Sign in to follow this  
Shotgun

Panthers re-sign DeAngelo Williams

Per XMNFLradio, it's a 5 year 43mil deal with 21 mil guaranteed. I'll post a link when there is one.

EDIT:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Carolina and RB DeAngelo Williams reached agreement on a five-year, $43 million deal that includes $21 million in guaranteed money.

Edited by Shotgun

Wow, I thought for sure he was leaving...

Me too. Very surprising.

Holy shit, did anybody see that coming?

Holy shit, did anybody see that coming?

Not in the slightest.

Panthers should be ok or at least better this year. It'd be hard to be worse than they were last year.

I think they are fine with Goodson and Stewart. They gave Williams a pretty big contract too. I don't know why they didn't save that money and maybe find a receiver for Newton to throw to.

Panthers have one of the deepest RB groups in the league. I fail to see why they thought they needed to pour this much money into one guy.

I believe the logic is to keep the deepest RB core in the league to take pressure off of Newton and/or Clausen, if they give Jimmy another shot.

We are spending quite a bit of money though, securing our bases.

As Irish said, it's going to be hard to be worse than we were last year.

(Also, I am back, and very glad we are having football this year. Was rather worried for a few weeks.)

Edited by Thanatos19

I believe the logic is to keep the deepest RB core in the league to take pressure off of Newton and/or Clausen, if they give Jimmy another shot.

That's got to be it. I still think you guys should be spending some money on improving your WR corps though. Newton/Clausen need some guys to throw to. At least Smith is coming back but after him, you guys are lacking depth.

That's got to be it. I still think you guys should be spending some money on improving your WR corps though. Newton/Clausen need some guys to throw to. At least Smith is coming back but after him, you guys are lacking depth.

I agree there.

We've made no moves after wide receivers at all. I was hoping for an attempt at Lance Moore, but I guess he wanted to stay with the Saints. We've needed a #2 receiver for a long time- and it was easily apparent after Seattle kicked our butts in the NFC Championship by triple-teaming Smith. David is not the answer, he's a decent #3, but we need another solid WR.

Having Shockey might help him out, of course, assuming Shockey steps up to the plate. He is kinda a Receiving TE.