Sign in to follow this  
Titanswin472

A.P. #3 on the top players list?? No, just no

And for the record, I'll take Barry Sanders over any running back past or present.

QFT.

Dickerson was a product of his offensive line. Still a decent back in Indy, but not nearly close to what he was with the Rams O-Line.

I would take Adrian Peterson over Chris Johnson, but I don't think he's the third best player in the league.

And for the record, I'll take Barry Sanders over any running back past or present.

Alexa had another sex change? As stated above, QFT.

• Upvote 1

How? He wasn't even #3 in yards or TDs for all Running backs and you think that he is #3 for all players? Please make sense of that for me.

If this was a best stats of 2011 list, they could just paste the stat line from ESPN and be done with it. AP is one of the most "total package" type of players in the NFL. He can literally do it all at the RB position. The guy is an absolute beast, and I agree with the others on this: AP > CJ all day.

yeah, this thread needs to be closed. It's pretty clear that it's just Titans fans versus everybody else, and the actual topic was dropped a long time ago.

yeah, this thread needs to be closed. It's pretty clear that it's just Titans fans versus everybody else, and the actual topic was dropped a long time ago.

You've yet to disprove a single thing I've said in this thread, whether it be Barry and Emmitt or CJ and AP.

So, you can continue being butt-hurt over that and crying that the thread needs to be closed, or you can actually try and have a civil debate like I was trying to do.

Your choice, though.

Just curious...how does someone "disprove" a difference of opinion?

Just curious...how does someone "disprove" a difference of opinion?

His post I never took as opinion. He acted like it was 100% truth that AP shit all over CJ and used a comparison that didn't make any sense to me with using Emmitt. So I used statistical facts and opinions of my own to try and show why Barry was above Emmitt and why CJ and AP were pretty much equals.

His post I never took as opinion. He acted like it was 100% truth that AP shit all over CJ and used a comparison that didn't make any sense to me with using Emmitt. So I used statistical facts and opinions of my own to try and show why Barry was above Emmitt and why CJ and AP were pretty much equals.

Quite frankly, I don't care that much about the argument. You didn't post any statistical facts that proved or disproved anything, either. If statistics are fact, then Emmit IS better than Barry. The argument that Barry Sanders was better than Emmitt Smith is pure speculation. Having watched Barry several times, it was clear that there certainly is an argument, but he retired too early for us to know how great he would have been. Could haves, would haves, and should haves are simply that...possibilities.

And as far as AP versus CJ goes, not once did I say that AP "shits all over" CJ. I just said he's better, and the overwhelming support of that claim on this forum nullifies any reason for me to explain why. Watch the two. AP works with less on the line and at QB. He had one year with a good QB. Otherwise, he's had to run while the likes of Tavaris Jackson, Gus Frerotte, and Joe Webb attempt to create a passing game for the Vikings. At least Collins and Young were competent, for the most part. If Minnesota has anything on Tennessee offensively, it's better receivers. We have a shit line, a shit fullback, and more often than not, a shit quarterback. The mere fact that AP still puts up monster numbers is convincing enough for me.

Also, I think we can have this argument civilly, instead of throwing out random insults. I don't recall insulting you in my posts, stop throwing little jabs into yours. It's a simple argument. No need for bad blood.

• Upvote 1

Barry sanders had more rushing yards per season than emmitt. if barry did not retire prematurely like he did he would be the all time rushing king.

Barry sanders had more rushing yards per season than emmitt. if barry did not retire prematurely like he did he would be the all time rushing king.

if he never got injured.

Quite frankly, I don't care that much about the argument. You didn't post any statistical facts that proved or disproved anything, either. If statistics are fact, then Emmit IS better than Barry. The argument that Barry Sanders was better than Emmitt Smith is pure speculation. Having watched Barry several times, it was clear that there certainly is an argument, but he retired too early for us to know how great he would have been. Could haves, would haves, and should haves are simply that...possibilities.

And as far as AP versus CJ goes, not once did I say that AP "shits all over" CJ. I just said he's better, and the overwhelming support of that claim on this forum nullifies any reason for me to explain why. Watch the two. AP works with less on the line and at QB. He had one year with a good QB. Otherwise, he's had to run while the likes of Tavaris Jackson, Gus Frerotte, and Joe Webb attempt to create a passing game for the Vikings. At least Collins and Young were competent, for the most part. If Minnesota has anything on Tennessee offensively, it's better receivers. We have a shit line, a shit fullback, and more often than not, a shit quarterback. The mere fact that AP still puts up monster numbers is convincing enough for me.

Also, I think we can have this argument civilly, instead of throwing out random insults. I don't recall insulting you in my posts, stop throwing little jabs into yours. It's a simple argument. No need for bad blood.

You said:

Any Titans fan who finds a reason to question anything about Adrian Peterson, who is undoubtedly the greatest tailback this league has seen since Emmitt, is obviously trying to fathom the undeniable truth that AP is better than CJ.

You said it was an undeniable truth, which is what I was getting at..anyway:

When comparing Emmitts and Barry's prime years, and the team each of them had around them, I don't think you could argue against Barry, given he had better stats/tied stats/whatever with a much worse team. That just kinda says, to me at least, that Barry > Emmitt. I'm not looking at could haves or would haves, I'm looking at what did happen. And what did happen is Barry did just as well, and arguably better than what Emmitt did on a much worse team. That's fact, that's not opinion.

