seanbrock

Sean's 3rd Mock

:panthers: - Cam Newton, A lot of people are projecting Gabbert here, but Newton has a better body of work and it's a misconception that Newton is so much less polished than Gabbert imo. I know the Panthers have Claussen, but they have a new HC now and there's a good chance he'll want his QB.

:Broncos: - Marcell Dareus, eventhough CB is a big need for the Broncos and Peterson is the best CB prospect since Champ Bailey himself, but They have nobody at defensive tackle now. Dareus is a great way to start the front for Fox's 4-3 defense.

:Bills: - Patrick Peterson, The biggest needs for the Buffalo Bills is strengthening both sides of the ball up front, but with Dareus off the board and Bowers free falling down draft boards the Bills go with the bpa if they don't end up trading out of this spot. I think the QB's at the top of round 2 will be about as good as the ones in the top of the first.

:Bengals: - AJ Green, The Bengals are going to need a QB, but it looks like they're trying to trade Palmer and get a veteran or a guy like Kolb or Matt Flynn. If that's true, AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham would be a great start for a corps of weapons for your new QB.

:Cardinals: - Von Miller, This has been the easiest pick so far to project. The Cardinals need a pass rush bad and Miller WILL provide that. A very polished prospect coming out of college who has done nothing but the right things during the draft process.

:Browns: - Robert Quinn, who know's where Quinn would be projected had he played football in 2010. The Browns get a nice little steal at the 6th spot in the draft in Quinn and a perfect solution to the personnel shift going on in Cleveland

:49ers: - Blaine Gabbert, The 49ers brought in Harbaugh because he's good at developing QB's. He'll have his hands full with Gabbert but this is a great spot for Gabbert to land if Harbaugh is as good as advertised. Only time will tell

:Titans: - Prince Amukamara, The Titans are weakest on the offensive line and in the defensive backfield Prince would be the best DB in the draft in 9 out of 10 classes and may be the best in this draft class. With the big 2 QB's off the board and no Offensive linemen worth taking here this is a no brainer.

:Cowboys: - Jimmy Smith, I know this might seem like a reach, but talent wise Smith has the chops to be a top ten talent. The Cowboys aren't afraid to take chances on players with red flags when it comes to character and this move could pay off handsomely. Smith is touted by many as the best man coverage corner in this draft.

:Redskins: - Aldon Smith, if the Skins stay at 10 they don't reach so far for a NT which is their biggest need and Trent Williams will get another year. The Skins won't want to pay Jamaal Brown and draft a RT in the top 10. Aldon Smith and Brian Orakpo could be an absolutely deadly pass rushing duo.

:Texans: - Nick Fairley, hey, the guy has a ton of red flags so far, but falling to 12 is good value for the Texans at this point. The big 3 CB's are all gone. Fairley will play 3-4 DE and UT for the Texans and hopefully become a difference maker like he's capable of

:Vikings: - Tyron Smith, offensive line and quarterback are clearly the Vikings biggest needs. McKinnie and Loadholt are both awful. Whichever side Smith plays on he will be a big upgrade for the Vikings offensive line.

:Lions: - Julio Jones, I've mocked him here before and I think the Lions will take Jones or trade back rather than reach for a player of need. You could argue Carimi or Aaron Williams here, but both would be massive reaches. Detroit needs another guy opposite Megatron and Jones could be another deadly weapon for Stafford.

:Rams: - JJ Watt, he has the pass rush ability to be a LDE in the 4-3 but the size to be dominant against the run. He and Chris Long could very definitely raise hell in the NFCW and make Spags' defense look a little like it did in 2008 when they won the Super Bowl

:dolphins: - Mark Ingram, It's possible that Miami might lose both Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams next year, so they grab the best RB in the draft. Great landing spot for Ingram. Miami's offensive line will pave the way for him to be a 1000 yard rusher probably from day one.

:jags: - Christian Ponder, The Jags have big needs all over their defense, but their biggest need is QB and Ponder's stock has been soaring, so the Jags try to get their franchise QB here and see if they can get some defensive help later in the draft which they should be able to

:Patriots: - Nate Solder, might seem like a reach at this point, but the Patriots have time to really develop Solder from a raw athletic tackle to the dominant player he can be and just in enough time to ship out Matt Light. The Pats are genius

:Chargers: - Cameron Jordan, The Chargers have some of the worst 3-4 DE's in the entire league. Upgrading this position is a huge priority for the Chargers and they get a pretty damn good player in Cameron Jordan.

:Giants: - Derrick Sherrod, the Giants LT situation was a complete mess last year and if Sherrod can play to his potential the Giants offensive line looks really scary because everyone but the LT on that line is very, very good.

