Favre4Ever

Green Bay @ Atlanta

Why to watch

This is a rematch from the NFC divisional playoffs, when the Falcons could not stop Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan threw a crushing interception -- both quarterbacks have been on a similar path since. The collection of pass-catching talent on this field is fairly overwhelming, with Julio Jones already playing like a stud.

Inside story

It's hard not to like the Packers' team speed on the fast track of the dome. Only the Bills have fewer sacks than the Falcons this season. If the Falcons can't get to Rodgers, forget about it, dude might score six more TDs.

Should be a good one. Let's get it... 5 - 0!

I'm just so worried about our defense lol. Hopefully we can get to Ryan, we do so well when we put him under pressure.

Getting ready to watch my Falcons. The Seahawks beating the Giants today gave me hope that maybe the Falcons aren't as bad as I thought. Hopefully this will be a good game, but the doubts are there. In fact, I don't think it will be. But, GO FALCONS!

Fuck the Packers! And Fuck the man beast who is Aaron Rodgers.

If the Falcons can protect Matt Ryan, we have a chance.

Keys to the Falcons victory:

- Protect Matt Ryan

- RUN THE FOOTBALL. Keep that potent offense off the field.

- Keep Rodgers from escaping the pocket.

- NO DUMB DECISIONS FROM MATT RYAN.

Inactive List

Green Bay Packers Player Position

31 Davon House CB

36 Nick Collins S

58 Frank Zombo LB

75 Bryan Bulaga T

81 Andrew Quarless TE

96 Mike Neal DE

97 Vic So'oto LB

Atlanta Falcons Player Position

29 Darrin Walls CB

35 Antone Smith S

55 John Abraham DE

62 Todd McClure C

79 Mike Johnson OG

97 Carlton Powell DT

98 Cliff Matthews DE

Roddy White (thigh) is active for Sunday Night Football against the Packers.

White turned in just one full practice during the week, but was never in danger of sitting out this evening.

RE John Abraham (hip) is inactive, however. His absence should loom large against Green Bay's elite passing attack considering the Falcons have just five sacks through their first four games. They will have DT Jonathan Babineaux for the first time since Week 1.

Also inactive for the Falcons are CB Darrin Walls, RB Antone Smith, C Todd McClure, OG Mike Johnson, DT Carlton Powell and DE Cliff Matthews.

Packers declared RT Bryan Bulaga, OLB Frank Zombo, CB Davon House, FS Nick Collins, TE Andrew Quarless, DE Mike Neal and LB Vic So'oto inactive for Week 5 against the Falcons.

Donald Driver (shin) is active. Marshall Newhouse will start in Bulaga's place at right tackle. He should be ready to return in Week 6. Zombo (shoulder) finally returned to practice Wednesday, but didn't make enough progress to make his 2011 debut this evening. Erik Walden will again start in his place.

Whoop whoop! How do you like that cheese heads! 14-0 Atlanta.

Excited, but not letting my fan-guard down. I know the Packers like to come on strong after being down. Let's go Falcons!

:Falcons: :Falcons: :Falcons:

Looking good so far, but I'm cautiously optimistic seeing that Aaron Rodgers knows how to lead a comeback, especially since it's so early.

As I said before... This game means a hell of a lot more to Atlanta. They got embarrassed last year and want to make up for it. Definitely off to a good start.

14-6 at halftime. Again, keeping my guard up. I know Rodgers can come out and burn us at any time. The Packers D is no slouch either, although they are playing more like the Denver defense.

On a side note, our corner Chris Owens is complete fucking garbage. Guy get's burned constantly. Aaron Rodgers ate the guy up last season for 2 or 3 touchdowns in the playoff game. He comes out today and gets torched 3 times already.

He's so fucking bad that our own players were trying to smack him in the helmet hard enough to give him a concussion just to get him off the damn field! :censored:

14-6 at halftime. Again, keeping my guard up. I know Rodgers can come out and burn us at any time. The Packers D is no slouch either, although they are playing more like the Denver defense.

