Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

D-Mac's Mock me a river!!!

Love the Acho and Jenkins picks for us in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If we get those two along with Prince, our defense is pretty much set for the season.

With that said though, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go QB in between rounds 2 and 4...

Edited by RANGA

Gotta give props for doing a 5 round mock man. +many

• Upvote 2

Gotta give props for doing a 5 round mock man. +many

i agree and very well done D'Mac.

• Upvote 1

Great mock except I think you forgot to pick Bowers :shrug:

• Upvote 1

Great mock except I think you forgot to pick Bowers :shrug:

holy shit.... Your right... Lmao...

I gotta edit it, I messed up some picks. lol.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I like the Quinn, Smith, and Romeus picks, but Chekwa is a reach and we certainly wouldn't need another CB afterwords. I'd rather spend one pick on a CB and another on a LB or RT.

Really liking 3 of the 4 picks for the Vikings but why would we take a TE when we have Kleinsasser (will leave when retired never before) and Shiancoe (obvious that the Vikings love him). Kleinsasser is a Blocking TE and Shiancoe is a Catching TE so I think we have that covered.

Would love to here your reasoning though. :shrug:

After the way Jones looked at the Senior Bowl I don't any part of Greg Jones until waaaaay late in the draft. 5th round or later.

I updated the draft a little, moved a couple of people around and put Bowers back into the 1st round. :p

I like the Quinn, Smith, and Romeus picks, but Chekwa is a reach and we certainly wouldn't need another CB afterwords. I'd rather spend one pick on a CB and another on a LB or RT.

Yea, RT would make more sense then grabbing two CBs, I gotta change that as well. lol

Really liking 3 of the 4 picks for the Vikings but why would we take a TE when we have Kleinsasser (will leave when retired never before) and Shiancoe (obvious that the Vikings love him). Kleinsasser is a Blocking TE and Shiancoe is a Catching TE so I think we have that covered.

Would love to here your reasoning though. :shrug:

Shiancoe had a pretty average -to bellow average- season last year, and he's getting up there in age, and he's going into the final year in his contract... I figure the Vikings would want to target a possible future replacement for Shiancoe with someone who brings virtually the same dimension to their offense... He more then likely wouldn't be there the next round so I figured this was the best spot.

After the way Jones looked at the Senior Bowl I don't any part of Greg Jones until waaaaay late in the draft. 5th round or later.

Jones was probably a guy that should go in the 5th to 6th... He added weight, and it affected his game, he's no longer as athletic or physical point of view, I only have him going to the Eagles because he plays great assignment football, especially in the running game... Which is what Ernie Sims lacked. The Eagles might go with Scot Lutrus or Colin McCarthy if either are available that late.

Yeah but we have Kleisasser. Vikings will keep him and they have big faith in Shiancoe.

Yeah but we have Kleisasser. Vikings will keep him and they have big faith in Shiancoe.

Most receiving yards in one season for Jimmy Kleinsasser was 401 yards back in 2003, that same year he had 4 TDs, outside of that year he's only had 2 touchdowns, for a total of 6 his whole career... And he's 34, so he's not young and could possibly retire after next season. Shiancoe is also in his 30s and probably has reached his peak, this past season wasn't a very good one and im assuming he won't get any better... If the Vikings don't have a proven QB at the helm next year, they probably won't be a playoff team... So why not grab a tight end who could blossom into a future starter, and probably a pro bowler.

That's just how I see it at least.

Most receiving yards in one season for Jimmy Kleinsasser was 401 yards back in 2003, that same year he had 4 TDs, outside of that year he's only had 2 touchdowns, for a total of 6 his whole career... And he's 34, so he's not young and could possibly retire after next season. Shiancoe is also in his 30s and probably has reached his peak, this past season wasn't a very good one and im assuming he won't get any better... If the Vikings don't have a proven QB at the helm next year, they probably won't be a playoff team... So why not grab a tight end who could blossom into a future starter, and probably a pro bowler.

That's just how I see it at least.

Kleinsasser isn't a receiving TE. He is a blocker. If Shiancoe leaves next season we will draft one then IMO.

