DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Chris Carter: CJ is not a top 5 receiver

Chris Carter, ESPN analyst revealed his top 10, and the biggest headline was the fact he had Calvin Johnson all the way down at 7.

Carter put six players in his group of elites. In order, they were:

Andre Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Greg Jennings

Reggie Wayne

DeSean Jackson

Roddy White

When a listener suggested that Calvin Johnson should be ranked on par with Andre Johnson, Carter said: "The only thing they have the same is the name."

Carter went on to say: "Calvin Johnson, he's very, very good at Madden and Tecmo Bowl or whatever they're playing now. But on film, when I watch film, and I break down the film, he's not to the point of these guys yet. That doesn't mean he can't play. He just not there yet."

---------

"... We're trying to determine greatness and impact on the NFL game. Calvin Johnson, you don't have to double-team him to take him out of the game. Now, I made eight Pro Bowls. I made it with five different quarterbacks. They weren't always great. So I don't want to hear the excuse that I'm not playing with a great quarterback.

"Larry Fitzgerald the last couple years, he hasn't played with a great quarterback, but he still gets the numbers. He still gets open. He still makes plays week in and week out. I don't want to hear about the quarterback situation. That's all part of the process. Now, [Calvin Johnson] is a good player. He's just not great yet."

ESPN.com

I normally don't have a problem with a guy saying stuff like this as long as he has solid claims, and good reasoning to back it up. The only valid reasoning he gave that I agree with is that CJ is inconsistent.

It's just an opinion, and it's Chris Carter no less, but i'm above and beyond ticked that he put Desean ahead of CJ.

It's just an opinion, and it's Chris Carter no less, but i'm above and beyond ticked that he put Desean ahead of CJ.

Unbelievable. Come on Cris.

DeSean is definitely a name that doesn't belong on that list, nowhere near as complete a game, and a one route wonder in comparison to a guy who can get up there and make a difference. Calvin Johnson is the only threat on his offense, he has a worse situation than anyone sans Fitzy.

Cris Carter is one of the absolute WORST fucking "analysts" on television....

The other night that dumb mother fucker was trying to say that Osi isn't a good pass rusher anymore....yeah, 11.5 sacks (tied for 7th in the NFL) and 10 forced fumbles (#1 overall by 4) last season says otherwise, asshole....

Carter was a great player....shitty analyst, IMO....

Edited by BLUE

I dunno... Maybe it's just me... but CC has always been pretty good. But in the last month or so, he has been saying a lot of stupid shit.

Guest Phailadelphia

Good thing Cris Carter isn't a scout. That team would blow.

Come on Cris Carter! How can one of the greatest WR's of all time be so damn stupid when it comes to naming the best WR's in Football? Megatron is at least in the Top 5, and this is coming from a Packers fan.

Everybody that I know of that knows Cris Carter or played with him say the same thing: Hall of Fame player, one of the greatest WRs ever.....and.....Hall of Fame prick and one of the biggest self-absorbed assholes ever.

Roddy White is really good and everything, but...BETTER THAN MEGATRON!??!?!???? LMFAO

Hey Cris...

doing-it-wrong-ball_2.jpg