Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Tashard Choice in real danger of getting cut?

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's Tim MacMahon believes that Tashard Choice (calf) is in serious danger of losing his roster spot to Lonyae Miller.

Choice is out 2-4 weeks, but MacMahon says his job would have been in jeopardy even if healthy. Miller is a better pass protector and more importantly, plays special teams. Felix Jones' grip on the feature back role is tighter than ever while Choice can likely be had for a late-round pick in the trade market. Aug 8, 11:13 AM

Source: ESPN Dallas

If he gets cut/cheap trade...I know it's a long shot...I'd like the Bucs to snatch him up. Tough, hard runner. I'm a fan.

:shrug:

Edited by BucD

I like Choice..wouldn't mind him in San Diego after a cut

I'm really starting to get pissed off at the team's flat out mistreatment of Tashard Choice. Not only do they refuse to give him carries when he is better than Felix Jones, they threaten to trade or cut him on a yearly basis, it seems. Honestly, just do it already if you aren't going to give him a chance, Garrett. Let him go somewhere where the coaching staff can put 1 and 1 together and get him in the damn game.

Here's a royal fuck you to the offensive side of our coaching staff. You can all go to hell. Lonyae Miller? Seriously? Well, when TC23 goes somewhere else and is successful, enjoy the shoe leather you'll be eating.

I'm really starting to get pissed off at the team's flat out mistreatment of Tashard Choice. Not only do they refuse to give him carries when he is better than Felix Jones, they threaten to trade or cut him on a yearly basis, it seems. Honestly, just do it already if you aren't going to give him a chance, Garrett. Let him go somewhere where the coaching staff can put 1 and 1 together and get him in the damn game.

Here's a royal fuck you to the offensive side of our coaching staff. You can all go to hell. Lonyae Miller? Seriously? Well, when TC23 goes somewhere else and is successful, enjoy the shoe leather you'll be eating.

Jerry Jones loves Arkansas guys, so I think maybe the coaches hands are tied when it comes to choosing between Felix Jones and other backs.

Jerry Jones loves Arkansas guys, so I think maybe the coaches hands are tied when it comes to choosing between Felix Jones and other backs.

yeah, I guess I can see that. You know, I'd love to see him land in San Diego, where he could supplant Ryan Mathews very quickly if the kid doesn't produce this year.

By the way, is PC still on the team? I was really happy to see him succeed when they gave him the ball last year. He was quietly breaking out when he broke/dislocated his wrist. He had quickly become one of Philip Rivers' favorite targets.

yeah, I guess I can see that. You know, I'd love to see him land in San Diego, where he could supplant Ryan Mathews very quickly if the kid doesn't produce this year.

By the way, is PC still on the team? I was really happy to see him succeed when they gave him the ball last year. He was quietly breaking out when he broke/dislocated his wrist. He had quickly become one of Philip Rivers' favorite targets.

Yes, I believe Crayton is still on the roster.

I seen this coming sooner rather than later. I'm honestly not much of a fan of his. I think he could do pretty good as a #2 back on a good run-blocking team but I see him more as an opportunist that capitalizes off broken coverage and good blocking rather than a guy that can make plays himself with only a little help. The Cowboys are obviously looking for the latter as their #2 and Choice doesn't fit the profile of a #3 back.

He's still pretty early in his career though, I can see him making the Cowboys regret dropping him later on as long as he lands on a team that's the perfect fit.

Edited by Shotgun

I like Choice and I have no idea who Lanyae Miller is... lol. Not saying he is awful... just never heard of him before. haha.

Guest Durant4MVP

It's not just the coaching staff that like Miller better. Even the ESPNDallas and DC.com beat writers that have been covering training camp are extremely impressed with him.

Was he an upgrade over Barber last year? Absolutely. Is he better than Miller this year? No one seems to think so.

Edited by Durant4MVP

Detroit is looking pretty desperate for somebody right now.

Detroit is looking pretty desperate for somebody right now.

?

They drafted Jahvid Best last year, and just drafted Mikel LeShoure this last draft... If they can get him cheap, he would definitely be a great option, but he would be 3rd on the DC and I wouldn't exactly call the Lions desperate.

Did Mikel Leshoure somehow magically recover from his season ending injury that fast?

Did Mikel Leshoure somehow magically recover from his season ending injury that fast?

MY bad.. Just got off work.

Guest MikeyDay

Noooope. But i could see him going to Detriot. It would only make thrm better. Choice reminds me of Mccoy in Philly. Hes a shifty hard runner who can catch out of the backfield. I wouldnt mind him on our squad but we have so many rbs as it is so id like him kn Detriot. Him and my boy Best wouldnt help their offense alot. Dallas dumbasses. Easy as that.

It's not just the coaching staff that like Miller better. Even the ESPNDallas and DC.com beat writers that have been covering training camp are extremely impressed with him.

Was he an upgrade over Barber last year? Absolutely. Is he better than Miller this year? No one seems to think so.

Come on, man. We know what we saw against Pittsburgh and NYG a couple years back. The guy has it. He just needs a legitimate opportunity.

I don't particularly care if they like Miller better. The better running back belongs on the roster or in a trade. If we can't justify not using him on special teams, let's offer him up to a team that needs a running back. Miami just lost Brown and Williams, and you know they like to pick up ex-Cowboys. Why aren't we talking trade with them?

Guest Durant4MVP

Come on, man. We know what we saw against Pittsburgh and NYG a couple years back. The guy has it. He just needs a legitimate opportunity.

I don't particularly care if they like Miller better. The better running back belongs on the roster or in a trade. If we can't justify not using him on special teams, let's offer him up to a team that needs a running back. Miami just lost Brown and Williams, and you know they like to pick up ex-Cowboys. Why aren't we talking trade with them?

Oh I agree with trading him. A conditional 6th or 7th is better than getting nothing for him.

I really hope this ends up being the reason you pull a Bangy and jump wagon. Honestly.

Choice has talent but it simply isn't what Dallas wants. Hopefully another team will so we can get a decent pick out of him. I suppose we'll see how the entire NFL values him if/when a trade occurs. I'm fine with Miller at RB3 if the staff and beat writers see him as the better pick, especially if it's at a lower price. I have a strong feeling that Murray will be picking up a lot of the slack anyways.

I really hope this ends up being the reason you pull a Bangy and jump wagon. Honestly.

Choice has talent but it simply isn't what Dallas wants. Hopefully another team will so we can get a decent pick out of him. I suppose we'll see how the entire NFL values him if/when a trade occurs. I'm fine with Miller at RB3 if the staff and beat writers see him as the better pick, especially if it's at a lower price. I have a strong feeling that Murray will be picking up a lot of the slack anyways.

Holy shit, dude. What's your issue?

Bware isn't even a Cowboys fan.... He is a Viking fan who follows the Cowboys because he doesn't want to feel like a loser all the time. :p

• Upvote 1

OH, an Arkansas fan. That explains a lot. You must think Felix is the bees knees, eh?

Bware isn't even a Cowboys fan.... He is a Viking fan who follows the Cowboys because he doesn't want to feel like a loser all the time. :p

Oh, I'm a Vikings fan, but the 'boys are definitely my #1 team. For proof that the Vikes ain't #1, I hope you enjoyed the Jared Allen jab in my article. :D

Guest Durant4MVP

Daaaaaamn, shit just got real! #shotsfired

OH, an Arkansas fan. That explains a lot. You must think Felix is the bees knees, eh?

Yes, and I love beating my wife, kissing my cousin, and getting hammered on hot beer. :rolleyes: