Sign in to follow this  
Patriots2994

Most Overrated Teams Going Into the '11-'12 Season

What teams this year are the most overrated going into this NFL season?

Personally I'd say the Detriot Lions. They've looked impressive this preseason, but I'm not yet sold. Their QB is made of glass, so they'll be lucky if they get him for 10 games. Their run game is terrible. Their defense is overrated due to the hype Suh gives them. Two teams are going to the playoffs from the NFC North, and it isn't Detriot-it's Chicago & Green Bay. Detriot isn't going to .500 or higher.

Guest Phailadelphia

Eagles. Glaring holes at OL, LB, and safety if Nate Allen doesn't build on his 2010 year.

That team in Philadelphia...

New Orleans has had a better off-season than Philly has.

I wanted to put Philly, but I figured I'd get a lot of Philly responses so I went with someone else. Vick also needs to prove he's as good as he was last year.

I wanted to put Philly, but I figured I'd get a lot of Philly responses so I went with someone else. Vick also needs to prove he's as good as he was last year.

Nothing wrong with stirring up the pot. :p

I think I'm going to go with the Chargers and before I go any further, I hope they do well this season. I think Rivers deserves a Super Bowl ring and the city itself is amazing. But it has become their history lately to get hyped up then shit themselves. They have some great talent yet ended up losing to teams like Oakland, Seattle, and Cincy.

I just have a bad feeling they're going to repeat. :bag:

A lot of teams are overrated going into this season. I personally believe the Chargers are the most overrated, but New Orleans isn't going to be that good, either, IMO. The Eagles are overrated as well, but they will go far into the playoffs. They just won't be the dominant team some think they will be.

I would also consider saying Atlanta and the Jets are not going to be as good as many are predicting.

A lot of teams are overrated going into this season. I personally believe the Chargers are the most overrated, but New Orleans isn't going to be that good, either, IMO. The Eagles are overrated as well, but they will go far into the playoffs. They just won't be the dominant team some think they will be.

I would also consider saying Atlanta and the Jets are not going to be as good as many are predicting.

New Orleans looks very good and the Falcons have could very well be the 1st team to win that division back to back.

Going in to the season I would say the Eagles and Chargers. The Eagles' hole at LB are just being ignored by the media, although they will be a good team they won't just walk into the Superbowl and when are the Chargers not overrated.

I don't see why so many people are saying the Chargers are overrated unless theres a lot of people picking them to go to the Super Bowl or something. I expect San Diego to do what they usually do. Win around double-digit games, put up pretty numbers and then wet themselves in the playoffs.

Definitely Philly most overrated. 1st off, their a big play offense and that's it. That's why Vick has been so successful. He's a big play Quarterback and he has the luxury of throwing to the best big play reciever in the league along with another Speedster opposite and a big play RB to boot. He kinda took the league by storm last year but as the season went on teams began to figure him out and i think that will carry over into this season. Where are their weaknesses? OL and LB right? Get pressure on Vick and shut down the big plays. Run at those LBs and eliminate those corners. A lot of the good teams will be able to do just that. I don't think Philly will be good in physical ground and pound type games. I also wouldn't trust Vick running my team in the postseason. Most of the other top teams in the NFC have much more reliable Playoff Quarterbacks

I don't see why so many people are saying the Chargers are overrated unless theres a lot of people picking them to go to the Super Bowl or something. I expect San Diego to do what they usually do. Win around double-digit games, put up pretty numbers and then wet themselves in the

Sure, they're gong to win the division and probably get double-digit wins. However, it will probably go downhill in the playoffs because the only reason their regular season will be so good is because they are in an easy division. Claims that SD is in the Top 5 in the NFL is where I think they're so overrated.

What teams this year are the most overrated going into this NFL season?

Personally I'd say the Detriot Lions. They've looked impressive this preseason, but I'm not yet sold. Their QB is made of glass, so they'll be lucky if they get him for 10 games. Their run game is terrible. Their defense is overrated due to the hype Suh gives them. Two teams are going to the playoffs from the NFC North, and it isn't Detriot-it's Chicago & Green Bay. Detriot isn't going to .500 or higher.

See, I don't have a problem with posts, if there argument is at least valid...

This one, I kinda have a problem with.

