Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Falcons trying to trade up in the top ten.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer is the latest NFL insider to report the Falcons are looking to trade into the top-seven for a shot at A.J. Green, Julio Jones, and Patrick Peterson.

GM Thomas Dimitroff is reported to be "aggressively" targeting an offensive or defensive playmaker, and he's talking with the Cardinals (No. 5), Browns (No. 6), and 49ers (No. 7). While Glazer is the third insider to report on the Falcons' desire to deal up, D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta-Journal Constitution insists it's "not happening" because Dimitroff won't "mortgage the future." For what it's worth, Roddy White tweeted that the trade is "not gone happen." Related: Falcons, Julio Jones, Patrick PetersonSource: Jay Glazer on Twitter

If they traded up and got AJ Green/Julio Jones, him and Roddy White would be a very scary WR duo for years to come. I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

It could happen. I get the point that he won't "mortgage the future" but they aren't that far away from having a very serious run at the Super Bowl. As a Buc I'd hate to see us go against Roddy and A.J./Julio, or Peterson for that matter.

Getting a Wide Receiver might just be a good move for the falcons, they need quality picks, not just quantity.

Calling the scenario "likely," Jay Glazer predicted late Thursday afternoon that the Falcons would trade up to No. 6 to draft WR Julio Jones.

Glazer confirmed previous reports by SI's Peter King and NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora that the Falcons are trying "very strongly" to move up, and now he's going a step further. Glazer believes the trade has a "very strong" chance of happening as long as Jones or A.J. Green is there when the Browns go on the clock. Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff has been aggressively pursuing an offensive playmaker as the missing piece on his contending roster. Related: Falcons, Browns Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

LMAO. The Falcons just got Mike Holmgren's dick inserted in their ass. haha.

LMAO. The Falcons just got Mike Holmgren's dick inserted in their ass. haha.

Well they did give up a lot no doubt. But as a rival fan, to think of matching up against Roddy White, Gonzo AND Julio Jones. FML.

all I can say is holy shit, enough compensation? The Browns have serious firepower in some really good drafts.

I am new here but here's my thoughts on the deal. As much as I like Jones I just feel Atlanta gave up way too much to be honest on this one.

Agreed. Falcons gave up way too much in this trade. Jones and White are gonna be ridiculous together though.

Good trade Falcons!! :clap:

I definitely think it was a good deal for the Falcons. They don't need a lot of picks to build their team. They're better off with that one elite player to put them over the top than all the late draft picks. I'd say this was a trade that worked out for both teams involved.

With this pick, the Falcons obviously believe they are a legit Superbowl contender, and they very well could be. Like blotsfan said they wanted something to put them over the top and in that upper echelon of teams. However, I still think they need to upgrade their defensive line and cornerbacks. Other than that they're really set to go the distance.