Sign in to follow this  
sweetness34

Long exposure waterfall photography

Lately I've been taking a lot of pictures at some of the places near where I live, which happens to be a lot of waterfall shots. Well today I took my new tripod out and experimented with new techniques for me. That is, long exposure shots.

Here are a few of the results,

5983779186_1134a2d07a_b.jpg

5983717896_f6f3240acc_b.jpg

5983716818_57afc9a966_b.jpg

here are few of my other favorite shots so far this summer

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

IMG_4536.jpg

IMG_4481-4.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

just curious as to what you guys think

• Upvote 2

That last one is pretty badass.

Sweetness, I really like the 4th picture that you took. It looks really good using the long exposure technique that you used. :biggrin:

WHAT THE FUCK, WHERE DO YOU LIVE??

if i'm not mistaken he lives in Montana

and thats some nice shots sweetness.

2nd pic FTW.

• Upvote 1

Ahh yes, the joys of living in Montana. We may not have any pro sports teams, but we make up for it with stuff like this. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of whats even in my town. Most of these were taken in Hyalite Canyon, which is maybe a 15 minute drive from my apartment. I've done 3 of the probably 20 different trails in there.

take a fine woman to all these places will be one awesome date

Yeah then have her pose nude in all of your pictures and post them here, I'll grade your photography skills. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

I do all the time ha, It's cheap and it's better than some corny dinner

lmfao I just noticed I got three positive reps in this thread and was like wow, all i said was awesome pictures and I want to live where you live...four fucking times?! Haha you're right BK I guess the lag did hit me.

lmfao I just noticed I got three positive reps in this thread and was like wow, all i said was awesome pictures and I want to live where you live...four fucking times?! Haha you're right BK I guess the lag did hit me.

well that's not fair, I only got one pos rep from this thread and they're my pictures! haha just messin

What type of camera and lens do you have?

Currently all my camera equipment is all hand-me-downs from my dad who upgraded last summer. This camera is probably 4-5 years old.

It's a Canon eos 30D, I have a couple different lenses currently, the one I shoot most with is Canon 28-135mm with an image stabilizer. The image stabilizer on this is the reason it's my favorite lens, not too big of a fan of the range though, not quite good enough for far away, but not wide enough for close up shots.

The other lens I have in my possession is a 300 mm telephoto, no image stabilization makes it tough to use on the fly but it can get mega close up. When I went to Africa last summer I took two lenses, one ten year old wide angle amazing lens, and my telephoto, the wide angle lens broke in the first few days and I was stuck shooting the trip with a telephoto. I got amazing wildlife shots, but people shots were shitty because I couldn't shoot anything too close up.

I'm going home this weekend to raid my dad's old lens collection, I know of a $2,400 lens he has that he doesn't use that I'm probably going to poach.