RANGA

Battlefield 3

Just came out and looks amazing. Who has it already? :D

ALL MY FRIENDS SO BUY IT ALREADY SO I CAN STOMP THEM ONLINE IN RUSH. FUUUUUU

I've got it and it's fun as hell.

Hardcore Mode - Conquest FTMFW

:yep:

It's ok...

For real? You were saying it was incredible during it's beta testing phase?

Was thinking about maybe getting it cuz my friends all have it but then I remembered that I'm trying really hard to stop playing shooting games.

For real? You were saying it was incredible during it's beta testing phase?

Was thinking about maybe getting it cuz my friends all have it but then I remembered that I'm trying really hard to stop playing shooting games.

Except I never played the BETA. lol

Outside of the lag you get every now and then, it is really fun. It should only improve with updates as well.

Outside of the lag you get every now and then, it is really fun. It should only improve with updates as well.

Except I never played the BETA. lol

Well you was always talking about it so I assumed you did play for beta phase.

Working to find my niche right now... Class wise. I am a decent sniper. Nothing spectacular. Okay engineer... Eh heavy (support)... But I am lighting it up as a medic right now. I've medded my squad leader to 2 consecutive 1st place finishes. Pretty cool.

Yea the Assault Medic class is my favorite as well...The M416 is the shit. The Recon class with the UMP-45 silenced instead of a sniper rifle is awesome too. Love the spawn beacon.

The game is fucking incredible. Anyone on here play PS3? If so gimme them usernames so we can squad up together.

Haven't been able to touch the multiplayer yet, but having the tanks and jets sounds pretty exciting. I wasn't too hot at BFBC2, so I don't expect to fair much better here. Should be engaging, nonetheless, with the depth of the game.

There are probably enough people on here to create a TGP team/squad/whatever. Let me know if interested. XBLGT: jack0fnotrades

The campaign is probably my favorite aside from the new MOH game (although that one could have offered more playing time). The graphics are pretty breathtaking at times, and the destruction engine is awesome. However, I can't stand the stupid button mashing sequences, and there are several moments where it just seems like you are doomed to fail multiple times before getting it right. Might just be because I'm not too good at shooters :grinno: .

I'm probably going to be picking it up this weekend.

Does this let Xbox/PS/PC players all play together, btw, or are they separate? I haven't played BF in awhile, I don't recall.

Got my first MVP ribbon (I know, sad... lol) as an assault medic on Rush...

19 - 10, 5746 points.

Yay!

Is this worth getting as I played the Beta and the graphics where awful, I am trying to decide between this or MW3 an I am really not sure about this

Got my first MVP ribbon (I know, sad... lol) as an assault medic on Rush...

19 - 10, 5746 points.

Yay!

What's even more sad is that I feel like I'm king of the world when I go 10-6. I think I have 2 positive matches after about 15-20.

Thought this was way sick. Thought I would share just in case none of you have seen it yet.

Edited by Pwillie52
  • Upvote 1

Thought this was way sick. Thought I would share just in case none of you have seen it yet.

That was badass. Thanks for sharing.

Is this worth getting as I played the Beta and the graphics where awful, I am trying to decide between this or MW3 an I am really not sure about this

Graphics are a step up in the game. You can't put the entire destruction or graphics engine into a beta because that would be too large of a file to be downloaded, so they gave you enough to get a taste of what the game was like.

Battlefield 3 is a completely different game (as I'm sure you know) from the Call of Duty series, so make your choice based off of what you want out of your game. BF3 is more team-oriented and takes a higher level of skill to play, so you won't have obnoxious 5 year old kids screaming into the mic every single time they die or they get a kill. The maps are larger, which make for better combat, and because of this there can be vehicles. I find the vehicles to be very fun although it takes a little while to get used to flying the jet. The only vehicle downside I've found would be trying to take down a tank with a terrible team. I played a conquest game on Caspian Border and got extremely frustrated being out in the open and getting killed constantly because I had absolutely no assistance, land or air, to take down the tank, which was sitting at a flag and bombing everything within sight. The leveling up system is great and the weapons are very good and seem to be pretty realistic. The destruction engine is more realistic this time around (a grenade won't drop half a building like it did in BF2). My only complaints would be that you cannot leave a game after it ends until the next starts, you will not do well with an awful, individualistic team, and that I have been dropped to the main menu because of connection issues about 3-4 times in my 4 hour playing time span, but it is getting a lot better and I wasn't dropped once yesterday during my 1 1/2 hours.

If you're looking for a team-based, realistic shooter that takes skill to play but leaves you feeling satisfied once you've finished playing, well then Battlefield 3 is your game. Great weapons, great leveling-up, great maps, incredible graphics/destruction system--overall just a fantastic game! (You know what the best thing is? NO FUCKING QUICKSCOPING! FUCK THAT UNREALISTIC SHIT!) :clap:

Edited by Patriots2994

What's even more sad is that I feel like I'm king of the world when I go 10-6. I think I have 2 positive matches after about 15-20.

That's not something to be embarrassed about. Many people have played Battlefield for several years, so they're accustomed to the way the game is played. People coming over from Call of Duty or Gears of War will take time to get used to the game due to the realistic elements, such as needing to account for drop and movement when you fire, building destruction, health and weapon damage levels being more realistic, etc. I've played the game for years but fell back into Call of Duty for the past 6 months or so, so I'm having to relearn the game, just at a quicker pace than most. On average I'll go somewhere like 14-10. My K/R is around 1.3 or so but it's rising because of the experience I'm getting. You'll improve, but this game is not Call of Duty so there will not be people running around with 10.0 K/R's unless they're either a pro gamer or a hacker.

Yeah, you can forget about me getting it for the time being. On the PC, you have to have Windows 7 or Vista, since I didn't get either one, (because I dislike both of them, and because I don't care to spend $150 for an OS when I already have one that works fine- XP), I won't be getting BF3. I don't have enough money to waste $200 on a game and an OS.

Damn microsoft trying to force people to upgrade.

If Mass Effect 3 comes out with a windows 7/vista requirement... something bad is going to happen.

Edited by Thanatos19

I was playing with the dumbest squad ever to be assembled earlier... Wow.