Now, I guess if you wanted to, you can argue that longevity puts Emmitt over Sanders, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make in my original rebuttal, what I was getting at is that Emmitt wasn't even the best in his time period/prime years, and you were saying that AP was the best we'd seen since Emmitt.

I don't honestly care what an overwhelming majority thinks..just because 90% of NFL fans think Peyton Manning is a top 5 QB all time does not mean I have to agree. Because I don't. Just because most people would take Peyton Manning over Ben Roethlisber doesn't mean I'd have to agree, because again, I don't.

I've stated why I think CJ and AP are in the same class, and have said that neither one is better than the other, it's all depending on the type of back. And you never did post a rebuttal to that, all you've done is said "well we need to close this thread because a Titan fan(or titans fans) thinks that CJ is on par with AP" and "most of the forum thinks AP > CJ, so he's wrong and I don't have to post what I think".

Don't hide behind "most of the forum". Debate for yourself. That's what this is for. The debate isn't between me and "most of the forum". It's between me and you. If others want to join in the debate, so be it, but none have expressed that interest so far.

Prove me wrong. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong in a debate. However, I am of the belief that CJ and AP are 1a and 1b in this league, and from all the watching of both players, all the stats I've read, all the "rest of the offense comparisons" that I've seen, they're pretty much tied.

Both have pretty shitty o-lines, neither one has had much QB help, they only had real help 1 year each, Collins in 08 for CJ and Favre in 09 for AP. Favre's year >> Collins, but Collins did everything asked of him, so that's kind of a moot point I think.

Their best accomplishments is CJ's 2500 total yard season and AP's 1,341 in just 9 games started was quite impressive and his best feat, IMO.

You never directly insulted me, no. However, trying to say "we need to close this because of titans fans trying to disagree with me/others in the thread" is pretty childish.

How the actual topic was dropped long ago is beyond me, given you're the one who started the whole AP vs CJ debate and you're the one who brought up Emmitt, so I'm not even sure WHY you want to try and use that as a reason to close it.

I was actually having fun with the debate, and I was actually pretty disappointed when you stopped responding as it was giving me something to think about football related outside of the lockout.

I'm more than happy to have a civil debate so long as you are.

• Upvote 1

You said:

You said it was an undeniable truth, which is what I was getting at..anyway:

When comparing Emmitts and Barry's prime years, and the team each of them had around them, I don't think you could argue against Barry, given he had better stats/tied stats/whatever with a much worse team. That just kinda says, to me at least, that Barry > Emmitt. I'm not looking at could haves or would haves, I'm looking at what did happen. And what did happen is Barry did just as well, and arguably better than what Emmitt did on a much worse team. That's fact, that's not opinion.

Now, I guess if you wanted to, you can argue that longevity puts Emmitt over Sanders, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make in my original rebuttal, what I was getting at is that Emmitt wasn't even the best in his time period/prime years, and you were saying that AP was the best we'd seen since Emmitt.

I don't honestly care what an overwhelming majority thinks..just because 90% of NFL fans think Peyton Manning is a top 5 QB all time does not mean I have to agree. Because I don't. Just because most people would take Peyton Manning over Ben Roethlisber doesn't mean I'd have to agree, because again, I don't.

I've stated why I think CJ and AP are in the same class, and have said that neither one is better than the other, it's all depending on the type of back. And you never did post a rebuttal to that, all you've done is said "well we need to close this thread because a Titan fan(or titans fans) thinks that CJ is on par with AP" and "most of the forum thinks AP > CJ, so he's wrong and I don't have to post what I think".

Don't hide behind "most of the forum". Debate for yourself. That's what this is for. The debate isn't between me and "most of the forum". It's between me and you. If others want to join in the debate, so be it, but none have expressed that interest so far.

Prove me wrong. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong in a debate. However, I am of the belief that CJ and AP are 1a and 1b in this league, and from all the watching of both players, all the stats I've read, all the "rest of the offense comparisons" that I've seen, they're pretty much tied.

Both have pretty shitty o-lines, neither one has had much QB help, they only had real help 1 year each, Collins in 08 for CJ and Favre in 09 for AP. Favre's year >> Collins, but Collins did everything asked of him, so that's kind of a moot point I think.

Their best accomplishments is CJ's 2500 total yard season and AP's 1,341 in just 9 games started was quite impressive and his best feat, IMO.

You never directly insulted me, no. However, trying to say "we need to close this because of titans fans trying to disagree with me/others in the thread" is pretty childish.

How the actual topic was dropped long ago is beyond me, given you're the one who started the whole AP vs CJ debate and you're the one who brought up Emmitt, so I'm not even sure WHY you want to try and use that as a reason to close it.

I was actually having fun with the debate, and I was actually pretty disappointed when you stopped responding as it was giving me something to think about football related outside of the lockout.

I'm more than happy to have a civil debate so long as you are.

Honestly, I'm always strong with my opinions. I'm happily willing to admit that I'm not always right and that there certainly is a comparison between the two. 1a and 1b is about right, because neither seems to have major injury issues, and that's what would separate them. As far as who's better, it more than likely comes down to personal preference. Do you like a speedy back who is gone if there's no contact or the power back (though AP has jets too, which nobody seems to remember) looking for every ounce of contact he can find. I personally love power football, so to me, AP is the back of choice. I'm the kind of guy who knows exactly what type of player I want at each position. AP fits my running back ideal.

Emmitt vs. Barry is kind of pointless. I regret bringing it up.

• Upvote 1