Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Dolphins, Redskins, Seahawks to pursue Tarvaris Jackson?

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora calls the Dolphins, Redskins, and Seahawks "strong possibilities" to pursue free agent Tarvaris Jackson.

La Canfora foresees a "nice market" for Jackson, despite his inability to keep the starting job in Minnesota. In Jackson's defense, his career stats (24 TDs, 22 INTs, 10-10 record) aren't an embarrassment. His play in prime-time and playoff games, however, has been. He isn't starting material for a contender.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

I didn't realize Jackson was worth pursuing...

I didn't realize Jackson was worth pursuing...

He's got plenty of talent. Had Minny started him all last year, they might have gone 9-7 or 10-6. Probably wouldn't have lost to Chicago either time.

He's got plenty of talent. Had Minny started him all last year, they might have gone 9-7 or 10-6. Probably wouldn't have lost to Chicago either time.

thats bullshit. T jack would of done a lot worse with that line then favre did.

Edited by monstersofthemidway
  • Upvote 1

Surely you mean Joseph Webb?

First Kevin Kolb, then Carson Palmer, and now Tarvaris Jackson. It seems like every time I turn around they're predicting another QB might go to Seattle. It's really getting sort of annoying. Jackson might get a startign job somewhere if he's lucky, but I doubt it'll be in Seattle. The line from the Seahawks has always been that we're going to resign Hasselbeck. Whitehurst may not be the best but he's a solid backup, and he proved he could play against the Rams last year. the way it looks right now it seems like Whitehurst is getting his shot this year, and if that falls through, well, next year's draft has some high-calibur QBs to pick from.

Despite what the NFL Network says, I really don't see that big a 'market' for Jackson anyway. He lost his starting job to a 40 year old, and he couldn't even keep the solid #2 position. They sparted playing Webb over him when Farve got hurt. Even if Jackson has 'some talent', the problem is I don't see many teams having the confidance in him to try starting him.

• Upvote 1

First Kevin Kolb, then Carson Palmer, and now Tarvaris Jackson. It seems like every time I turn around they're predicting another QB might go to Seattle. It's really getting sort of annoying. Jackson might get a startign job somewhere if he's lucky, but I doubt it'll be in Seattle. The line from the Seahawks has always been that we're going to resign Hasselbeck. Whitehurst may not be the best but he's a solid backup, and he proved he could play against the Rams last year. the way it looks right now it seems like Whitehurst is getting his shot this year, and if that falls through, well, next year's draft has some high-calibur QBs to pick from.

Despite what the NFL Network says, I really don't see that big a 'market' for Jackson anyway. He lost his starting job to a 40 year old, and he couldn't even keep the solid #2 position. They sparted playing Webb over him when Farve got hurt. Even if Jackson has 'some talent', the problem is I don't see many teams having the confidance in him to try starting him.

Jackson had a season ending injury. They had Webb and Webb only.

Tarvaris Jackson never did shit in four years here. No reason to revisit history and pretend he would have accomplished anything last year.

ESPN's John Clayton is hearing "increased rumblings" of Tarvaris Jackson landing in Seattle and Matt Hasselbeck signing with the Titans.

Clayton is most reliable on Seahawks news, but it seems as if he's simply passing along league buzz here. Jackson and Hasselbeck have been connected to the Seahawks and Titans respectively for months now. Jackson knows new Seattle coordinator Darrell Bevel's offense, which leaves fewer complications after a lost offseason.

Related: Seahawks, Titans, Matt Hasselbeck

Source: Liz Mathews on Twitter

Free agent Tarvaris Jackson confirmed that he has interest in playing for the Seahawks under new offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

"We had a pretty good relationship, me and Bev did," said Jackson of his relationship with Bevell, the old Vikings playcaller. "... It seems like a pretty good opportunity. I know the offense. That's a plus. Coach Bevell, he's very familiar with me and I'm very familiar with him. So that's always a plus."

Related: Vikings

Source: Seattle Times

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Andrew Luck bound :beerchug2:

Edited by BC

Why? Jackson has always and will always suck.

Now that it's basically official, I foresee this season being similar to Arizona's last season. I hope we don't get the number one pick for Luck because I don't see him being the face of Seattle's franchise. But you never know, that's why you play the seasons.