I see us possibly going below .500 because of our schedule, the teams we have to face. Whether or not Stafford is healthy does not mean as much as your making it mean. The Bears' and the Packers' running game at least from last year was not THAT much better then ours. And how is our defense overrated? People don't say our defense will be good this year because of Suh, people say our defense will be good this year because of our Defensive line, led by Suh. And if our defensive line can play on the field as well as they have shown in the preseason, or as well as they look on paper, then I really don't know how we can be overrated unless if people actually believe we'll have a top 10 defense. And nobody believes that.

And let's not act like the Bears have done a whole lot to raise everyone's confidence that they will make it to the playoffs... They have gotten rid of there offensive line leader, and have added no upgrades to that line, which means that more then likely, the line will be either worse, or the same... They got rid of Olsen and replaced him with an underachieving Williams, no upgrade to there corner back situation... Not saying the Lions are a lock to go .500 or better, but at the same time, the Bears aren't exactly a lock to make the playoffs either....

The Bears aren't a lock, no, but I'd pick them over the Lions to make the playoffs if I had to put money on it. The NFC is tough to look at if you want to figure out who will make the playoffs. I'd say the chances of Green Bay, Philly, New Orleans, & Atlanta making the playoffs are very high as of now, but that could change if there are big injuries and such. Arizona or St. Louis will win the NFC West, so that takes up a playoff spot too. That leaves Dallas, New York (Giants), Tampa Bay, Chicago, and Detriot to fight for that last spot. It'll be interesting seeing how the NFC playoffs end up.

I agree with the Chargers being overrated, they've been on the decline for the past few seasons. Everyone automatically assumes, because the rest of the division has been rebuilding, that the Chargers are going to win the division.

Last season should be proof positive that the division is becoming competitive again, every team is on the verge and has almost every piece in place...while the Chargers have been slowly losing the pieces every year.

The addition of Takeo Spikes is threatening, but he's not in his prime anymore either...the Chargers are in band-aid mode...just as the Chiefs were before they fell to the bottom, and had to revamp the roster.

Guest MikeyDay

Bears are gunna finish worse then the Lions book it. No oline and a overrated fucking QB to the fullest. Forte is nice but he cant do too much wuth nobody helping him. Lions arent overrated nobody is saying superbowl, or top 10 defense?? Its easilly Philly, the team with the most spotlight since Aso signed. Young called them the dream team and when u pick up media headline names, Vince Young, Asomugha, Ronnie Brown etc they are gunna be in the spotlight more. So Philly easily. Its mainly bcuz of Vick for me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think the Eagles are pretty overrated too. I still think they will win the division, but it is far from a lock.

It all depends on who you ask. Although they might be favorites, I don't think too many people consider the Eagles shoe-in champs of the East.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Panthers are pretty overrated this year. I can't believe there are people who think they will win more than two games! :wink:

3-13, that's ridiculous!

Lions came to my mind when I saw the thread. Lots of people think they will be above .500 this year and have a shot at winning the WC. I just don't see it. Their o-line is still trash, Stafford is made out of glass, and their D still has some holes.

Eagles, and then the Bears.

The Eagles have a bunch of talent. But I just don't think they will mesh together as a team. Especially if they have a bad first couple of weeks.

My second would have to be the Texans. Again, the talent is there. But they never show up in big situations. People saying they will make the step over the hump this year just because Peyton could POSSIBLY miss one or two games for the Colts? They are crazy! And I just don't see Mario Williams having success at linebacker. Not in the pass rush aspect, but the coverage aspect. I expect a lot of tight ends to burn him.

Edited by Chris D

Philadelphia, Atlanta, Baltimore, Detroit, and St. Louis. For them last two, they ain't proved anything yet.

Also, the whole Detroit needs Stafford thing...bullshit. Yeah, he's good, but Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton don't suck. Remember, Detroit beat both Green Bay and Tampa Bay with Stanton at QB last year.

Eagles, and then the Bears.

The Eagles have a bunch of talent. But I just don't think they will mesh together as a team. Especially if they have a bad first couple of weeks.

My second would have to be the Texans. Again, the talent is there. But they never show up in big situations. People saying they will make the step over the hump this year just because Peyton could POSSIBLY miss one or two games for the Colts? They are crazy! And I just don't see Mario Williams having success at linebacker. Not in the pass rush aspect, but the coverage aspect. I expect a lot of tight ends to burn him.

How can the bears be overrated when most people predict us to finish 3 rd in the North.

Guest MikeyDay

I meant to put Texans if you read the post.

Texans always hyped up for the beginning.

How can the bears be overrated when most people predict us to finish 3 rd in the North.

Not trying to be a homer, but I believe we are finishing 2nd in the North this year.

Edited by WindyCitySports