Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

NFL Power Rankings

I know,I know... It's a really odd time to be doing power rankings. But I'd like to do them now, because the last time it was updated on the front page was after the regular season ended. Looks weird to have the last update being 4 months ago. Plus we never did rankings after the Super Bowl.

So... Let's do em' now :). You can rank teams however you want. If you want to base it off last years standings, go ahead. If you want to do it on how teams look now after the draft go ahead. Your criteria, your rankings.

I have work in less than an hour, so I will be posting mine later. DO IT LIVE. And I appreciate all who submit their rankings.

1. New England Patriots - Since 2009, I've been anticipating that the 2011 season is where the Pats could have a great shot at returning to glory. The youth on the team will be a year older, the secondary will be significantly improved as will the running game, and key players such as Leigh Bodden and Ty Warren will be back. Simply put, this team will be fucking dangerous.

2. Atlanta Falcons - Matty Ice & Co. are primed for a legit Super Bowl run

3. Philadelphia Eagles - They kinda remind me of the Pats with how they achieved more than they should have in a semi-rebuilding year. I think they're in for a 12-13 win season with a great chance to make it to the SB

4. Green Bay Packers - Still gonna be an excellent team, but repeating, especially in the NFL, is ridiculously tough

5. Indianapolis Colts - They'll be a significantly better team this year as long as they can stay healthy

6. Pittsburgh Steelers - Great team year in and year out, but it should be interesting to see how they do this year as the loser of the SB typically doesn't fair too well the following season.

7. New Orleans Saints - I see them bouncing back nicely after that loss to Seattle. Not high on Mark Ingram, but the Cam Jordan pick was an absolute steal.

8. Kansas City Chiefs - I don't think they're a one-year wonder like the 2009 Bungles were. This is a really exciting team on the rise. Could actually make some noise in the postseason this year.

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Another team on the rise. The NFC South is going to be a fucking dogfight this season.

10. Baltimore Ravens - Kind of unsure about the Raisins. Team is a relatively old, and the window seems to be closing a bit. And Joe Flacco sucks. Adequate game manager at best.

11. NY Giants - Had a great draft, and could propel them to have a solid season.

12. San Diego Chargers - If they have some luck on their side, and maybe a little discipline... and maybe Norv Turner starts coaching like a decent HC.... they maybe they could do something productive this season.

13. Dallas Cowboys - Still a very talented team... just need to get some good chemistry going on and actually put the work in instead of thinking it'll come automatically. Garrett should do a good job of making sure that happens.

14. NY Jets - They're coming off a season where they suffered a 2nd consecutive AFC Championship defeat. A bit demoralizing, no? In addition, they'll most likely be losing a few key players this offseason. Not to mention, they had all the luck in the world last year. I don't think they'll be as fortunate this season.

15. Chicago Bears - Honestly, I can't figure out the Bears. I just can't.

16. Houston Texans - I don't think they did enough to address the secondary issues in the draft. I don't see them getting over the hump for awhile.

17. Minnesota Vikings - That was a season from hell last year for the Vikes. Hard to have much success when so much crazy shit happens during the course of the season. They should be much better this year.

18. Detroit Lions - They were much better than their record indicated last season. Should be a fun team to watch this season

19. Oakland Raiders - Al Davis is still pretty much holding that team from going places.

20. Jacksonville Jaguars - Nearly won the division last year, but it mainly was because of luck, and the rest of the division being mediocre. I still love me some MJD.

21. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford is pretty fucking amazing, but like... the rest of the team kinda blows. Not to mention Steven Jackson is essentially deteriorating.

22. Cleveland Browns - Really like Colt McCoy's potential. Hillis was a beast last season, but I'm not sure if he can repeat the success that he had last year... especially with the Madden Curse being in effect lol.

23. San Francisco 49ers - Have a bit of a feeling that the Niners could be a bit of a surprise team in 2011. If not, they'll suck an extreme amount of ass lol.

24. Denver Broncos - The team is automatically better without that tool McDaniels being gone.

25. Tennessee Titans - Not really sure what to think about the Titans... especially with a new HC, and a new QB.

26. Washington Redskins - With the Donovan McNabb experience being over, they should be a little improved lol.

27. Buffalo Bills - Not a terrible team overall... they have some potential.

28. Miami Dolphins - If I was a Fins fan, I'd be praying that they'd tank for Andrew Luck.

29. Seattle Seahawks - Hawks had a pretty brutal draft. But, with the joke of a division that they're in, they'll still be awfully competitive.

