Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Numerous Teams Look Worthy of #1 Draft Pick

There are a lot of bad teams out there in the NFL today... but who is the worst of the worst?

List a team, or a couple teams who you feel will be at the very top of the order in the 2012 NFL Draft?

Here my Top 3.

1. Kansas City Chiefs (2 - 14)

The Chiefs are a complete and utter mess. Their O Line is awful. They brought in Breaston and Baldwin to help out Bowe, but they haven't shown up yet (Baldwin because of an injury caused by his own teammate). Jamaal Charles is out, and Cassel is going to turn the ball over so many times that the Defense, which is mediocre at best will be getting gassed every week before half time.

Although... If they get the 1st Overall Pick, I am not so sure Pioli takes Luck. It would be a great opportunity to move down.

The Chiefs will win a couple of games and finish in between 2-14 and 4-12.

2. Indianapolis Colts (3 - 13)

The Colts are proving what we all have known for over a decade now. Peyton Manning is the backbone of the Colts. The team has few bright spots, but none of the few weapons they do have can be utilized with Kerry Collins in at QB.

Jim Irsay has been challenging Colts fans on twitter to support their team, but little does he know... The fans in Indianapolis come and go as Peyton does.

The offense, as stated above is dreadful. And their defense won't be stopping much of anybody. Like the Chiefs, they will play a team on a downer, or luck into a few victories. But the Colts are in full out tank mode.

Indy is looking at 3-4 wins this season at best.

3. Seattle Seahawks (4 - 12)

The Seahawks have been in tank mode longer than the Colts, but will finish higher in the standings. Let's be real here... Any team who goes out and signs Tarvaris Jackson, who gets outplayed in the preseason by the current #2, but then gets the nod anyway... Isn't trying to win football games.

The offense is horrid... They have no passing game, they have no running game (T-Jack led the Seahawks in rushing during Week 2 with an astounding twelve yards). The defense, like the Chiefs, isn't absolutely awful. But the offense will struggle to put up 10 points most weeks, imo.. And that doesn't spell victory.

The Seahawks are in the worst division in football.. And even though they are clearly the worst of the worst in the NFC West, they will find more opportunities to win simply based on the competition they face.

Seahawks are looking at 3-5 wins this season.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Just the Chiefs and the Seahawks for me. Colts look horrible, but they have had some flashes. Looks like they finally found somewhat of a running game, and Collins is still getting to know that offense. I think they can win 5 or 6 games, taking them out of the running for the #1 pick.

The offense is horrid... They have no passing game, they have no running game (T-Jack led the Seahawks in rushing during Week 2 with an astounding twelve yards). The defense, like the Chiefs, isn't absolutely awful. But the offense will struggle to put up 10 points most weeks, imo.. And that doesn't spell victory.

LOLZ :rofl:

Harbaugh made some awful coaching decisions for San Fran and showed zero confidence in his offense when he chose to keep the FG instead of continue the drive. If the coach, the guy who hired you, doesn't have any confidence in you... how are you going to have any confidence in yourself? And then the team tanked from that moment on and ran play action bootlegs to Ware's side :facepalm: . I don't see them getting far with him.

• Downvote 1

I guarantee you Pioli takes Luck if he gets the number 1 pick. Are you kidding me? He had to have learned his lesson with Cassel and you can't just find the next Tom Brady everyday. He'll get his picks elsewhere.

1. Kansas City Chiefs (1-15)

I seriously don't know if they're going to win a game this year. With Charles gone for the season and Cassel playing like Clausen... there is a real possibility they go 0-16. The two winnable games with the way they are playing right now is Indy, and possibly the Vikings, just because it's at Arrowhead. Include the Broncos in there, when they come to K.C. Not that I'm not going to pick for them in any of those games, but they are winnable.

2. Indianapolis Colts (2-14)

The Colts have a couple games they might pull off, but after losing to the Browns IN Indy... Jacksonville may be the only team they can beat.

3. Seattle Seahawks (4-12)

The Hawks may pull out a 4 to 5 win season, if only because they reside in the horrid NFC West. The Rams and Niners always have tough times winning at Qwest, and the Hawks homefield advantage is one of the best in the league.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12)

While they are 1-1, and they do have Maurice Jones-Drew, the Jags could very well be in this conversation due to their horrid QB play and a pretty bad defense. If Blaine Gabbert steps up and plays well, though, with their run-game, the Jags will be out of the conversation pretty soon.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 1

The Jags defense wasn't that bad against the Jets, they just had poor field position due to McCown throwing 4 picks. I would consider them more likely to be the wildcard than the team picking 4th overall.

