Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Randy Moss retires

http://espn.go.com/n...-153-touchdowns

Future Hall of Fame receiver Randy Moss has decided to retire rather than continue playing.

"After weighing his options and contemplating offers, he's decided to retire," Moss' agent, Joel Segal, said Monday.

Moss, 34, played 13 seasons, catching 954 passes for 14,858 yards with 153 touchdowns.

Moss split 2010 with the New England Patriots, Minnesota Vikings andTennessee Titans after three full seasons in New England.

He was instrumental to the Patriots' 2007 record-breaking season in which they won 16 straight games before losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl.

Edited by GoodellFTL

Congratulations to one of the best recievers in NFL history. Randy Moss had a fantastic career despite a few shaky seasons and some behavioral problems. You did great work and made fantastic contributions to your teams. We'll miss you up in New England. Have a great, well-earned retirement.

• Upvote 1

Must of only had offers from the crappiest of teams. One of the best receivers in history, but I still have to say good riddance to a classless person.

I was shocked when New England dumped him. It's too bad that the Vikings made that offer, because it completely spoiled the end of his career. Randy was so great in the perfect of situations, but completely useless in other situations. I think that caused other teams to be cautious, only offer him small dough, and tell him that he would be competing for 3rd or 4th WR positions. I wouldn't wanna do that either. He would probably still be very effective at WR if he was playing with Tom Brady. Too bad. The Patriots just love moving pieces around in order to continue building the high amount of value that they love to maintain. I'm not against it, just sucks to be on the short end of their deals. They certainly have raped the Seahawks before.

Congratulations to a great player. He had a lot of off-field issues, but it is impossible not to recognize this guy's talents.

Fot old time's sake:

• Upvote 2

Second greatest WR of all time.

Wrong.

If he would have put 100% effort into every game he played... he'd be up their with Rice. On the contrary, he basically forfeited full seasons on his career.

Wrong.

If he would have put 100% effort into every game he played... he'd be up their with Rice. On the contrary, he basically forfeited full seasons on his career.

Who would you put ahead of him? All we can do is look at what he did on the field which was quite a lot. Dude got 23 touchdowns in one season....23. Let that sink in for a second. Guy was a beast, he had some bad years on the Raiders. Who hasn't in the last decade?

I'm not saying he's definitive second all time, I'm just curious who you put ahead of him.

Who would you put ahead of him? All we can do is look at what he did on the field which was quite a lot. Dude got 23 touchdowns in one season....23. Let that sink in for a second. Guy was a beast, he had some bad years on the Raiders. Who hasn't in the last decade?

I'm not saying he's definitive second all time, I'm just curious who you put ahead of him.

Well... The best WR of all time goes ahead of him for sure.

Must of only had offers from the crappiest of teams. One of the best receivers in history, but I still have to say good riddance to a classless person.

Classless? Do you have any fucking idea how much charity work he did? I'll answer that for you....no, you don't. He did more charity work than people will ever know about it because he tried hard to keep it from the media. He was extremely active with kids and youth groups in Minnesota and West Virginia. From football camps to helping out in schools to paying for a 13 year old North Dakota girls entire cancer treatment.

Classless, my ass.

• Upvote 1

Second greatest WR of all time. Great career. Thought most of his antics were funny, didn't think he was T.O. bad. Too bad he never got his ring but he does have a spot in Canton reserved.

Well... The best WR of all time goes ahead of him for sure.

Who else besides him, though, since that was the question being asked?

Edited by Sarge

Who else besides him, though, since that was the question being asked?

I was setting Ricky up to say Don Hutson.

I will never put a slacker like Moss #2 overall in anything. Even though he was a rival of mine for most of his career, I still respected his talents more than most... But he isn't the 2nd greatest of all time when he takes games, weeks, and seasons of at a time.

Edited by Favre4Ever

That just emphasizes his freak athleticism and skill at the position lol.

Classless? Do you have any fucking idea how much charity work he did? I'll answer that for you....no, you don't. He did more charity work than people will ever know about it because he tried hard to keep it from the media. He was extremely active with kids and youth groups in Minnesota and West Virginia. From football camps to helping out in schools to paying for a 13 year old North Dakota girls entire cancer treatment.

Classless, my ass.

