AllYouNeedIsLovie

Lions @ Bucs

Refs screwed us over last year in this one, so it's time for revenge. Football is back baby, lets goooo!

This should be a really good game. Last year it was and the Lions didn't even have Stafford. Will be fun to compare Suh and McCoy and Freeman and Stafford.

I hate to be negative and I am not all doom and gloom or anything, but the feeling I am getting about this game and season isn't that great.

I get the feeling that while having Talib back will most def. help, the rest of Detroits weapons will go ape shit on our sketchy secondary. Only chance we have there is if the DL/blitzers gets a lot of pressure on Stafford.

Offense needs to stop with the really slow first half starts or we are really fucked not only in this game but for the entire season. OL worries me...I know preseason is just preseason...but I cannot help what we all saw.

I hope I am wrong. Just the feeling I am getting. :shrug:

The o-line is my biggest concern. They looked pretty bad all preseason long minus the game against KC. I hope they can give Freeman time and open up some holes.

I hate to be negative and I am not all doom and gloom or anything, but the feeling I am getting about this game and season isn't that great.

I get the feeling that while having Talib back will most def. help, the rest of Detroits weapons will go ape shit on our sketchy secondary. Only chance we have there is if the DL/blitzers gets a lot of pressure on Stafford.

Offense needs to stop with the really slow first half starts or we are really fucked not only in this game but for the entire season. OL worries me...I know preseason is just preseason...but I cannot help what we all saw.

I hope I am wrong. Just the feeling I am getting. :shrug:

That just reminded me that we didn't have Talib for our game against them last year. He will be very helpful because he is the only CB on our roster that can match up with CJ in size and skill.

But yea, I am very worried about the o-line..... especially against the Lions front 4 which is looking pretty dominate.

Some player number changes FYI...

Anthony Gaitor's new # is 24

Allen Bradford's new # is 21

Luke Stocker's new # is 88

Devin Holland's new # is 30

New guy Zack Pianalto's # is 80

I'm worried about the OL a little bit. I don't think it is as bad as people make it out to be. Still not a great OL, but Bucs fans act like we have the worst one in existence sometimes.

I feel comfortable, not too confident, that we can win. Having a healthy defense will be big. We were torn to pieces with injuries the last time we played them.

:lol:

Typical Bucs fans....

I don't think Free will have the time to throw the ball down field but that's why we have worked on Blount's hands and screen passes all preseason. Free is smart enough at this point in his career to check down, I only hope the WR's are on the same page.

Defensively we played a base D in all four games. Expect us to pressure Stafford early and hopefully get in his head.

Bucs - 24

Lions - 20

Typical Bucs' fans? Lol what?

There is no doom and gloom sky is falling BS going on here. Going off of what we have seen thus far...which is a shaky OL and run game with some sketchy DB play. No one is saying OMFG 3-10 SEASON!! PANIC!!!

The DL has look 10x better thus far...hopefully they can keep that up. It will be key. A successful DL can hide a lot of other issues on defense at any given time.

We need to see some improvement from them on several fronts. It's not crazy to think that this young team may take a step back this year. It's also not crazy to think we make the playoffs this year. I am hoping that is what will happen and I'll be there cheering them on.

:shrug:

Just sayin' how bout we have the nucleus to make a big time run into the post season. Yeah a schedule sucks but hey you gotta play who lines up across from ya.

Every year it's the same song down here (not talking about anyone in this thread)everyone expects the worst and once they start winning all of a sudden become the "I toldja so" guy wearing the Freeman jersey and the Raheem visor.

Just sayin' how bout we have the nucleus to make a big time run into the post season. Yeah a schedule sucks but hey you gotta play who lines up across from ya.

Every year it's the same song down here (not talking about anyone in this thread)everyone expects the worst and once they start winning all of a sudden become the "I toldja so" guy wearing the Freeman jersey and the Raheem visor.

We do have the nucleus to make a big run into the postseason and I think every Bucs fan could not be more excited about it, but it is still young and we are still building on it. I still think we are another year or two away from making a big time run in the playoffs. I am expecting a solid season for us this year, but I think we may lose 1 or 2 more games just because our schedule is a lot harder than it was last year.

Interesting week 1 matchup. Both of them are considered to be big sleeper teams. And although everyone reveres last year's division champions like they are unbeatable, we all know that repeats hardly ever happen, and that's why they play the game.

I'm mildly concerned, but no more than I am against most teams. There isn't nearly as much planning for games during the pre-season, and both offense and defense ran some pretty basic and easy to read stuff. I'm a little concerned about the O-line because the Lions D-line is so good, but I don't think it'll be as bad as some might think. We struggled against the Pats but a lot of that was the offense not preparing for the array of blitzes they threw at us. There will be a lot more prep for the Lions, that's for sure, and since they seemed to treat certain games like it was the actual season we might have some pretty decent tape on them.

I think the teams match up pretty well. The Lions O-line is mediocre and our D-line should be better. Their run O is nothing to be scared of and the only offensive weapon I'm concerned about is Stafford to Calvin, but Talib should be able to do a lot better than Biggers did last season. We have a couple questions in the secondary, but the Lions have even more. They may have the better single offensive weapon, but I think the Bucs O is superior as a group than they are. My main concerns are starting slow which the Bucs always have, penalties which were a huge issue in the pre-season, and their D-line being superior to our O-line. I think their team has just as many concerns as we do. Our big issue is starting slow when they are a team that can start very fast and build points quick if the D isn't on their toes like they should be. Playing catch-up against them won't be easy, if it comes to that.

I actually like the Lions here. But that's only based on what I saw in preseason.

Going with the Lions. You better show up.

:Lions: 24

:Bucs: 23

Today's inactives.

BUCCANEERS

RB Allen Bradford

SS Larry Asante

CB Myron Lewis

CB Anthony Gaitor

OT Demar Dotson

G Derek Hardman

TE Zach Pianalto

LIONS

QB Drew Stanton

CB Alphonso Smith

RB Keiland Williams

LB Doug Hogue

G Jacques McClendon

OT Jason Fox

DT Nick Fairley

No Myron Lewis + no Anthony Gaitor = A lot of playing time for Elbert Mack. Not a good start for us.

:facepalm:

It's really not that bad. Lewis has been suspect at times as well, and Gaitor is a rookie so that's up in the air. They have much bigger losses with Fairley and Alphonso gone.