Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Jay Cutler concerned about his well being

Per Rotoworld.com:

Jay Cutler admitted Wednesday that he's concerned he might not make it through the 2011 season if he continues to take sacks at a league-high rate.

Cutler has taken 11 sacks through two games, putting him on pace to absorb 88. He led the NFL with 52 sacks taken in 2010. "I don't know," said a groggy Cutler, who's throat was still sore after being kicked in the neck in Week 2. On Sunday, the Bears will face the Packers without RT Gabe Carimi (knee). We'd recommend to avoid Cutler in both one- and two-QB leagues this week. Sep 21 - 3:23 PM

Source: ESPN Chicago

I've never heard him call out his OL, but maybe he needs to make them perform. I actually like that he did this.

I would be, too. I never seen a worse o-line than we have right now. Defenses go through us like we're liquid.

Jay doesn't need to confirm what we see on TV week in and week out to the national media. He needs to take his guys aside and work with them. That's what LEADERS do. Not moan to the papers about potential injuries.

If I'm Chicago... I am looking for the quickest way to unload Cutler.

If I'm Dom Capers I'm looking at ways to absolutely kill Jay Cutler. Take some pressure off of our pass defense.

If he can't get the time to pass, we won't get burned.

Focus on Matt Forte and we should be fine...

Jay doesn't need to confirm what we see on TV week in and week out to the national media. He needs to take his guys aside and work with them. That's what LEADERS do. Not moan to the papers about potential injuries.

:rofl: He rarely whines to the media. He may "slump" on the sidelines, but he rarely goes to the media about it.

Keep the Cutler hate coming. I think it's clear that he has talent and that it is being wasted by an awful o-line, but apparently your Packers glasses are shading that.

If I'm Dom Capers I'm looking at ways to absolutely kill Jay Cutler. Take some pressure off of our pass defense.

If he can't get the time to pass, we won't get burned.

Focus on Matt Forte and we should be fine...

I am still worried, honestly. We need to be able to bring pressure from both sides. Walden better be ready to work Sunday.

:rofl: He rarely whines to the media. He may "slump" on the sidelines, but he rarely goes to the media about it.

Keep the Cutler hate coming. I think it's clear that he has talent and that it is being wasted by an awful o-line, but apparently your Packers glasses are shading that.

I am talking this situation... Which he most clearly went to the media to vent his frustration over his OLines play. That isn't how you garner respect in the locker room.

And of course he has "talent"... Every player in the NFL has some form of talent, no matter how large or small. If they didn't, I'd be in the NFL.

Idk how much talking with his OL Cutler can do...they absolutely suck. I don't think it would fix much "talking to them".

Oh and what is he supposed to say? Yeah I'm confident that my OL can protect me long enough to make the big plays and make it back to the NFCCG? Everyone knows the Bears won't make it back to the playoffs if they keep playing like this.

Edited by gobadgers77
  • Upvote 1

Idk how much talking with his OL Cutler can do...they absolutely suck. I don't think it would fix much "talking to them".

Oh and what is he supposed to say? Yeah I'm confident that my OL can protect me long enough to make the big plays and make it back to the NFCCG? Everyone knows the Bears won't make it back to the playoffs if they keep playing like this.

Maybe not, but him throwing his teammates under the bus certainly won't make them better, either.

And... yes. Aaron's line has sucked year after year. He always comes out and might say something like "We had some trouble today, but I have confidence in the guys protecting me moving forward".

How do you know he hasn't talked to them? One guy can't make an entire unit of back-up type talent to perform how he needs them to. They're grown ass men making a bunch of money. All Cutler said was "I don't know". He didn't point fingers at anyone. Someone asks him if he'll make it through the season taking this kind of abuse, he says "I don't know". Well, if he continues to take the abuse I think that's a proper answer. It's not like the O-line has shown any improvement what so ever. No QB should be sacked anywhere close to 11 times in 2 games. That's ridiculous. I'd be bitching a lot more than he is (he isn't actually bitching in public) if it was me. It's his career and the piss-poor protection and shitty job the FO has done to get the O-line playing how they should is putting him and his career at risk.

Edited by Shotgun

JD your normally a cool guy but :facepalm: He has been sacked 98 times in three years I would be worried about my health concerns as well after football. The last 2 weeks he has been going to the OL bench and venting his frustration with them and talking with them. If I'm Chicago I realize how much of a dumbass Mike Martz is for calling his 7 steps drops and hopefully let him go. I realize that Jay Cutler is one of the best quarterbacks we had in the past 30 years and go out and give him some protection. This offseason to address our O line we drafted one rookie OL, that's not going to cut it, that's a huge fail especially when Dhal, Calbo, Henderson and even Mckinnie were free agents this year and yet we signed to get one Instead we get Chris fucking Spencer. Thirdly everybody in the front office has to go. Getting sacked 98 times in 3 years can even get the best Qb's rattled.

• Upvote 1

How do you know he hasn't talked to them? One guy can't make an entire unit of back-up type talent to perform how he needs them to. They're grown ass men making a bunch of money. All Cutler said was "I don't know". He didn't point fingers at anyone. Someone asks him if he'll make it through the season taking this kind of abuse, he says "I don't know". Well, if he continues to take the abuse I think that's a proper answer. It's not like the O-line has shown any improvement what so ever. No QB should be sacked anywhere close to 11 times in 2 games. That's ridiculous. I'd be bitching a lot more than he is (he isn't actually bitching in public) if it was me. It's his career and the piss-poor protection and shitty job the FO has done to get the O-line playing how they should is putting him and his career at risk.