:Bucs: - Ryan Kerrigan, Kerrigan is the steal of the draft at this point. Definitely my favorite prospect in the first round. He has the production and credentials from the draft process to go top 15 in my opinion. Great find by the Bucs for sure. He's going to raise hell with those two young DT's

:Chiefs: - Anthony Castanzo, I almost went Carimi here but the Chiefs need a LT. Brandon Albert would be much better suited kicking inside to guard or to the other side at RT. Castanzo is much more of a prototypical LT than Albert or Carimi

:Colts: - Corey Liuget, This is the perfect pick for the Colts here. Liuget fits the tampa 2 like a glove and will add his talents to an already ferocious pair of DE's. Probably top pair in the NFL as far as 4-3's go

:Eagles: - Gabe Carimi, Fits the Eagles way too perfectly to pass up. He can start at either RG or RT from day 1 and be an immediate upgrade to our offensive line. Reid will be salivating over Carimi's size and versatility. I think the Eagles find a way to make this work on draft day

:Saints: - Da'Quan Bowers, this guy could end up being a huge steal or a colossal mistake, but the Saints need another pass rusher opposite Will Smith and Bowers certainly fits that bill. He should bring instant help to one of the worst pass rushing teams in all of football

:Seahawks: - Mike Pouncey, Another piece to add to the line with Okung being the top pick last year. Might not be Hutchinson and Jones, but it still can be pretty damn good. The Seahawks must get better at run blocking and Pouncey can do that for them.

:Ravens: - Justin Houston, The Ravens have Suggs and he's a great pass rusher, but the Ravens could definitely stand to get more pressure and Houston could get around the edge very quickly in the Ravens 3-4. This would be an excellent pick

:Falcons: - Aaron Williams, been a long time since a DB came off the board and the Falcons need help in the secondary. Williams probably ends up a safety in the end but he's still a very good DB that is worthy of the selection

:Patriots: - Brandon Harris, The Pats get another good young CB to pair with McCourtey in the Miami stand out, Brandon Harris, as much as I hate to say it but get ready for another couple super bowls from this assholes because they have set themselves up way too well

:Bears: - Benjamin Ijalana, This pick isn't even questionable, it has to be a LT. Forte and Cutler are the Bears biggest assets and they're effectively rendered useless by a horrible offensive line. Hopefully this works better than past experiments

:Jets: - Adrian Clayborne, Rex Ryan doesn't have a lot of pass rushers, but a really talented one drops in their laps and they have to jump on it. Clayborne has bust potential, but at 30 there's just way too much value here to pass up on

:Steelers: - Phil Taylor, The rest of the league just went, seriously, wtf guys? Phil Taylor becomes the heir apparent to Big Snack and Ziggy moves to DE. Perfect move for a LeBeau ran defense. It all starts up front. LeBeau knows this and it's why he's owned the leagues offenses for the past 10 years

:Packers: - Stefen Wisniewski, if the Packers want to repeat it would definitely help to be better on the offensive line. Wisniewski probably won't start off the bat, but for now he provides depth and and eventual replacement for College.

Edited by seanbrock

Unless Amukamara plays Strong safety (which I'm not sure if he does) then this isn't a good pick for the titans.. We have two good/great CBs(Finnegan, and Verner) and good nickels (Mccourty and Fuller). Fairley would have been a better pick IMO.

My comments:

-Doubt the Cowboys take Jimmy Smith over Tyron Smith. From what I've heard, they really like him and Jimmy Smith in top 10 with all of his character concerns would be a huge reach.

-I think if Bowers is still on the board we will take him over Kerrigan.

-Ingram and Ponder going in the mid 1st round seems a bit too high for them.

-I doubt Akeem Ayers falls out of the 1st round. I think the Patriots or Jets will take him if he gets to their picks.

Solid mock overall though.

Unless Amukamara plays Strong safety (which I'm not sure if he does) then this isn't a good pick for the titans.. We have two good/great CBs(Finnegan, and Verner) and good nickels (Mccourty and Fuller). Fairley would have been a better pick IMO.

Nah, Prince will be playing corner for a long time.

Wisniewski... are you fucking serious? Worst mock I've seen this offseason. Holy fuck.

• Upvote 1

Wisniewski... are you fucking serious? Worst mock I've seen this offseason. Holy fuck.

I don't think I've seen a single mock in which you are happy with the Packer's pick lol

The Texans are historically against picking any players that have character issues, and they always draft by need. Unless the Texans convert Antonio Smith to a nose tackle, they will not be drafting a 3-4 defensive end in the first round.

The way you have your board falling puts the Texans in a rough spot, and they'd probably look into trading down but if they couldn't I'd say Ryan Kerrigan would have to be the pick there.

I don't think I've seen a single mock in which you are happy with the Packer's pick lol

I'd be fine with Brooks Reed... I'd be OKAY with Cam Heyward.. I don't think he is doing anything in the NFL AND we won't take him, but at least the pick makes sense.

If you were to project a trade backwards... I would love you forever.

EDIT: Akeem Ayers would make sense too.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I'd be alright with ending up with Jones. No complaints here for that considering the players who are off the board... Outside of the fact that I highly doubt the Lions will let Bowers fall past them. A lot of reaches though...

CB isn't that big of a need anymore. Champ is coming back, Perrish Cox isn't going to jail, Squid and Cassius Vaughan look like good nickel and dime options. Dareus is still the perfect mix of BPA and need for us.

If Gabbert is there at 6, then someone will trade up.(Titans seem interested)

The Falcon's wont pick a corner in the first round.

Justin Houston... Ehhh. If we're taking a LB of any sort it will probably be Akeem Ayers to play on the inside. Derrick Sherrod, Brandon Harris, Cameron Heyward, Muhammad Wilkerson, Leonard Hankerson along side Ayers for our 1st.