Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Miles Austin vs. Dez Bryant

Miles Austin vs. Dez Bryant  

13 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your choice between the two, who would you draft?

Just curious on TGP's take for who the better receiver will be this season for the Cowboys. I think it's really close, and I really just want to see who all the Cowboys fans here think would be the better choice.

I've been leaning towards Miles Austin myself, but it's definitely not an easy choice for me personally...

I think Miles Austin has the better 2011 season, but I also think that Dez Bryant, barring injury, will ultimately be the better wide receiver when all is said and done, IMO....

Edited by BLUE

Guest Phailadelphia

You can't go wrong with either, but from what I've been reading throughout training camp and in the preseason, Dez Bryant is going to be the #1 WR for this team this year. He's just too good.

I've been snagging Dez up in fantasy drafts. Miles is perhaps a safer pick, I think he'll get 1k receiving and some TD's, but I think Dez will ultimately beat him out in fantasy points with TD's and similar yardage.

Ya.. I think they will have fairly similar seasons but Dez is just so much better with his physical gifts. This will be a great barometer for the young wideout.

You can lob it tentatively in Dez Bryant's direction and he will somehow find a way to come down with the football.

Guest Phailadelphia

You can lob it tentatively in Dez Bryant's direction and he will somehow find a way to come down with the football.

This pretty much sums up Dez in one sentence.

Dez Bryant. No disrespect to Miles, but all the reports coming out from camp is that Bryant is raping. Hell, you could tell he would just by watching him last year, too.

Basically what you guys said...lol.

I'd take Miles. He's a lock to give you 1000 yards and 8 TD's if he stays healthy. Dez can be doing work in camp but once he goes up against defenses he'll be covered by the opposing teams #1 CB if he emerges as the best WR on the team. Having to face Nnamdi twice is an automatic 2 games with virtually no points. Not saying that takes away from his overall value, but it's two should bench him. Austin has proved he's a good fantasy player. Dez has yet to emerge as the better of the two just point wise. Dez will leave with a better career imo but i'd take Miles Austin this year. I'd rather have 1000 yards and 8 TD's than gambling on Dez and not being sure if he gets 600 or 1500. Getting both sure would be nice!

Guest Phailadelphia

Dez will rarely, if ever, see punt return duty this year.

I'm saying if you think there equal receivers. Which I don't, I'll take Dez every time. Garrett has said he would use him. He played with Deion Sanders and Sanders got 25-30 touches a year in the beginning and end. There was that 3 year span when he wasn't used, but he won 2 super bowls, so those teams didn't need it. I could see Dez getting about 10 touches as a returner this year, and if they kick it to him he's gonna be gone half the time.