Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Ochocinco trying out for Soccer club

“Due to the NFL lockout, I’m excited to be able to follow my childhood dream of playing for a Major League Soccer team,â€

Childhood please.

The childhood dream stuff is just fluff. He can really kick, and showed it when he did it in the game.

I wish him luck. Glad he'll be shining some light on American soccer, even if it is in Kansas.

*Chad Johnson

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 23, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT

Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco, who’s looking for something to do (and something to keep his name in the news) during the NFL lockout, has begun his Major League Soccer tryout.

Ochocinco began his four-day trial with Sporting Kansas City today.

According to the Associated Press, Ochocinco was moving fluidly on the field while more than 40 media members watched him getting individual instruction from assistant coach Zoran Savic.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has belittled Ochocinco’s soccer ambitions, in another sign that Ochocinco probably won’t be back in Cincinnati when (or if) the 2011 season begins. But Ochocinco seems to like spending time with Sporting Kansas City: He said on Twitter, “What an awesome place Kansas City is, just getting here and it feels like home already, superb hospitality.â€

Perhaps he’ll end up with the Chiefs.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Might be a smart PR move for the new MLS team to sign him and play him a few games...

I hope he does well with it tbh, if there is one thing soccer needs in the USA it is a real big name figure out there. As much as Beckham and Henry are worldwide they aren't in NA, Chad is and hopefully he makes is as I like him and plus if he has the talent then he should make it. He is still in shape for soccer as well as it is a lot less demanding on the body.

Good luck to him

Chad Ochocinco "stepped up his game" in his second day with MLS' Sporting Kansas City Thursday.

"His touch was there, and his confidence was up. He's adjusting well," said forward Teal Bunbury. Ochocinco even had a few highlights, including two fine crossing passes, one of which led to an ovation from teammates. "That was a great ball in; Diop has to finish that," Bunbury joked. Ochocinco isn't embarrassing himself, but he's still a longshot to appear in game action. Mar 25, 9:26 AM

Source: Kansas City Star

Chad Ochocinco's tryout with the MLS' Sporting Kansas City has been extended to include a Monday evening practice game.

They will be taking on a "local team." World class athlete or not, there's a good chance Ochocinco will be outclassed on the pitch by even a "local team." Sporting KC can be expected to milk this rare publicity for all it's worth, but Ochocinco will not be appearing in a real MLS game any time soon. Mar 26, 9:56 AM

Source: Boston Globe

I hope he does well with it tbh, if there is one thing soccer needs in the USA it is a real big name figure out there. As much as Beckham and Henry are worldwide they aren't in NA, Chad is and hopefully he makes is as I like him and plus if he has the talent then he should make it. He is still in shape for soccer as well as it is a lot less demanding on the body.

Good luck to him

Landon Donovan says hello.

But I do agree that the MLS needs something, and it's more publicity. Chad is definitely bringing that.

Pretty fucking certain the MLS wasn't around when Chad was growing up with this "childhood dream" to play in a league that didn't exist yet.

STFU, Chad. It's publicity. You're a whore for publicity. Nobody is buying this fucking shit. God, this faggot gets under my skin.

• Downvote 1

I Wonder will he do the Riverdance when he scores a goal.

It's possible if he makes the team and plays in an offensive position.

If he actually does get to shoot and makes it, he'll definitely be celebrating. Soccer refs rarely penalize for excessive celebration. Actually sounds like this sport may be right up his alley if all falls in place.

Chad Ochocinco has been named an honorary member of the MLS' Sporting Kansas City club.

Ochocinco won't draw a paycheck or take up a roster spot, but he's free to practice with the team indefinitely. "He's been a pleasure to have here," coach Peter Vermes said. "He's progressed in the days he's trained with us ... He has been fantastic in all ways." He's also increasing national interest in Vermes' team. Source: Associated Press

Guest Durant4MVP

Good for him. At least he's trying to stay active and out of trouble.

Well, there's his loophole to their workout facilities and trainers. Good move Chad.