On a side note, our corner Chris Owens is complete fucking garbage. Guy get's burned constantly. Aaron Rodgers ate the guy up last season for 2 or 3 touchdowns in the playoff game. He comes out today and gets torched 3 times already.

He's so fucking bad that our own players were trying to smack him in the helmet hard enough to give him a concussion just to get him off the damn field! :censored:

Aaron looks very frustrated at this point. He has happy feet, and it's going to take a miracle to overcome our 1st half woes, imo.

A miracle? Nope. Just the usual 2nd half Atlanta defense. I don't fucking get these guys. It's like every week we play great first half defense and come out after half time with a bunch of pop-warner boys suited up in Falcons uniforms. Horrible defense. Jesus.

Collinsworth nailed this one (which is a rarity). Momentum shifted when Mike McCarthy began trusting our young tackles.

And the Failcons get slapped around by GB at home again. LOL :Falcons: Fail!

Edited by BigBen07

Second straight time the Packer have emptied the Georgia Dome. That's a big, sweet, plus. Lovely.

Injuries:

Julio Jones left with a hamstring injury. Harry Douglas grabbed more passes following Jones' departure.

Chad Clifton was carted off, presumably with an ankle injury. RT Marshall Newhouse moved to LT to replace clifton, and rookie 1st round pick Derek Sherrod (typically LT) took over for Newhouse on the right side.

Way to go Pack! 5-0! Keep it up!

Edited by gobadgers77

This is our best win on the young season so far. Matt Ryan was like 22 - 3 at home... Mike Smith has only lost one game after being ahead in the 2nd half. We were far from perfect... The rhythm wasn't... Went down two scores early... Starting LT went down...

But we didn't give up. We didn't groan about what wasn't working but stayed patient and waited for the Falcons to let us back in the game.

That 2nd Half was the best half of football we have played all season. From ST... to Offense.. to Defense... We played as if they were all firing on all cylinders.

Great victory for a great team.

Second straight time the Packer have emptied the Georgia Dome. That's a big, sweet, plus. Lovely.

Injuries:

Julio Jones left with a hamstring injury. Harry Douglas grabbed more passes following Jones' departure.

Chad Clifton was carted off, presumably with an ankle injury. RT Marshall Newhouse moved to LT to replace clifton, and rookie 1st round pick Derek Sherrod (typically LT) took over for Newhouse on the right side.

Way to go Pack! 5-0! Keep it up!

Book the parade. Last 6 times the Pack went 5-0 to start they won a title.

Wasn't pretty at first but we got it turned around. The passrush was horrendous though, only 1 sack and hardly got pressure. Capers needs to find a solution to this and fast, possibly bringing in Curry or hoping Zombo can perform well when he comes back. The offense looked alright beside the dropped balls, especially by Finley. After complaining you don't get targeted enough, you come out drop at least 3 or 4 balls, one a TD. Happy to be 5-0 and hopefully we can be 6-0 next week :cheesehead:

Book the parade. Last 6 times the Pack went 5-0 to start they won a title.

I thought we went 5-0 in 2007 and we lost the NFCCG? Or was that 4-1?

This is our best win on the young season so far. Matt Ryan was like 22 - 3 at home... Mike Smith has only lost one game after being ahead in the 2nd half. We were far from perfect... The rhythm wasn't... Went down two scores early... Starting LT went down...

That's exactly what you expect from a Super Bowl champion. Statistics don't matter. McCarthy is a very good coach and he knows what to do to win games.

Well last night was pretty awesome. After parking the car we were walking toward the Georgia Dome and for some reason, Mark Murphy was walking the streets of Atlanta. We stopped and talked to him for a while, and he gave us pre-game field passes. So we got down to field level and just a few yards away, guys like Clay Matthews, Ryan Grant, James Jones, Masthay, and Crosby along with a few others were warming up. During all of this we talked with Randall Cobb's sister and Edgar Bennett's brother. Then before gametime they sent us off to our seats and saw a great game :yay: