Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Talib and Britt to meet with the commish this week

Bucs QB Aqib Talib is meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell this week in New York to discuss a possible 2011 suspension.

A "tweet" from ESPN's Adam Schefter indicated that Talib will likely be suspended, and that may already be a foregone conclusion. Titans WR Kenny Britt will also meet with Goodell this week after three arrests during the lockout. Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter

not that I'm justifying their actions, but I think it'd be complete and utter bullshit for the league to suspend players for shit they did during the lockout, but Jake Scott (the Titans player rep to the NFLPA) has said that the players' association would appeal any suspension handed down based on actions during the lockout, so even if Goodell does suspend them, chances are the suspensions won't stick

Talib shouldn't be getting any type of punishment until everything is done in the courts which is supposed to happen in March. But we all know that won't happen with Goodell. Wonder what punishment this asshole will give Talib. I'm thinking around 8 games.

I don't really see the point in suspending people until after a trial. What if they're found innocent? I know the NFL does it's own investigation into things but I highly doubt it's unbiased.

Citing three separate sources, Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that Bucs CB Aqib Talib "can expect" a four-game suspension from the league office in connection with his role in a March shooting.

Talib's recent meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell was his second in fewer than two years, and he's only had to sit one game so far. In addition to his latest felony weapons charge, Talib was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol for allegedly assaulting a taxi driver in August of 2009. The NFL and NFLPA have an agreement on arrests that occurred during the lockout. Eight players are expected to be punished -- all repeat offenders of the Personal Conduct Policy -- and Talib is among them.

Source: Yahoo Sports

If it does end up being 4 games that's less than I thought it would be. We would lose him against the Lions, Vikings, Falcons, and Colts. 3 of those are some bad teams to lose your top defensive player against. Hopefully Biggers can hold his own though.

do they even understand English? I mean, isn't "stop getting in trouble, you little bitch" clear enough? Somebody needs to scare the entitlement idea out of both of these numbskulls. Ban 'em both for a year.

CJ, Roddy White and Wayne...yeah Biggers is gonna get raped.

I think it's tough for Goodell to make a ruling either way. Everyone loves the "innocent until proven guilty" clause, yet Big Ben got suspended even though the charges were dropped. Now you can argue he looked very guilty, and can argue his guilt, but ultimately he wasn't put in jail or found guilty. Britt needs a minimum four game suspension. One arrest isn't good but people make mistakes. Three shows a habitual disregard for the rules and policies both of the United States government and of the NFL. Talib should get a longer suspension, but that's only if he's found guilty. I don't think a fair ruling can be given either way. Many will argue that the players can't be punished since there was a lockout, but that's ridiculous. Players should not be allowed to break NFL rules and policies while locked out. A police officer is expected to follow the same personal conduct code and policies while on vacation, or while suspended, and while that isn't exactly the same as what happened with the lockout, the comparison itself is good enough.

Mark Dominik just said that Talib will NOT be suspended this year.