Sign in to follow this  
KiLaSix9

TGP All-NFC South Team

The voter turn out must have been bad.

Freeman over Brees

Gonzalez over Graham

Dahl Over Evans

Not sure how I feel about Jabari Greer not being in there. Steve Smith over mike Williams.

But hey, just one mans opinion.

The voter turn out must have been bad.

Freeman over Brees

Gonzalez over Graham

Dahl Over Evans

Not sure how I feel about Jabari Greer not being in there. Steve Smith over mike Williams.

But hey, just one mans opinion.

This was done after the 2010 regular season and before the 2011 season. So you have to take into account that was Freeman's impressive sophomore season and Mike had a great one too.

Edit: Oh and yes, the voter turn out was also poor.

Edited by KiLaSix9

Now I'm taking this off of the NFC West thread of the same name. As a template to copy and paste.

Offense

QB - Drew Brees NO

HB - Doug Martin TB

FB - Mike Tolbert CAR

WR - Vincent Jackson TB

WR - Roddy White ATL

TE - Jimmy Graham NO

LT - Sam Baker ATL

LG - Carl Nicks TB

C - Ryan Kalil CAR

RG - Jahri Evans NO

RT - Zach Strief NO

Defense - Running a 4-3

DE - Charles Johnson CAR

DE - Greg Hardy CAR

DT - Gerald McCoy TB

DT - Dwan Edwards CAR

OLB - Lavonte David TB

OLB - Sean Weatherspoon ATL

ILB - Luke Kuechly CAR

CB - Asante Samuel ATL

CB - Dunta Robinson ATL

FS - Ronde Barber TB

SS - William Moore ATL

Special Teams

K - Matt Bryant ATL

P - Thomas Morstead NO

Ret - Darren Sproles NO

ST - Dekota Watson TB

I agree with most of your list. But this LT - Sam Baker ATL. I'd put Jordan Gross there, Sam Baker is below average.

CB - Asante Samuel ATL

CB - Dunta Robinson ATL

Samuel? Yeah, I'll agree. Dunta? Um, no.

Bucman have you really even watched Falcons games? Last season, Baker was basically the lone bright spot of our offense. He may not have had a great career yet, but he was also battling injuries up until 2012. This past season he put together a great campaign and was one of the better tackles in the NFC South. :shrug:

Other than the corners, I would call this list pretty much perfect. Although, everyone knows I have a real hard time putting Roddy above Julio, I think it's ludicrous but I'll let it pass.

Bucman have you really even watched Falcons games? Last season, Baker was basically the lone bright spot of our offense. He may not have had a great career yet, but he was also battling injuries up until 2012. This past season he put together a great campaign and was one of the better tackles in the NFC South. :shrug:

Other than the corners, I would call this list pretty much perfect. Although, everyone knows I have a real hard time putting Roddy above Julio, I think it's ludicrous but I'll let it pass.

Gross>Baker and its not close.

The corners in this division suck for the most part, which I'm guessing he is going off of. Otherwise guys like Revis and Goldson would be on this list.

I don't feel like Gross had a better season than Baker. Not in the slightest. If you think that, then you must be accounting for his whole career here.

Baker gave up 6 sacks and 39 hits and hurries. If that was a bright spot of your OL :shifty:

I don't know how many hits/hurries he allowed (Because I can't ever find those for individuals online) but Jordan Gross also allowed 6 sacks in 2012. :shrug:

Maybe so but he still isn't as good a J. Gross. The man has been the anchor for a decade and still one of the best LTs in the game. One season shouldn't trump a career.

I don't know how many hits/hurries he allowed (Because I can't ever find those for individuals online) but Jordan Gross also allowed 6 sacks in 2012. :shrug:

How many of those came off that gimmicky read option. Gross has traditionally been outstanding and similiar stats for one season trump a career.

Baker had a strong rookie season at LT- he's been average at best since then. Gross has been quite good and last year he had a severely outmatched rookie he had to help. Amini got much better as the season went on, but Gross paid the price for his initial poor play.

The run option scheme hurt the entire OL. Once we steered away from it the whole offense improved and that starts in the trenches.

Baker had a strong rookie season at LT- he's been average at best since then. Gross has been quite good and last year he had a severely outmatched rookie he had to help. Amini got much better as the season went on, but Gross paid the price for his initial poor play.

The run option scheme hurt the entire OL. Once we steered away from it the whole offense improved and that starts in the trenches.

I went with Gross because I like him, but I'll admit that Baker was better in 2012. And his issues between his rookie year and last year were injury related. Not skill.