Sign in to follow this  
NFLStatsBlog

Hello!

Hey guys, this is an awesome board. Just signed up today. Check out my blog if ya want.

Edited by NFLStatsBlog.com

Welcome to the boards man, hope you enjoy them and stay active. I checked out your blog and it seems pretty cool. I'll check it out in more detail later.

Yeah, I'd consider changing your name.

From the Terms of Service

Advertising: Advertising other websites or services via post, signature, avatar, PM, board e-mail function, or any other communication function available on TGP is prohibited. Doing so will result in a loss of privileges. Specific messages sent via the messenger may be monitored by the administration team, should they see fit.

Just ask an admin to change your name, and probably change your sig as well.

The ToS is so fail. The username is a bit much.... but as long as he is here to post and talk football, I see no harm in sharing a blog about football myths, lol.

If it was a link to NFL Spot or something, yes delete that bitch. But I see no harm in that blog... We need to stop isolating ourselves from the interebz.

Anyhow. Welcome to the board and enjoy yourself!

It's only a blog guys. He seems to like writing about the NFL. I agree with what F4E said. The username does seem like he's only trying to plug his site but if he's actually going to post on here, I don't see anything wrong with him trying to get some love on his blog.

• Upvote 1

All I know is that when I simply mentioned my blog in my introduction I was scolded.

Anywho, I agree that if he talks football, he's fine. I just want the advertising to end at the username and not be mentioned in a bunch of posts.

This is an interesting topic, [insert opinion/comments here], if you want to see more, check out my blog!

Stuff like that. As long as that isn't present I will support this guy.

It's nice to have another Giants fan here.

Welcome to the site, dude!!!!

I read your blog. You seem like you really know your stuff, we could really use more of that around here. Welcome aboard!

I don't know how much traffic your blog gets, but maybe we could put some of your stuff on our front page. We can also include a link to your blog on that as well, if you like. Let me know.

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 1

I read your blog. You seem like you really know your stuff, we could really use more of that around here. Welcome aboard!

I don't know how much traffic your blog gets, but maybe we could put some of your stuff on our front page. We can also include a link to your blog on that as well, if you like. Let me know.

You are free to post anything related to my blog here on the site. In fact, that would be awesome! And, since I just launched, I'd really appreciate a link. I'll put a link for http://www.thegridironpalace.com on my site ASAP.

In my prior job I worked in consulting and gained a lot of analytical experience. I started doing these random models with NFL data to test the commonly held "myths" about the game to see if they are true. So I thought I might as well share it with other fans. I have a bunch more stuff ready to go up soon.

Thanks!

PS: lemme know if I need to change the username to get rid of the ".com"

• Upvote 1

Welcome! Hopefully you stick around. I'm diggin' your board...only read a couple myths, but I am diggin' it.

:beerchug2:

You don't have to change your username if you don't want to. However, it may be better for you to come up with a username that makes you seem more personable. At first, you kind of just seemed like a spam bot, but I know that's not your intention. You are free to keep the link to your blog in your signature, and I'll have a link to it put on our front page as well. If you want me to change your username, just let me know.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

• Upvote 1

You don't have to change your username if you don't want to. However, it may be better for you to come up with a username that makes you seem more personable. At first, you kind of just seemed like a spam bot, but I know that's not your intention. You are free to keep the link to your blog in your signature, and I'll have a link to it put on our front page as well. If you want me to change your username, just let me know.

Yeah, I'll drop the ".com" -- I definitely don't wanna come across as anything but someone looking to talk NFL.

Edit: and thanks for the link! I just did the same on my site.

Edited by NFLStatsBlog.com
  • Upvote 1

I just saw our link on your site. Thank you very much for the support!

If you have any friends who you think would enjoy our site, don't hesitate to invite them over. We would love to have them!

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/tgpsite/2011/08/03/fact-or-fiction-bad-weather-affects-score/

We have your first myth up on our front page now! Let me know if there is anything you want me to change or if you want me to put your name in the "Written By:" space. If not, that's okay. I will just use NFL Stats. :)

Nice site made.

EDIT: Also, I am going to add a "Partners" page on the front, and I would like to put your site there. If you could (either post here or private message me) with a paragraph or two letting us know who you are and what your site is all about, I would be more than happy to add you (and a link) on our front page permanently!

Edited by Favre4Ever

Nothing is wrong with the username. Anyways welcome to TGP dude ill have to check out your blog later.

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/tgpsite/2011/08/03/fact-or-fiction-bad-weather-affects-score/

We have your first myth up on our front page now! Let me know if there is anything you want me to change or if you want me to put your name in the "Written By:" space. If not, that's okay. I will just use NFL Stats. :)

Nice site made.

EDIT: Also, I am going to add a "Partners" page on the front, and I would like to put your site there. If you could (either post here or private message me) with a paragraph or two letting us know who you are and what your site is all about, I would be more than happy to add you (and a link) on our front page permanently!

That looks fabulous! I'll PM you the paragraph description.

lol yea, i thought you were a robot dude.

plus, awesome to see another writer. looking forward to seeing you write awesome articles for the front page

lol yea, i thought you were a robot dude.

plus, awesome to see another writer. looking forward to seeing you write awesome articles for the front page

Thanks dude, I appreciate it!

Yeah that's better.

Welcome to the site... since I didn't say it in my first post.