30. Arizona Cardinals - In for a long rebuilding phase if you ask me.

31. Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green is gonna be a stud, but I don't understand all of the love for Andy Dalton. IMO, he's gonna pan out as one of the worst QBs in this draft

32. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton as the Panthers' leader for 2011. Oh my. Get your popcorn ready.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Guest Durant4MVP

I really want to do this but things are going to change so much if/when free agency starts that I don't even know where to rank anyone.

I really want to do this but things are going to change so much if/when free agency starts that I don't even know where to rank anyone.

I kinda feel the same way, but I imagine we'll re-do rankings after free agency happens. In the meantime, I'll edit this post later with my rankings.

My Top 10

1. Atlanta Falcons

2. Greenbay Packers

3. New England Patriots

4. Pittsburgh Steelers

5. Indianapolis Colts

?

6. New Orleans Saints

7. New York Jets

8. Philadelphia Eagles ( Not sold on them, strongly believe they will do worse this year and I think I still have them ranked a bit higher than they should be.)

9. San Diego Chargers

10. Chicago Bears

Trust me.. If i knew that FA would start shortly, I would hold it off. But who knows. If we get word soon that FA will open up, I will just extend voting time for this until all the big names are signed somewhere. Otherwise, you can just hold off your vote for our pre-season rankings. Thanks for the concern though.

--------------------------------------

1. Green Bay

2. Pittsburgh

3. New York Jets

4. Baltimore

5. Atlanta

6. New England

7. Indianapolis

8. New Orleans

9. Chicago

10. Philadelphia

11. New York Giants

12. Kansas City

13. Tampa Bay

14. San Diego

15. Oakland

16. Dallas

17. Houston

18. Detroit

19. Cleveland

20. Jacksonville

21. Seattle

22. St. Louis

23. San Fran

24. Tennessee

25. Minnesota

26. Washington

27. Denver

28. Carolina

29. Arizona

30. Miami

31. Cincinnati

32. Buffalo

1. Green Bay Packers-Repeating is hard to do but the Packers have a loaded roster. Really only have one hole on the team, which is left guard.

2. New England Patriots-Havn't done too much is terms of playoff success in recent years but are a really young team that should only improve

3. Pittsburgh Steelers-Corner position is a bit of a concern with Ike Taylor potentially leaving but their front 7 just got even nastier with Heyward.

4. Baltimore Ravens-Added Jimmy Smith which will help and Torrey Smith will help that WR corp that has hurt them in the past. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed will have this team fired up to give them one last shot at a ring

5. New York Jets

6. New Orleans Saints-Get Pierre Thomas back along with Mark Ingram so Brees doesn't have to carry his team as much.

7. Philadelphia Eagles-Improved the o-line and the safety position but seems like they are set on going after Aso to pair with Asante.

8. Atlanta Falcons- May have added another toy for Ryan but that defense was torn apart by Rodgers in the playoffs and they did not address it enough.

9. Indianapolis Colts

10. San Diego Chargers

11. New York Giants

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Don't really agree with them not adding a CB with the whole Talib situation but they have a lot of youth and are highly motivated under Morris. Unfortunately for them, they play in the NFC South which looks to be the hardest division.

13. Kansas City Chiefs

14. Detroit Lions

15. Dallas Cowboys

16. Houston Texans

17. Oakland Raiders

18. Dallas Cowboys

19. St. Louis Rams

20. Cleveland Browns

21. San Francisco 49ers

22. Jacksonville Jaguars

23. Seattle Seahawks

24. Tennessee Titans

25. Washington Redskins

26. Miami Dolphins

27. Buffalo Bills

28. Denver Broncos

29. Minnesota Vikings

30. Cincinnati Bengals

31. Arizona Cardinals

32. Carolina Panthers

• Downvote 1

I'll do a top 5 for now, maybe edit the rest in later.

1. Green Bay Packers - GB probably has the most stacked roster in the NFL. In the past decade I don't think I've ever seen a team more prepared to repeat than this. Plus, the way TT built this team will help them withstand a lockout.

