Sign in to follow this  
Glanvilles Grits

It will be a LONG night next Sunday..

Well after what I saw on the field today in the Falcons/Seahawks game, it's going to be a long night next Sunday on primetime TV when the Falcons take on the Packers. A real long night. .

Jackson had a career day against the Falcons. We almost gave up a 20 point lead, and got lucky with a missed field goal to end the game.

The offense looks atrocious for the most part. Although Julio Jones was a bright-spot, and Turner had a few big runs on the day. The defense seems to ALWAYS tire out by the 2nd and 3rd quarters and gives up big points.

Next Sunday night could be a blood-bath, I'm not sure if I'll even want to try and bare watching. Especially after watching Aaron Rodgers today. . :facepalm:

With the Falcons at home, it probably won't be as bad as you would think after seeing the Falcons these first few weeks. I doubt they win, but I also doubt they lose by anymore than 7 to 10 points.

Nah... Falcons are going to be out looking for revenge. Should be a good game with both teams in it to win it.

Don't underrate your team. It'll be a good matchup, that I can guarantee.

I can only hope that watching Aaron Rodgers walk onto the field brings up traumatic memories of last year's divisional round spanking, causing them to play completely out of sync.

Honestly it seems like the Falcons are still reeling from that loss. They haven't played like they should be playing, they're totally out of whack. If the Falcons win this game, confidence increases tenfold in the locker room and they'll start playing like a SB contender again.

Don't underrate your team. It'll be a good matchup, that I can guarantee.

I can only hope that watching Aaron Rodgers walk onto the field brings up traumatic memories of last year's divisional round spanking, causing them to play completely out of sync.

Honestly it seems like the Falcons are still reeling from that loss. They haven't played like they should be playing, they're totally out of whack. If the Falcons win this game, confidence increases tenfold in the locker room and they'll start playing like a SB contender again.

I don't feel like I'm under-rating them. They were absolutely slaughtered by the Bears, majority in part because the offensive line is horrible. And they STILL are looking for answers on the line. Matt Ryan is running for his life out there.

The defense won't be the problem. I can assure you the offense WILL be the problem.

I'm worried right now, but come Sunday night I'll be hyped and ready to go. I do agree that if they win, it will set the standard for the rest of the season though. I doubt they do though, too many issues.

Well the O-line might play better. Clay and Raji could have a great game, but sometimes while playing away D-lines and rushers in general are a little slower getting off on the rush. It could help the Falcons out and give Ryan just enough time to pass to Julio or Roddy, considering the Pack secondary isn't playing well. I actually think the O will play better than you may be currently expecting right now.

Personally I'd be more worried about Rodgers shredding your defense considering the Falcons aren't getting the pressure they probably should be after grabbing Ray Edwards. Maybe this is just proof he in fact was a product of the rest of the Vikings D-line. Are you guys getting back Babineaux yet? He would help out a lot. Pass-rush would probably be a little better and they probably wouldn't have to worry about the run game as much. The Falcons will need all the guys in coverage they can get.

Well the O-line might play better. Clay and Raji could have a great game, but sometimes while playing away D-lines and rushers in general are a little slower getting off on the rush. It could help the Falcons out and give Ryan just enough time to pass to Julio or Roddy, considering the Pack secondary isn't playing well. I actually think the O will play better than you may be currently expecting right now.

Personally I'd be more worried about Rodgers shredding your defense considering the Falcons aren't getting the pressure they probably should be after grabbing Ray Edwards. Maybe this is just proof he in fact was a product of the rest of the Vikings D-line. Are you guys getting back Babineaux yet? He would help out a lot. Pass-rush would probably be a little better and they probably wouldn't have to worry about the run game as much. The Falcons will need all the guys in coverage they can get.

They are getting the pressure, just not the sacks to back it up. The line isn't my worry against Rodgers, it's the slow linebackers. He does it to us every time we play the packers, he runs away and the linebackers can't catch him. It takes forever for anyone in the secondary to get to him though because of course we are defending 4 receivers all night.

They are getting the pressure, just not the sacks to back it up. The line isn't my worry against Rodgers, it's the slow linebackers. He does it to us every time we play the packers, he runs away and the linebackers can't catch him. It takes forever for anyone in the secondary to get to him though because of course we are defending 4 receivers all night.

All I've heard about the D-line is they've looked just kinda average with weakish pressure aside for some plays by Abraham but I'll take your word for it. Yeah, you make a good point. Rodgers mobility will be an issue. Sometimes I forget the guy can run like Steve Young.

At this point I think Carolina would beat Atlanta, nevermind the Packers. Rodgers is going to slaughter them unless they pull something out of the hat that they haven't had all season long.

• Downvote 1

I don't expect a good game at all. After a 48-21 debacle where Atlanta found out just how far their defense was from being Super Bowl quality, they go out and trade a bunch of draft picks just so they can pick up Julio Jones. It made no sense at the time, and still doesn't now. Matt Ryan didn't need Julio Jones. They were fine with White and Jenkins. Is it going to work out with Jones in the long run? Yes. Definitely, but they're going to have a down year first. Especially after casting off so many picks that they could have used to add defensive pieces. Atlanta wanted a deep threat and went a got him. Did they definitely need it? No. They had a good RB, good QB, very good WR, and hall of fame TE. They were going to be fine, offensively. They needed defensive pieces, and they sacrificed that for a deep threat.

If the Packers put 50 on us I wouldn't be surprised. It'll be a decent game at best. Sure. We're out for revenge...but how can one team that's played like shit all year give the Packers revenge. I love my Falcons...but tomorrow night will be a long night.

Even though it was close against the Seahawks last week, they are giving me hope. They are playing the Giants extremely hard. Tied right now in the 3rd and the defense is playing nearly lights out.

14-3 Falcons. Not the blowout people thought, eh? Falcons at home are a lot different than the Falcons away.

Like I said, close first half and then Green Bay pulls away in the second.

14-3 Falcons. Not the blowout people thought, eh? Falcons at home are a lot different than the Falcons away.

tumblr_l96b01l36p1qdhmifo1_500.jpg

ATLANTA FALCON, Y U MAKE ME LOOK STUPID?!

• Upvote 1

Yeah...it was over after Green Bay took their first lead, and you could see it coming from a mile away after they first got on the board. Atlanta is so bad right now, it's pathetic. But like I said, can't dismiss defensive troubles and get better. Not gonna happen.