I think it's great he wants to work with kids and I'm sure that makes him feel great about himself but donating money doesn't mean someone has class. The guys a rude arrogant jackass, I never said anything about him being an overall bad person. Even immoral business men donate. I don't have to look any further than the Bucs very own Glazer Family to see that.

Also for those saying Moss is the #2 WR all time, Favre is right he doesn't deserve that distinction because he was such a slacker. The guy racked up statistics during a very pass-happy period in the NFL. I would easily put Cris Carter among a couple others ahead of Moss.

Edited by Shotgun

Wrong.

I have this feeling - correct me if I am wrong - that this has something to do with you being a Packers fan. Just saying.

I have this feeling - correct me if I am wrong - that this has something to do with you being a Packers fan. Just saying.

Like you, my allegiances used to be elsewhere. I grew up watching football with my mom and watching CC and Randy go to town. One of my favorite players of all time is former Viking RB Robert Smith.

And numerous times on here, I have relentlessly defended Moss while others said his career was over.

So I guarantee you... It isn't because I am a Packer fan.

Like you, my allegiances used to be elsewhere. I grew up watching football with my mom and watching CC and Randy go to town. One of my favorite players of all time is former Viking RB Robert Smith.

And numerous times on here, I have relentlessly defended Moss while others said his career was over.

So I guarantee you... It isn't because I am a Packer fan.

Ok, then. If you're sure. I was just making sure you weren't being a homer. I guess I should've assumed that, seeing that your username is not Zack of Steel.

I'm sorry guys but just like Jerry Rice is the undisputed #1 WR, Moss is easily the #2 WR of all time. Carter worked his ass off and put everything he had towards his game and he couldn't match Moss' talent. The fact that he was a slacker or a dick can deter one from putting him on their list of favorite WRs but how can you honestly make a good argument for him not being the second greatest guy to play the game?

I'm sorry guys but just like Jerry Rice is the undisputed #1 WR, Moss is easily the #2 WR of all time. Carter worked his ass off and put everything he had towards his game and he couldn't match Moss' talent. The fact that he was a slacker or a dick can deter one from putting him on their list of favorite WRs but how can you honestly make a good argument for him not being the second greatest guy to play the game?

Wrong. Don Hutson was the first great WR of all time. He paved the way for guys who came after him like Jerry and Randy and created many of the routes you see WR running today.

Hutson was faster, stronger, quicker, and smarter than every DB he every lined up against. His record of 99 TD receptions stood for FOUR DECADES before being broken. He held 18 records at the time of his retirement. He led the league in receiving in 8 of his 11 seasons. He led the league in scoring FIVE consecutive times. He is a two time MVP, and helped the Packers to (I believe) three League Championships.

Randy Moss's resume is NOTHING compared to Hutson's. It pales in comparison and it's an insult to even put the two in the same category. There has never been a greater player in the league be so consistently underrated by the general public.

In terms of NFL History, the #1 and #2 greatest WRs of all time are all but locked up until further notice. And Randy Moss holds neither spot.

Wrong.

Yeah but there's only one guy who I'm taking over Randy Moss in his prime. That's Jerry Rice.

Yeah but there's only one guy who I'm taking over Randy Moss in his prime. That's Jerry Rice.

That's funny, because Moss "prime" in terms of age, were arguably the worst years of his career. Last year in Minnesota and the two years in Oakland. When he at the peak of his career, and should have been putting up some of the best numbers in the history of the league... He flopped and was a major disappointment.

That's funny, because Moss "prime" in terms of age, were arguably the worst years of his career. Last year in Minnesota and the two years in Oakland. When he at the peak of his career, and should have been putting up some of the best numbers in the history of the league... He flopped and was a major disappointment.

When Moss was at his most productive/best there's one guy I would take over him. That's Jerry Rice

there is that better? Who would you take over Moss at his best?

When Moss was at his most productive/best there's one guy I would take over him. That's Jerry Rice

there is that better? Who would you take over Moss at his best?

That's the point though... Did Moss really ever have a Prime? The years in which he was supposed to be the most physically gifted, and experienced... He threw away. Look at what he did before 2004, and imagine what his prime could have looked like?

Plus, I already made my defense for Don Hutson in the first post of Page 2.