Sign in to follow this  
AL_Royalty

Cam's million dollar lies

Check out this article that I found. There's a fan offering Cam Newton $1,000,000 to take a lie detector test.

Cam Link

That's just funny.

Cam Newton’s about to sign for $30 million guaranteed, so taking one million to relive this whole college pay-for-play mess is not worth his time.

I love how the writer right here is basically explaining how useless the story is that he's reporting.

I love how the writer right here is basically explaining how useless the story is that he's reporting.

It's only useless because Cam knows he can't pass the test. If I was under all of this scrutiny and in the midst of the controversy that he's in, I'd want to clear my name for free, let alone for a cool mil. That's just me though...

It's only useless because Cam knows he can't pass the test. If I was under all of this scrutiny and in the midst of the controversy that he's in, I'd want to clear my name for free, let alone for a cool mil. That's just me though...

That still wouldn't shut up the haters, so why even worry about it? Reputation? Forget that, his rep lies in the stat book. Plus, if he is successful in the NFL.. nobody will end up caring. Look at Reggie Bush.

Man, some people care too much about sports. Like that 'Bama fan who poisoned the trees at Auburn. What a waste of human life.

What I can't stand about people who support college ball is that when you ask, they also say that they like it because it's more pure. The kids are playing for fun, etc etc. That's a load of crap. The sport it dirty, top to bottom. Players get paid to play, coaches overlook infractions every day, every year. Maybe some of the littler schools are a tad more "legit", but these big time schools who are at the top year after year after year.... The fix is in. The little guys don't have much of a chance at all.

joker-sarcastic-clap1.gif?w=390&h=269

Who cares... I mean, I find it interesting for a day... But everyone drags it on and on. What I can't stand about people who support college ball is that when you ask, they also say that they like it because it's more pure. The kids are playing for fun, etc etc. That's a load of crap. The sport it dirty, top to bottom. Players get paid to play, coaches overlook infractions every day, every year. Maybe some of the littler schools are a tad more "legit", but these big time schools who are at the top year after year after year.... The fix is in. The little guys don't have much of a chance at all.

Most people I know love college football for reasons other than "it's more pure". I would say those who love college football love the atmosphere created with school pride, the rivalries, he massive crowds. Also, people love the styles of play that provide for more highlight reel plays, plays that generally aren't seen in the NFL b/c they wouldn't work at the level.

You're basically assuming that "All of College is dirty" and furthering that note with, "It's all dirty, so what does it matter?" Think about those statements for a second. Lemme guess, you're one of those people who also assume that every player who hits more than 20 homeruns a season uses steroids?

College sports, football in particular, is about how much cheating you can do and get away with. And I am not saying pro sports are totally legit, because that wouldn't be true. I just get sick of college fans living in this bubble of ignorance. And I am not talking about you specifically, btw. Just other college fans I've talked to and whatnot over the years.

That statement is 10-times more retarded than any in ur previous quoted paragraph. What planet do you live on? Who the hell are these 'tard college fans you happen to be talking to over the years?

But anyway... all those guys and their transgressions will fade in time. I don't think 3-5 years from not, anyone is gonna give two hoots about the Newton family selling their son to Gene Chizik. Why? Because the story made it's run, and there will be some other dumb mother fucker who got caught and we will be obsessing over.

Went a little off track there... but hopefully you can swim through the manure to find the gold nugget.

That's interesting...seeing how it took less than 3 years for Reggie Bush to be wiped out College Football history b/c of his bullshit.

Are there thousands of players who've done some shit that would technically make them ineligible to play, all over college football? Of course. Not all schools look the other way when it comes to player misconduct, agents, and boosters...but I would say there's at least a dozen bigger schools that do. But to assume that the entire sport is dirty & hence the dirty players on the front pages of the newspaper should be left alone....SMH....

Cam Newton's celebrity, Heisman, and Draft Status is why there's fans still calling for his head. His name wasn't randomly picked from a hat containing names of college players who reportedly got involved with some illegal activities.