If he has talked to them... there's even more reason not to say anything in interviews.

"I taken some of those guys aside, and we are moving on. Focusing on the Packers pass rush" etc etc etc.

He's a mediocre talent anyway. As stated above, the Bears would be better off moving on.

JD your normally a cool guy but :facepalm: He has been sacked 98 times in three years I would be worried about my health concerns as well after football. The last 2 weeks he has been going to the OL bench and venting his frustration with them and talking with them. If I'm Chicago I realize how much of a dumbass Mike Martz is for calling his 7 steps drops and hopefully let him go. I realize that Jay Cutler is one of the best quarterbacks we had in the past 30 years and go out and give him some protection. This offseason to address our O line we drafted one rookie OL, that's not going to cut it, that's a huge fail especially when Dhal, Calbo, Henderson and even Mckinnie were free agents this year and yet we signed to get one Instead we get Chris fucking Spencer. Thirdly everybody in the front office has to go. Getting sacked 98 times in 3 years can even get the best Qb's rattled.

The amazing praise for Mike Tice sure has died in Chicago, hasn't it? lol

I am still worried, honestly. We need to be able to bring pressure from both sides. Walden better be ready to work Sunday.

I am talking this situation... Which he most clearly went to the media to vent his frustration over his OLines play. That isn't how you garner respect in the locker room.

And of course he has "talent"... Every player in the NFL has some form of talent, no matter how large or small. If they didn't, I'd be in the NFL.

I'm talking relative talent to the rest of the QBs in the league. Quit playing dumb. And maybe he isn't trying to gain respect. Maybe he thinks that his play on the field has earned him respect and the o-linemen haven't earned any respect on the field.

I'm talking relative talent to the rest of the QBs in the league. Quit playing dumb. And maybe he isn't trying to gain respect. Maybe he thinks that his play on the field has earned him respect and the o-linemen haven't earned any respect on the field.

You are talking about Jay Cutler like he is some... MVP caliber QB who has this amazing resume to back him up. What has he accomplished in his career that makes him worthy of not only the fans respect... But his teammates?

Where do you rank Cutler amongst current NFL starters?

The amazing praise for Mike Tice sure has died in Chicago, hasn't it? lol

You can polish a piece of shit but either way its still a piece of shit. Martz needs to realize our protection can't hold up for 7 steps drop backs or even 5 at times. Mike Tice is doing all he can with this OL but he needs help whether its from Martz changing his scheme or our Front office getting better OL. I know that question was for windy but I would rank Culter ahead of Sanchez.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

You can polish a piece of shit but either way its still a piece of shit. Martz needs to realize our protection can't hold up for 7 steps drop backs or even 5 at times. Mike Tice is doing all he can with this OL but he needs help whether its from Martz changing his scheme or our Front office getting better OL.

I remember when Martz was hired, and he was brought into town like some kind of messiah. He was going to save the Bears woeful offense. He was going to make Jay Cutler look competent for once in his career... Years later, here we are and it hasn't all come together yet.

Jay Cutler has one job... one. Get the ball to Matt Forte. Simple as that.

Or perhaps... It's time to clean house in Chicago?

Lovie and most of the team can stay.. Only people who can stay on that line are Garza and Carimi. Front office needs to be gutted and Martz has to be gone.

And... yes. Aaron's line has sucked year after year. He always comes out and might say something like "We had some trouble today, but I have confidence in the guys protecting me moving forward".

Rodgers is a an elite QB. Cutler isn't top 10. That's no secret.

Rodgers can manage with a bad offensive line. Cutler isn't at his level so it's harder for him to play as good as he needs to behind those five.

And everybody has different ways about motivating their teammates. Sure this isn't the "standard" method but maybe it'll work for them. Maybe Cutler already talked to them, got sacked 11 times, and now he's trying to make this public to see if it works? It's the NFL you gotta do what you gotta do to succeed. If Chicago starts winning, nobody will question his leadership (at least within the confines of Chicago's locker room).

Rodgers is a an elite QB. Cutler isn't top 10. That's no secret.

Rodgers can manage with a bad offensive line. Cutler isn't at his level so it's harder for him to play as good as he needs to behind those five.

And everybody has different ways about motivating their teammates. Sure this isn't the "standard" method but maybe it'll work for them. Maybe Cutler already talked to them, got sacked 11 times, and now he's trying to make this public to see if it works? It's the NFL you gotta do what you gotta do to succeed. If Chicago starts winning, nobody will question his leadership (at least within the confines of Chicago's locker room).

I have a bad feeling that our pass rush is going to make them look competent and then everyone will praise Jay Cutler immediately following their win.

Edited by Favre4Ever

You are talking about Jay Cutler like he is some... MVP caliber QB who has this amazing resume to back him up. What has he accomplished in his career that makes him worthy of not only the fans respect... But his teammates?

Where do you rank Cutler amongst current NFL starters?

He is middle of the pack, but he's the best QB the Bears have ever had.

Rodgers is a top ten QB for sure but behind chicago line he would look not nearly as good as he is now.

He is middle of the pack, but he's the best QB the Bears have ever had.

In your lifetime. Plus, nobody thinks QB when they hear Chicago. They immediately go defense. So really being the best QB in Chicago.. doesn't mean a damn thing.

As for Cutler going to the media, it doesn't show "toughness" at all. Suck it up and make plays on the field. That's what will impress everyone; all fans not just Chicago. Because how he's handling it.. is laughable, yet again.

• Upvote 1