Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

McNabb to Minnesota?

Eric Edholm of Pro Football Weekly writes that there is a "growing sense" that the Vikes will go after McNabb in trade, and he reiterates the idea that a conditional 2012 pick could be the price that gets the deal done. Edholm adds over the past two offseasons, McNabb was thought to be the backup plan for the team if a certain Mississippi-based QB didn't sign on.

So, whenever player movement is allowed, expect this to heat up. Scribes from nearly every media outlet have linked the two sides, so unless they've whiffed in their reporting thus far in the offseason, it seems as though there is definitely something there.

I personally believe that the Minnesota Vikings shouldn't trade for Donovan McNabb because of his age and that they should both draft a QB and sign a decent and experienced QB in free agency as a "bridge".

Edited by CARDINALOFWISDOM
  • Downvote 1

I think McNabb's done, but this would more than likely put them comfortably in second in the division with the possibility of challenging for the title.

As a Packer fan. I love this. McNabb is more likely to throw into the turf than he is to his receivers.

• Downvote 1

I think McNabb's done, but this would more than likely put them comfortably in second in the division with the possibility of challenging for the title.

:rofl: Even with McNabb, the Vikes are looking at 4th in the division.

• Downvote 3

I'd take McNabb over ANY QB in this years draft or over any of the other FA QB options.

:rofl: Even with McNabb, the Vikes are looking at 4th in the division.

Your homerism is hilarious. The team isn't that bad...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd take McNabb over ANY QB in this years draft or over any of the other FA QB options.

I agree 100%

I'm hoping Tennessee tries picking him up, because I think he has a couple of years left.

Honestly, he could do well for Minny, but I don't think it would be a great move. They need a new guy, a fresh face who they can integrate and work with over a very long period of time.

Maybe for a year... possibly two. But the draft is the way to go for long term solutions... I understand the vikings are starting to age and their window is closing (has it already), so I understand going for a vet. But the Vikes NEED a guy on the bench who is going to be your future. If not this year, it HAS to be next year.

Your homerism is hilarious. The team isn't that bad...

Their D is a complete mess outside of the LB core, Winfield and KWill(who will be gone for 4 games). Their O-line needs work, and their best WR is still questionable if he stays with the team or not. Now look at the rest of the division, who can they beat? Possibly the Bears if they fall apart which is possible but they can't beat the Packers or the Lions. The Lions are going to be pretty dangerous if Stafford can stay healthy and if they can improve their LB core.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Downvote 1

I love how everyone forgets about Joe Webb. *sigh*

Maybe for a year... possibly two. But the draft is the way to go for long term solutions... I understand the vikings are starting to age and their window is closing (has it already), so I understand going for a vet. But the Vikes NEED a guy on the bench who is going to be your future. If not this year, it HAS to be next year.

Well, yeah...I figured that went without saying. I'd take Ponder or Dalton in the late 1st or early 2nd over any of these so-called "top" Qb prospects.