Suck for Luck Rankings:

1. Chiefs

2. Colts

3. Seahawks

4. Panthers (yeah Newton looks good, injuries are already making a repeat performance though)

5. Bengals (They couldn't beat us with half of our payroll injured. Enough said.)

6. Broncos (had to)

I guarantee you Pioli takes Luck if he gets the number 1 pick. Are you kidding me? He had to have learned his lesson with Cassel and you can't just find the next Tom Brady everyday. He'll get his picks elsewhere.

Ricky Stanzi is the future, of course.

And the best possible situation for Andrew Luck to step into would be Indianapolis. The scary part is, if Indianapolis doesn't start stepping it up without Peyton, it's looking like it could be all but a done deal with only the competition of Denver and Seattle. It would be perfect, Peyton Manning, if he does come back and play is nearing the end of his career regardless. And who better to sit behind than Peyton Manning? I think that would be an awesome passing of the torch.

But like I said, they COULD win 5 or 6 games if they play to potential.

Denver is going downhill, and fast. (I actually forgot about them when I posted last night in here.)

And if Kansas City wins it like I expect, I imagine they will just trade the pick away or go elsewhere with it being that they have already invested money into Matt Cassel.

Please let it be the Seahawks Andrew Luck will be the next great QB i hope the Chiefs figure things out and rack up some wins hopefully the Colts do to.

1.Colts

2.Seahawks

3.Bengals

4.Chiefs

Thats how i think it will play out if Peyton is done for the season the Colts are just to reliant on Peyton.

Edited by Sacks98

No way are the Panthers in the running for Luck. Regardless of the fact that there's no way they get the #1 pick because they won't have the worst record, not even close; they won't take Luck anyway and will trade down even if they did somehow get the spot.

The Jags have a pretty tough schedule, that's why I think they're in the conversation. They have to play the NFC South, none of whom I think they beat, and the AFC North, of which 2 of the 4 are winnable, but I'd still take the Bengals and the Browns over the Jags in those games.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 1

We aren't going down hill... we had the worst year in the history of our franchise last year, I'm sure we can salvage a few more wins this year.

No teams who selected a first round Qb past April will select Luck. Jags just drafted Blaine, why would they select Luck and risk destroying Blaine's confidence.

You can be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes without having to take him. You can trade the pick away. It's simply the race for the #1 pick.

• Upvote 1

We aren't going down hill... we had the worst year in the history of our franchise last year, I'm sure we can salvage a few more wins this year.

Yea, Orton is atleast a good QB that can win some games Jackson and Collins are awful.

Just in terms of quarterback play, I feel like they are going downhill fast. Orton looks like he could be a great quarterback and he proved that last year. But man, the guy has no energy out there. It seems like he has no will to make his offense get excited to actually play football and lead the team, and that showed week 1 against the Raiders.

Just in terms of quarterback play, I feel like they are going downhill fast. Orton looks like he could be a great quarterback and he proved that last year. But man, the guy has no energy out there. It seems like he has no will to make his offense get excited to actually play football and lead the team, and that showed week 1 against the Raiders.

Tebow time?

Pioli better be eyeing a QB, after watching Cassel's weak arm underthrow all day in Detroit, might as well put Stanzi in right now.

Can't coach arm strength, and Cassel doesn't have it, nor can he read defenses....there's a reason he never started in USC.

Peyton Manning isn't deemed out for the whole season...

Believe it or not, that's nothing new. and yes, it is Tebow time... to be 3rd on the depth chart everywhere on the depth chart. I would have liked to see some trick plays being run with our 1.5 QB formations.. but oh well.

Your 1.5 QB formations? How do you have half a QB? You mean Orton+Tebow?

Well, it's obvious. He's taking into consideration that all 3 quarterbacks on the depth chart are only about half as good as the rest of the quarterbacks in the league :p Ha, I had to!

Tim Tebow WINS football games. Who cares how he does it, he just does it. Denver needs to realize that.

Well, it's obvious. He's taking into consideration that all 3 quarterbacks on the depth chart are only about half as good as the rest of the quarterbacks in the league :p Ha, I had to!

Haha! It is good not to have the worst QB in the league starting for us anymore. (Not that Denver does. I think the Chiefs might have it now that McCown is no longer starting.)