Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Redskins to spend big in free agency

Per Rotoworld.com:

Citing people inside the organization, the Washington Post reports that the Redskins have "money to spend" and are "champing at the bit" to use it in unrestricted free agency.

Some of the top free agent names linked to Washington are CB Nnamdi Asomugha and DE Corey Williams, as well as QB Vince Young after he's released. The Redskins, of course, have a long history of big free agent spending under owner Dan Snyder, although new GM Bruce Allen was supposed to scale that back. After an impressive, rebuilding-heavy draft, it sounds like Allen and Mike Shanahan still have designs on winning now. May 11, 3:55 PM

Source: Washington Post

NO. WAY.

Redskins spending lots and lots of money on FA? I need a moment to compose myself..... :heat:

Not a surprise. I'm curious what makes them think spending big on FA all the time is a winning strategy when they've done nothing but lose for so long. I'd sure hate to be a Redskins fan and I'm glad Bruce Allen is no longer the Bucs GM.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Redskins GM Bruce Allen confirmed a Washington Post report that the Skins plan to be aggressive in free agency.

According to the Post, the Skins have "significant" cap space in the event of a new CBA, and are poised to use it. "We ... will be able to be as aggressive as any team in the league based on what the rules are," Allen said. Targets for Washington are expected to include Nnamdi Asomugha, Cullen Jenkins, and Aubrayo Franklin. They should also be active on the quarterback market. May 20, 3:12 PM

Source: Washington Post

This is just further proof the world is NOT going to end tomorrow. Now...if the Redskins had said they WON'T be aggressive in free agency, that'd be a fuckin sign if I ever saw one.

Redskins spending money in free agency... wow. Now if Rex Ryan could stop "guaranteeing" Jets Super Bowl wins all would be right in the world.

I still see only Asamougha being the big name player that we will sign. As of right now, I still feel as though McNabb will be back in the B&G. The only people who have been talking about him leaving has been the media. I have heard nothing from Shanahan or Allen even close to saying McNabb is done in DC.

I still see only Asamougha being the big name player that we will sign. As of right now, I still feel as though McNabb will be back in the B&G. The only people who have been talking about him leaving has been the media. I have heard nothing from Shanahan or Allen even close to saying McNabb is done in DC.

Aso is going to sign with a winner. He would just stay in California if he wants to collect checks.

Also... how can the Redskins say they have money to spend before we know anything about the salary cap?

Aso is going to sign with a winner. He would just stay in California if he wants to collect checks.

Also... how can the Redskins say they have money to spend before we know anything about the salary cap?

Why must you try and bash my Nnamdi dreams?

The second comment is exactly why I think this rumor is bullshit. You cannot realistically comment on theoretical salary cap space.

Why must you try and bash my Nnamdi dreams?

The second comment is exactly why I think this rumor is bullshit. You cannot realistically comment on theoretical salary cap space.

Because your Nmandi dreams are in direct conflict with my Nmandi dreams. Nothing personal :beerchug2: