offering peace? Give me a break.

Everyone is, mentally and physically about where they were at the end of last season. We've gotten absolutely nowhere outside of tying up loose ends to last season which shouldn't have even existed.

Now we have to wait until February before we actually get story progression. Awesome.

They had a damn tank and refused to use it on the people firing at them with guns and they walked right past a injured Rick when they broke through the fence. Those are my only petty complaints.

This was a great episode, probably the best ever for this show. I was actually pretty shocked they showed as much as they did for a midseason finale. I figured we would be left with a governor cliff hanger. Would've never guessed the person that put that final bullet in the governor would been that girl he was banging.