Maverick

Falcons rip Suh for taunting Matt Ryan

^Suh is not coming out and denying it, which is the most interesting part. And lets be honest...what happens in the trenches in general is dirty..and it's not like Svitek purposely hurt Ryan. Suh's really making remarks that aren't necessary. I appreciate the man's desire and heart for football..but there's no need to be a twat about it.

BAB didn't post the whole article... From that same article:

Both Suh and Avril vehemently deny the claims and are clearly bothered by the negative way Detroit's defenders -- specifically Suh -- continue to be viewed.

And from the Detroit Free Press:

“I’m not even near their quarterback, so how am I going to trash-talk somebody that has a medical staff that’s all around him?” Suh said today. “That’s their own problem. If you look at that play, I didn’t cause his quarterback to come down. (Lawrence Jackson), who was closest man to him, and Corey (Williams) didn’t cause the player to go down. Myself and Cliff (Avril) were standing next to each other.

This is my problem with all these accusations. One, neither Suh or Avril were near the QB the whole time. And two, NOTHING happened right after Ryan left the field, there was no confrontation b/w Suh+Avril and the linemen. Your telling me that as an Oline, if your QB is in serious pain and two defensive players are taunting them they wouldn't do jack shit about it, and then whine on about it during the media? IDK about that...

I honestly don't know what to believe.

• Upvote 1

This is my problem with all these accusations. One, neither Suh or Avril were near the QB the whole time. And two, NOTHING happened right after Ryan left the field, there was no confrontation b/w Suh+Avril and the linemen. Your telling me that as an Oline, if your QB is in serious pain and two defensive players are taunting them they wouldn't do jack shit about it, and then whine on about it during the media? IDK about that...

I honestly don't know what to believe.

This.

Something smells fishy.

BAB didn't post the whole article... From that same article:

My bad. I thought what I posted was the only new stuff said today.

You know, I really don't believe the kicking part. It's obvious they didn't do that. But if fucking Suh wants to run his mouth go for it. Scoreboard showed that his defensive line couldn't stop Turner or Ryan.

TBH I know there is a lot of trash talk that goes on in the NFL. I don't really know of one thing positive that comes out of it though. Seems too many just want to run their mouth. Roddy White has been known to run off at the mouth a bunch of times in the past, and Suh shouldn't even began to talk about "karma" when Matt Ryan was able to come back after just a few plays little worn for wear. Matthew Stafford on the other hand was unfortunately injured in the Lions' last offensive play of the game. I just wish they'd all think of how the things coming out of their mouths sound.

Okay I know I've already kind of soiled my image in this thread but I have something to say:

I don't like how players don't leave what happens on the field there. Since when is the trash-talk between players on the field supposed to be spread across headlines everywhere? I don't get it. What happens on the field stays on the field imo. Apparently not to the players in this league, though.

Who cares? If he was actually kicking him then I would have a problem, but he obviously wasn't. And the whole thing with them kicking at Ryans feet? That's all hear say as well. No one else had seen it? It's not on camera anywhere or it would be much bigger news else-where.

This game NEEDS guys like this, guys who step up and talk trash. I think the whole "Oh he's talking trash to an injured player, wah" bullcrap is stupid. It's just part of the watered down goody goody NFL of today. Years ago it was nothing like this. In the 90's, if a player was on the ground, you seen everyone talking trash. The great LT, Dick Butkus, Jack Tatum, those guys were known as pyscho's on the field. If they lit you up, you knew you were getting screamed at and told to get off the damn field if you cried. And if they were coming at you, you were scared. Why? Because you knew they were TRYING to injure your ass. None of this "wrap them up" crap. They were knocking the shit out of you, then telling you that you were a bitch.

No one complained. Because the NFL was built on this stuff. Even one of the most respected guys in the NFL today used to use this sort of stuff as intimidation, his name is Ray Lewis. Not so much anymore, but he used to be ferocious when he first came in the league.

That's all true, but intensity on the field has it's limits, and taunting injuries is well beyond that limit, before you start talking about LT being 'psycho on the field' take a look at the Joe Theismann hit (anyone who's seen it knows what hit I'm talking about) and you'll see that LT is the first guy running toward the sideline calling for the trainers, and not as a taunt but because he knew that Theismann needed it. I know it's tough to turn it on and off, but it is possible to be a psycho between the whistles then tone it down.