Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Joseph, Trueblood want to return to Bucs

Per Rotoworld.com:

Free agents RG Davin Joseph and RT Jeremy Trueblood are both hoping to re-sign with the Buccaneers.

Comprising the right side of the Bucs line for the past five seasons, Joseph and Trueblood have forged a strong bond. Although Trueblood lost his job to James Lee down the stretch, he's considered a better fit for new O-Line coach Pat Morris' power-blocking scheme. Joseph will be one of the better free agent guards available, so the Bucs will have competition for his services. Jun 22, 12:14 PM

Source: Pewter Report

Edited by BLUE

Forget Trueblood. Re-signing Davin Joseph is a MUST!

Must not... there's a reason the bucs had one of the worst offensive lines in the league, and Davin Joseph is not the exception on a terrible line, like a Lyle Sendelin or David Stewart.

I wouldn't say bringing back Joseph is a must, but I would like to have him back. I agree with getting rid of Trueblood though. James Lee is a lot better and took over Trueblood's spot last year.

Edited by GoodellFTL

Umm, I don't know what the two of you are smoking but Joseph is definitely a must. He is one of the best offensive linemen we have. While I like Trueblood as a backup and a guy who can fill a void, he is expendable and we can due without.

Umm, I don't know what the two of you are smoking but Joseph is definitely a must. He is one of the best offensive linemen we have. While I like Trueblood as a backup and a guy who can fill a void, he is expendable and we can due without.

^^^

I really think you'd be better with Derek Hardman or Ted Larsen, they may not be great either, but they're still young and not overhyped. Joseph pretty much gets manhandled by whoever he faces, while Hardman was showing good signs near the end of the season.

I really think you'd be better with Derek Hardman or Ted Larsen, they may not be great either, but they're still young and not overhyped. Joseph pretty much gets manhandled by whoever he faces, while Hardman was showing good signs near the end of the season.

The only way I don't keep Joseph is if it comes at a premium. Yes, he had a poor 2010 season but that doesn't make me forget about how great hes been otherwise since we drafted him. I think the nagging knee injury had a lot to do with his poor play this season.

Ted Larsen at LG yes...definitely. But I think Joseph is our best option at RG and of course only at the right price. I think everyone on the OL will benefit greatly from the new OL Coach.

• Upvote 1

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Pewter Report predicts free agent G Davin Joseph will ultimately re-sign with the Bucs.

The Report's Charle Campbell believes, "JosepPh may be the most likely (Buc) to get a lucrative multi-year contract, and that is what it will probably take to get a deal done." Joseph suffered his second broken foot in three years in 2010, but should draw strong interest on the open market. Jun 25, 12:28 PM

Source: Pewter Report

Per Rotoworld.com:

Re-signing RG Davin Joseph is expected to be the Bucs' No. 1 priority during the 72-hour window for teams to retain their own free agents.

The Bucs believe the underachieving Joseph will be a better fit in new line coach Pat Morris' power-blocking scheme. Joseph often struggled in Pete Mangurian's zone system. To retain Joseph, the Bucs may have to pony up one of the richest contracts for an offensive guard in league history. They have plenty of cap space to do it, of course, and need to at least hit the salary floor. Jul 18, 2:02 PM

Source: St. Petersburg Times

I don't know about giving him one of the biggest contracts for a G in league history, he certainly isn't that good, but I hope he is back. I don't see us being able to replace him with someone better. Hopefully he improves under Pat Morris.