Jones was probably a guy that should go in the 5th to 6th... He added weight, and it affected his game, he's no longer as athletic or physical point of view, I only have him going to the Eagles because he plays great assignment football, especially in the running game... Which is what Ernie Sims lacked. The Eagles might go with Scot Lutrus or Colin McCarthy if either are available that late.

Oh it could definitely happen. I would just hate it. I see what you're saying, he's fast and smart, but with the 9 technique now being in place up front for us, I just see him getting eaten alive because of his lack of physicality and lack of an ability to proficiently shed blocks. On top of us running a 9 technique we really just aren't big up front so small LB's don't really work for us imo at least.

Great job Dmac, but you may want to look at this:

New England Patriots - 17 - Cameron Jordan

Easiest pick in the draft. Everyone is surprised Jordan has fallen this much, the Patriots jump him. He's a perfect fit as a DE in the 3-4, will probably be a starter from day one, and plus great value. He has all the tools to be a good 3-4 DE, size, strength, explosiveness, inconsistent with his hands but that will improve over time.

San Diego Chargers - 18 - Cameron Jordan

Great fit for the Chargers, they don;t have many holes, but on defense, there biggest weakness was the running game. With Jordan, that part of the defense is instantly fixed. He has all the intangibles and upside that Smith likes. Just needs to improve his hands and consistency with pad level.

Give ya props for doing a 5 round draft. Reading reports, not sure if Liuget would fit in a 3-4. I would much rather draft Reed or if we do D-line in the 1st then Cameron Heyward would be a better choice. The target a Guard in the 2nd. With Watkins, Cannon, and Hudson off the board, could go after James Carpenter. It may be a reach in the 2nd round but he is supposed to fit in a zone blocking scheme like the Pack use and Colledge is probably gone and I wouldn't be too sure of Lang playing so picking a guard makes sense.

lmao, fixed it RZB... The side effect of editing and re-editing your mocks. :p

Kleinsasser isn't a receiving TE. He is a blocker. If Shiancoe leaves next season we will draft one then IMO.

I mean if that's the way you wanna look at it, I guess they would go somewhere else in the middle rounds, but I can almost guarantee you that they grab a TE somewhere from rounds 3-7... All 3 of there tight ends are 30+ years old, all three are coming into the final years of there contracts, it makes senses for a new coach who will probably have a new quarterback to draft a young TE that can/will develop, and can even line up as a receiver.

Oh it could definitely happen. I would just hate it. I see what you're saying, he's fast and smart, but with the 9 technique now being in place up front for us, I just see him getting eaten alive because of his lack of physicality and lack of an ability to proficiently shed blocks. On top of us running a 9 technique we really just aren't big up front so small LB's don't really work for us imo at least.

Actually, that went into consideration in giving the Eagles Jones... He's put on some weight, and weighed in at 240 at the combine, he makes for an undersized ILB, but pretty good sized OLB. Athletically, and from a playmaking view on the other hand... He's taken a couple steps back... I honestly don't wont him as a Lion either. :p

Give ya props for doing a 5 round draft. Reading reports, not sure if Liuget would fit in a 3-4. I would much rather draft Reed or if we do D-line in the 1st then Cameron Heyward would be a better choice. The target a Guard in the 2nd. With Watkins, Cannon, and Hudson off the board, could go after James Carpenter. It may be a reach in the 2nd round but he is supposed to fit in a zone blocking scheme like the Pack use and Colledge is probably gone and I wouldn't be too sure of Lang playing so picking a guard makes sense.

Actually, i'd be surprised if the Packers go the whole draft without grabbing a guard at some point... The one guy I had them taking went early, so I just kinda gave them a more defensive oriented draft.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I have to give you much credit for doing this for five rounds. Good show. As for the Chiefs round 1 pick, I can't see them going for anyone with character issues. They do need help in the nose tackle department, but I see them picking a WR in the first round or possibly trading down. All of the good/great first round talent on the DL will be gone before the Chiefs ever get on the board.

Personally If we can't take Hayward imo we should then make a move for Marcus Cannon. He looks like he will be a beast in the NFL and would fit well in the Packers Oline.

I also love the Moch pick I think a lot of teams are going to struggle with his speed and pass rushing ability with Clay on the other side.

Good mock DMAC