Bay

Most shocking wins/losses in week 1?

The Steelers getting dominated by the Ravens has got to be up there.

The Bills wrecking the Chiefs is a good one.

Discuss.

I'm actually not surprised Buffalo won, but I am surprised it was a blowout.

The Bills dominating the Chiefs was most surprising to me. The Ravens beating the Steelers as they did was surprising as well, but I expected them to win the game. Just not by so much.

Guest MikeyDay

Chiefs Bills. I know Bills would win but damn who do they have on that team to put up 41 points on u?? Bet Haley is fired after this yr

I'm surprised we didn't win by more. :wink:

I'm gonna have to say Steelers/Ravens. These games are usually close, and in no way did I expect the Steelers to get thrashed the way they did.

Even though the Bills/Chiefs game was surprising, with Todd Haley at the helm there's always the possibility of a result like that.

I had a feeling that the chiefs would do bad this year (usually teams that suprise people one year do bad the next) but that score of the game was very suprising to me. The most suprising though had to be the Steelers and their 7 turnovers. That is unheard of for the Steelers..

gotta put the Chicago/Atlanta game out in here, I certainly thought Chicago could win that, but to completely dominate Atlanta?

KC/Buffalo

Pittsburgh/Baltimore

Chicago/Atlanta

Washington/Giants

Detroit/TB

I'm suprised the same two games have, for the most part, been repeated in this thread. There were a lot of suprising games this weekend, in my opinion.

So far I'm really shocked by how the Bills destroyed the Chiefs in their season opener. I didn't see them winning quite that dramatically.

Most Shocking Wins:

Bills over Chiefs (No brainer there)

Redskins over Giants - I knew the Skins would be looking pretty solid this year, but damn!

Bengals - I thought the Browns were much better than the played.

Most shocking losses:

Pittsburgh - Thought this would be a close game, but Pittsburgh showed me NOTHING, not even defensively!

Atlanta - Thought Chicago would probably win, but damn. Didn't think the D would shut us down that bad.

Pittsburgh/Baltimore: I didn't think Baltimore had an identity offensively yet, and I wasn't sure how their defense would work against Big Ben coming out with a nice recieving 1-2 punch (Wallace & Ward) and against a hard-running Mendenhall. Baltimore dominated in all phases of the game. Their offense embarrased the normally elite defense of the Steelers' and made them look terrible. Their defense came up with 7 turnovers, which is usually unheard of, and completely shut down Pittsburgh's offense. Big Ben looked terrible and his offensive line seemed to be made of swiss cheese. I thought this would be a close game, decided by a field goal or so (20-17ish), but Baltimore came out and just rocked Pittsburgh. Very shocking to me.

Kansas City/Buffalo: I wasn't sure how the Bills would look against the Chiefs, and thought people predicting a win from them was somewhat unearned, but they dominated in all phases of the game. Buffalo torched the Chiefs' secondary with Fitzpatrick under helm, proving my thoughts last year on why he should remain the starter. Cassel got shut down by the Bills' defense, and Charles didn't look too great himself. I wasn't sure who would win, but regardless of who won it I wasn't thinking of a huge blowout. Also very shocking.

Dallas/New York Jets: I'm surprised at this game for different reasons than the last two. I was surprised the Jets didn't run the ball more with Greene, especially after he didn't break out last year like he was supposed to. I thought the Jets' defense looked bad at times with Bryant/Austin both scoring over Cromartie. They ultimately left with a win, but I think there is something for the Jets to learn defensively. I was somewhat surprised with how the Cowboys' offense went. Romo did better than I expected until his fumble and interception late in the fourth quarter, but for most of the game he looked effective against an elite pass defense. Bryant looked fantastic for the first quarter but faded after that. His conditioning looked bad-no WR should be as gassed as he was, especially for as long as he was.

New Orleans/Green Bay: The Packers did win the game, and Rodgers did look incredible, but I'm not focused on him-I'm focused on the defense. Brees torched an elite secondary for the entire game, a secondary that I thought could compete with the Jets for the best in the NFL this year. New Orleans showed that the Packers aren't as elite as people think in their secondary, and the way to beat them is by out-throwing Rodgers. Another thing that surprised me was Jermichael Finley's performance. The Packers were very high on him last year until his injury, and have been hyping him up this year, but I don't think 53 yards is impressive for a big physical TE like himself. I understand that Rodgers is an equal opportunity distributer, but I really did expect Finley to close in on 100 yards and a score.

Atlanta/Chicago: I expected the Falcons to come out with Matt Ryan leading White/Jones/Turner to a high scoring game on their part, but the Bears shut them down. Ryan didn't look like his normal self, and Turner wasn't used enough in my opinion. Turner looked pretty effective (other than the fumble) and I think Atlanta could have used him more to help out Ryan. Chicago's defense played an outstanding game against a very potent offense, and I think they deserve a lot of credit for it. I'd be worried if I were Green Bay.

St. Louis/Philadelphia: I didn't watch much of this game, but the two things that stood out to me were about Vick & McCoy. Michael Vick did throw 2 scores and run effectively, but he was highly inaccurate, which surprised me. He played a mediocre secondary and wasn't able to complete a high level of his passes. McCoy has always been a great back in my eyes, but he looked outstanding against St. Louis. He ran the ball effectively and played right in to the recieving game. The Eagles haven't been able to effectively run the ball on a consistent basis, and this might be too early to give credit, but I think McCoy will become a top 5 back that gives the Eagles the presense they need in the run game to be a dual threat, potent offense.

Ravens/Steelers, no question. No affect from Lee Evans, either.

And I was actually surprised that Dallas lost. I thought JG was changing the culture, and that we'd have a dominant first win. I was not impressed with the Jets at any point on Sunday. Dallas gave them the game. They should have won by two TDs or more.