Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Jay Cutler concerned about his well being

The guy just got kicked in the throat this past week, sacked six times, hit EIGHTEEN times...

The media asks him if he thinks he will make it through the whole season...

He responds, "I don't know... I don't know"

Jay Cutler is officially the opposite of tough, and is throwing his offensive line under the bus...

In what world does that make any sense...?

• Upvote 1

it does not make any sense TGP just likes to hate on Cutler. The only thing laughable is the few here on TGP.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

I am still worried, honestly. We need to be able to bring pressure from both sides. Walden better be ready to work Sunday.

I am talking this situation... Which he most clearly went to the media to vent his frustration over his OLines play. That isn't how you garner respect in the locker room.

And of course he has "talent"... Every player in the NFL has some form of talent, no matter how large or small. If they didn't, I'd be in the NFL.

Uh. . He didn't "Go" to the media. They asked him a question, and he answered the question for them lol

I don't see how this means Cutler isn't tough. I would be worried about sustaining a season ending injury if I was getting sacked as much as he is, much less getting kicked in the head and stuff.

I have no problem with Cutler saying he isn't sure if he'll make it through the season. And I'm 100% positive that him saying that is NOTHING that his starting offensive line didn't know before he said that. They suck. Their horrible. If the Bears had an offensive line, they could be one hell of a team. But they don't, and I'm almost positive that they refuse to put an offensive line in front of Cutler, which is stupid. Bring in help, there are FA OL that can perform better than the guys they have on the line.

Rodgers is a an elite QB. Cutler isn't top 10. That's no secret.

Rodgers can manage with a bad offensive line. Cutler isn't at his level so it's harder for him to play as good as he needs to behind those five.

And everybody has different ways about motivating their teammates. Sure this isn't the "standard" method but maybe it'll work for them. Maybe Cutler already talked to them, got sacked 11 times, and now he's trying to make this public to see if it works? It's the NFL you gotta do what you gotta do to succeed. If Chicago starts winning, nobody will question his leadership (at least within the confines of Chicago's locker room).

I think it's going to take more than to "start winning."

After last year, they did go to the NFC Championship, and then people got the impression he wasn't tough when he sat out. Only a Superbowl victory is going to make Cutler's attackers shut up now.

cutler always get smacked due to his incompetent O-line. actually surprised it took this long for him to finally say something O_O

I see no problems with his comments. After being beat up the way he was and after being hit in the throat, I think "I don't know" is as good a response one could make.

Cutler isn't a top 10 quarterback right now and that's without a doubt. But I definitely wish Chicago would fix their line, I think it would be interesting to see how well he would do if he wasn't running for his life every down.