2. Atlanta Falcons - The addressed issues in the draft that will help them in next year's season. They're one of my top picks to go to the SB next year.

3. Baltimore Ravens - I think this is the year that they finally make it to the SB. They need Joe Flacco to play his best obviously, and I think they drafted well enough to help him do that.

4. New England Patriots - The usual. Excellent draft, will probably have an excellent regular season next year, will probably not make it to the SB but as of now they're my 4th best team.

5. Pittsburgh Steelers - They're probably one of the few teams who can survive the SB losers curse. Their team is also built to withstand the lockout.

• Downvote 1

29th ? and 25th ?

Can't wait till the Vikings prove all of the packers fans wrong.

29th ? and 25th ?

Where do you suggest they go?

• Downvote 1

Why is everybody so high on the Falcons? That D was trashed and they didn't even bother addressing it.

You add big play capability with Julio Jones..to an offense that absolutely had NONE before..you create a dynamic offense..it's going to be tough to gameplan against Turner, Julio, Roddy, and Tony G for anyone...not to mention if you throw in change of pace runners like Snelling and Jacquizz. T-Diddy has made a statement by trading for Julio, and I know for a fact that the Falcons will go after Ray Edwards or Charles Johnson HARD, if the opportunity allows it.

Where do you suggest they go?

17. Minnesota Vikings - That was a season from hell last year for the Vikes. Hard to have much success when so much crazy shit happens during the course of the season. They should be much better this year

• Downvote 2

17. Minnesota Vikings - That was a season from hell last year for the Vikes. Hard to have much success when so much crazy shit happens during the course of the season. They should be much better this year

Outside of the stadium collapsing, you started a 41 year old QB, did you expect the same as 09'?

Does Christian Ponder really upgrade your offense that much?

Dont get me wrong, Im not disagreeing with you. I would put them in that 17-20 range too. I just disagree with your reasoning

I dunno why everyone is on Atlanta's nuts. Top 10? Yea, but not 1, 2, or 3. I mean they added NO DB help in the draft after getting annihilated by the Packers last year in the playoffs. They traded and mortgaged their draft for a WR that, let's face it, yea he is a workout warrior and looks good in shorts, but the guy struggles at times to do the one thing that his position requires him to do best...catch the ball.

Hell it was the first time I actually agreed with Gruden in a long time. When the pick was made Gruden basically said "the problem with this guy here, this guy right here has trouble catching the football."

I know my hatred for the Falcons is well documented and even so I still will give props where props are due, but IMO they are getting overrated.

Just sayin'.

:shrug:

29th ? and 25th ?

No Pat Williams, no Kevin Williams for 4 weeks, Rice may leave, that o-line is weak in the middle, that secondary is atrocious, they have some very tough opponents in the division and will be playing the NFC South. They are going to be throwing out a rookie QB that is missing rookie orientation and OTAs right now, and may even miss some training camp if a CBA isn't settled soon. Need more? And :rofl: at being butthurt from me ranking them low when they have yet to show that they will be improved.

As for ATL, Julius Jones and Jaquizz does improve that offense but that defense was torn apart. Their best pass rusher got juked by Aaron Rodgers multiple times. The Packers didn't even punt a single time that game, GB WRs were open all the time, they do have an up and coming CB in Grimes but other than him that secondary is lacking. It wasn't just the Packers that exposed that defense, Kolb did a pretty good number on them as well. Ray Edwards may be able to help but he is going to demand a lot of money.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

As for ATL, Julius Jones and Jaquizz does improve that offense but that defense was torn apart. Their best pass rusher got juked by Aaron Rodgers multiple times. The Packers didn't even punt a single time that game, GB WRs were open all the time, they do have an up and coming CB in Grimes but other than him that secondary is lacking. It wasn't just the Packers that exposed that defense, Kolb did a pretty good number on them as well. Ray Edwards may be able to help but he is going to demand a lot of money.

The reasoning for our defensive problems methinks is our coordinator..we have plenty of guys capable of getting pressure on the QB, he just fucking sucks at scheming, and that's how it's been ever since Patrick Kerney left. So..the only way to fix it really is to get a FA DE or two to help. Our secondary is not bad whatsoever..Brent Grimes and Dunta are capable CB's, but when you get stranded out on an island for too long without any help...well you're gonna get butthurt.